• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

My wife doesn't want to hear about me buying a houseboat. I need to make her watch more Midwest news. It isn't flooding where I live, high on the edge of the plain, but we are also having record rainfalls.

But if it floods, and then the fault line ruptures, wouldn't that create a huge waterfall that would suck your houseboat into the center of the earth? I think Jules Verne wrote a documentary on that once. You might want to rent that movie to watch before making up your mind. :popcorn:

Believe it or not eastern Oklahoma is hilly. A total disaster can occur and a mile away you'd never know it, well you would know, it just would't get to you. I live 3 miles from the Arkansas, but it is downhill all the way. I would imagine I am 30 feet above the river. God help us if it gets that high.

Keystone Dam is now releasing 258,000 cfs. Lake inflow is 280,000 cfs. They are releasing 1,929,840 gallons per second. That's a lot of water. Trouble is, 2,094,400 gallons per second are flowing into the lake. 100,000 gallons per second difference.

Just looked at my numbers above. I realized I misread my own numbers. The difference between amount released and amount flowing in is actually 164,560 gallons per second. It's a big lake, but it is already full.

More rain in Kansas today which will start flowing our way.

Good morning MOers. Clear skies and 75. The forecast for the next 5 days looks good for us. Nothing significant as far as rain goes. Hopefully Kansas and Missouri will be dry as well.

Last night at 10 pm the inflow behind the Keystone had increased to 338,000 cfs and the outflow was still right at 258,000. The inflow is expected to drop some today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I thought, according to the forecast last night our chances of rain were slim. Now I look at the radar and see a line of thunderstorms heading our way. It of course extends into Kansas as well.

Drats...

I am seeing the forecast changing every day, sometimes as often as every 12 hours...but that may be how long my weather program takes to update. Whatever...it is changing a lot more than usual.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Good to see you guys posting this morning.

Well it looks like the weather here is going to be gloomy for the foreseeable future but no real rain is predicted so I think we are going to continue with our re-roofing on Monday.

I've been spending all my time in the office rearranging my aquariums. I bought a couple little fives for my bettas and I retired a 16 gal and a 10 gal that were here.

Before
20190516_205439_resized.jpg

After

20190523_205731_resized.jpg

So glad all are well, Elbert , mean, any all in Midwest storm zone. Ive spent couple day on phone every few hours and night before up most of night in prayer and contact with my Brothers and Sisters in Ok, they are in and around Miami Ok, and Cherokee cnty Kansas. Have had a rough run and lots of flooding. My one closest army bro is a deputy sheriff and had sent stunning video. So sorry for all effected. Y'all stay strong stay safe.
PS I did bring the M1028 truck home , ive named her Ursula will detail in a thread later, simply 100% pure Beast, maybe one of the toughest pickup trucks ever built.0523191357_20190524221835100_20190524221942333.jpg

I can't say that I don't blame either of you. You can always find another one.

Those really are good trucks. I bet it'll last you at least another 15 years with barely more than oil and brake changes and a battery.

Good morning from soggy Oklahoma. Sunshine at the present time, 68 degrees. More rain last night for a while. Hopefully that will be the last for a couple of days. Hopefully things will stabilize soon and then start receding.

We have a graduation party for the my girlfriends grand daughter. She graduated from college last week. We will be two conservatives on a small island in the liberal swamp. Well, for a couple of hours, then we go home.

The rest of yous have a great day and be safe.

There's no place like home. ;)

Congratulations to your girlfriends granddaughter.

Good Morning MO's.

Have magnet will travel, not my first rodeo. Uncle Sam dont do alot of bondo, if its broke fix it if it's not paint it. Is the maintenace thing I believe they use
Had 24000 army miles at drmo sale, its sitting at woping 28845 now, runs like a dream sweet diesel,pitter patter.

That's very nice for such an old one. I'm more from the IH era so I don't know much about those trucks. The body probably lasts longer without all the Silverado trim bits. I never bought one of those because the typical engines all come from Mexico, unless you get a rusty one from the East.

Who makes the engine for the diesel?

Back