• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Maybe some snapshots too?

I think one of them mammy jammers just crawled up and down my spine...BBRRRR

This is the one that came off the trailer. Or the boat, . . . hard to say.
20190429_145210.jpg
He was only about 3 ft long and skinny.

The Egret got one that was maybe 2 feet.

20190429_145404.jpg

Today was shooting range day and I posted a range report in the range report room. It was a lovely day here and everything went off without a hitch.

This is the one that came off the trailer. Or the boat, . . . hard to say.
View attachment 20829
He was only about 3 ft long and skinny.

The Egret got one that was maybe 2 feet.

View attachment 20830

Today was shooting range day and I posted a range report in the range report room. It was a lovely day here and everything went off without a hitch.

Thanks for the pics. That snake gives me the shivers....

Good morning all. Clearing skies and 63 this morning. We had a nice rain last night. It started about 1:30 am. Not sure how much we got yet.

John, when I was little, up to 13 years old, my grandmother and grandfather lived in a very small town in central Missouri. They had 15 acres with a pond and about 10 wooded acres. I remember there was a blackberry patch close to the pond. Me and grandma used to pick blackberries, take them back to the house, wash them, then pour fresh cream over them as a treat. Oh my was that ever good.

And with that I will get on with my day. Be safe and stay vigilant my friends.

@John A. few know what BlackBerry winter is, ours was right on time week,before Easter. Heres one of,the blackberry hedges on property last week. Hoping rain and sun just right for .Bumper crop this year.
Today I have an appt between 8 and 1 ??? Yes, ATT the internet is not functional currently. Tommorrow ortho surgeon 8a.m.
Stay safe enjoy your days0430190946_HDR_20190506093254021_20190506093637451_20190506093812091_20190506093923144.jpg

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

I stayed up until 1 am cleaning all the guns I had shot yesterday. I had not shot the gill gun or the XDs for a long time, so I had to check my own notes on disassembly.

Which are all posted here of course. ;)

I need to do a thorough inventory and checking of everything before the re-loading starts again. A couple of mine haven't been shot for over 2 years, and a couple need lots of work.

So why am I looking at more guns on the for-sale board at the rifle club?

Because I still have room for another safe. ;)

Y'all have a great day!

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

I stayed up until 1 am cleaning all the guns I had shot yesterday. I had not shot the gill gun or the XDs for a long time, so I had to check my own notes on disassembly.

Which are all posted here of course. ;)

I need to do a thorough inventory and checking of everything before the re-loading starts again. A couple of mine haven't been shot for over 2 years, and a couple need lots of work.

So why am I looking at more guns on the for-sale board at the rifle club?

Because I still have room for another safe. ;)

Y'all have a great day!

:yourock::good::gimme5:

Good morning everyone. We are at 66 this morning with a high overcast. Should reach 80 today with thunder forecast tonight.

I was working in the yard most of yesterday, looks like more of the same today. There does appear to be an end in sight though, then it's just the usual maintenance. The yard sure looks better than it did a few weeks ago.

I hope you all have a great day.

Home from Dr. Verdict is:
1 fractured Tibia OUCH
Torn ACL again
Torn meniscus again
Good news the mcl was ok, LOL
So surgery next Wednesday. Then couole months rehab etc.....

Bloody hell! I don't know an ACL from an MCL but it all sounds painful.
Particularly the fracture. 8-0

I am lucky as hell so far. This has been my most pain-free day in 8 weeks.

Damn Dj, I hope the surgery fixes your knee and makes it better than before. Walking must be very painful.

Cadd, maybe those kiddos will get interested in the inner workings of those firearms. No better way than to disassemble and clean. Under adult supervision of course.

Now todays weather report. Woke up to rain this morning and 66 degrees. It should end shortly, at least for the next 8 hours or so, then we get round two.

I hope you all have a great day.

I ordered a different crawdad trap. My current ones have entry holes of only 2". Good enough for the bait sized dads but not quite big enough for the eaters. The new one has 7" entries. It's cold and rainy here too. I slept in. Tomorrow looks good. The water is going down and I may be able to find turtles and dads in the swamps left behind.

Where's the best place to lay a crawdad trap DJ?

I'm still thinking about raising some as for food for my fish.

@meanstreak
All my guns are either Nearly New or I have spent a lot of time fixing them up. I wouldn't let those girls any closer to a screwdriver than necessary to tighten their skateboard.
:oldman:

Where's the best place to lay a crawdad trap DJ?

I'm still thinking about raising some as for food for my fish.

@meanstreak
All my guns are either Nearly New or I have spent a lot of time fixing them up. I wouldn't let those girls any closer to a screwdriver than necessary to tighten their skateboard.
:oldman:

I have been watching a lot of videos Cadd, and ponds with visible rocks and some plant growth. Slow or no water movement. Basically, I saw that even rivers with low current or ponds with rocks in enough water to cover the trap.

If you have a hole of water about as deep as the trap, that is ideal.

If the water is deep (like in a river) cast the trap in the shallows. Oh, they also like rocky areas because they can hide better, but they will come out to eat the food in the trap.

Either, way, if you can find a spot about 10 inches deep, that's plenty for those commercial traps.

I like boiling crawdads. A sprinkle of garlic salt. Mmmm.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frabill-...MI977gg5SN4gIVgsDICh18WA3tEAQYBSABEgLIofD_BwE

If you have a hole of water about as deep as the trap, that is ideal.

If the water is deep (like in a river) cast the trap in the shallows.

Either, way, if you can find a spot about 10 inches deep, that's plenty for those commercial traps.

I like boiling crawdads. A sprinkle of garlic salt. Mmmm.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frabill-...MI977gg5SN4gIVgsDICh18WA3tEAQYBSABEgLIofD_BwE

I got the Frabill crawdad trap and one from Sportsmans Warehouse that has the extension cylinder that makes it 2 x as long. Both have larger holes than standard minnow traps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JK6PVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, that'll work fine. It's like what we use. It'll catch minners and crawdads.

It will also catch water moccasins and copperheads trying to eat the minners too, so be careful when you pull the trap out of the water. I usually tie the trap to paracord or small rope to a tree so I can cast it and pull it in without going swimming or wading and if a storm comes, it won't wash the trap away.

If you use some sandwich bread and tear it up into pieces to put in the trap, that'll be plenty good enough for bait.

Yeah, that'll work fine. It's like what we use. It'll catch minners and crawdads.

It will also catch water moccasins and copperheads trying to eat the minners too, so be careful when you pull the trap out of the water. I usually tie the trap to paracord or small rope so I can cast it and pull it in without going swimming or wading and if a storm comes, it won't wash the trap away.

If you use some sandwich bread and tear it up into pieces to put in the trap, that'll be plenty good enough for bait.

I opted for this one with the bigger holes because I have seen some big dads in a couple places and I know they can't get into the minnow trap with the 1" holes. I don't know if they can get into the one with the bigger holes either so I got one that looks like a net type turtle trap that I know they can get in. Now I just have to throw away the game fish I catch in it. Iowa says no fish from the trap w/o a commercial license. I may have to go back to the old string on the toe method. Tie a church key on the other end of the string and toss it out. Then when I need another man bait, I pull the church key in, grab a beer and open it. Then toss out the church key again.

I remember catching crawdads in the creek behind our house as a kid. Seems like they were all over the place. We just raised rocks and grabbed em. Of course we were doing it for fun, not food.

It never dawned on me to try. Now my reflexes are so slow I will have to grab for the first one so I can catch the last one...know what I mean? That's why I got traps.

I remember catching crawdads in the creek behind our house as a kid. Seems like they were all over the place. We just raised rocks and grabbed em. Of course we were doing it for fun, not food.

Good memories meanstreak.

They can be hard to catch.

And the really big old ones, were generally green or blue'ish color and over 5 inches long. They were like midget lobsters. Most were about an inch and a half or 2 inches long though. But I have seen some really big ones too.

Back