• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

@John A.
I bought a brand new 6' steel rule as a guide, but I'm not 100% steady with the new saw. It was within 0.025" in 6 feet, but also had slight random scars. When I gave up it was flat within 0.005". I used feeler gages under the steel rule to test it.

I didn't try to sand down 0.025" plus scars. I first shaved the board with a bare saw blade, by hand, to level the high spots, then hit it with #36 paper. I had some #24, but that is just insane.

Once it was flat enough I did all the routing, then hit it around the edges with #100.

I'm ready now to go glue it all up, except for the trim.

BTW, I went to buy bait and ammo today and one store was picked clean. Another hadn't been approved yet.
I didn't want to drive around so I decided I didn't need it quite yet.

No problem yet with bait. Yet. . . .

My aquarium stand is all glued up and screwed together and rubbed down with another coat of polyurethane.

At least the structural part. I put some polyurethane on the oak trim boards to seal them but I have not sawn them or routed them or sanded them yet

Mornin fellas.

Happy Independence from the red coats!!!

and enjoy the day.

I don't use the luan, but that's the jist of what I was getting at.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

My typing fingers are sore this AM. The arthritis in my hands is getting worse, and it's easy to overdo things.

This morning I put up my flag, and I'm gonna fire up the smoker right now and do up a tritip and sausages.

Today, is a great day in America. Not everyone believes in it, but that changes nothing.

Today, we celebrate the beginning of our success. Not everyone succeeded, but the nation has become #1 in virtually everything going.

Today, our POTUS will be the proudest man in the world, regardless of the mass hate people generate at him. May the Lord make him deserving.

Today, explosions across the country will echo the shot heard around the world.

Today, we recognize those who laid the foundations of what we have built to this day.

Today is America's Day, and the rest of the world will know, even clear across the globe, that on this day they exist in our shadow.

Have a great one folks. :)

Well there were a lot of fireworks but we had no problems on the 4th of July. I think the dogs are even starting to get used to it a little.

Mostly they hid out with me in the office. It's pretty much the quietest room in the house, (except for the five aquariums.)

I got some more Oak for my fish tank stand and got the boards cut to size last night. Today I will rout them and glue them on, and then there's just a little finishing work and I can install it.

I was hoping to have fish in it tomorrow because all the granddaughters are coming over for a birthday party but they will just have to wait. I'm getting to the age where I refuse to rush things.

The only deadline I have hanging over my head is that final line and I am not going to rush myself along the way.

Of course my wife still wants her garage space back, but when the weather is warm and sunny she's not too insistent.

It's going to be 98 here today and I'm going to enjoy the warm sunny weather. You all enjoy the day too.

BTW Rip, I still have not tried the Diablo saw blades and I was going to buy one when I saw this two for one deal.
Screenshot_20190705-092517.jpg

I got two 10in blades for $20 at Lowes. When Orchard Supply Hardware closed up Lowes got our Craftsman tool franchise

Anyhow I used the 60 tooth blade for all the cuts on the table saw, and it went quite well.

OSH....I used to love that place. Like a really big ace hardware.

BTW Rip, I still have not tried the Diablo saw blades and I was going to buy one when I saw this two for one deal.
View attachment 21131

I got two 10in blades for $20 at Lowes. When Orchard Supply Hardware closed up Lowes got our Craftsman tool franchise

Anyhow I used the 60 tooth blade for all the cuts on the table saw, and it went quite well.

That's not bad. Did the irwin get trashed?

Today I'm having all the grandkids over for a birthday party. I did a tri-tip and shish kabobs on the smoker.

@ripjack13
The Irwin is okay but it's got some miles on it and I spent a lot of money for this wood.

Good morning fellas. Hope you all had a good holiday. I had had a decent time, got to ride the old Concours three times, about 50 miles each time. Not far ,but it was good to get out a bit.

We'll be heading back Wednesday as my youngest and his family are driving down from Omaha for a few days. I think they'll get in about 10 or 11 pm, then stay till midday Sunday.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Hmmm...."last coat" was a euphemism. I'm still scuffing and varnishing.

Good morning mossberg Owners!

I had to delete a post, because I was feeling some old fashioned spitefulness today.

The honourable (and chronically youthful) leftist opposition has revealed in the news, that their dream is to drive our POTUS into terminal meltdown. This is how they will capture the government.

I feel incensed, as an old man, and he is 10 years older than I.
This is elder abuse. Absolutely reprehensible. They claim he is mentally retarded and then they want to inflict insanity on the disabled?

It is also sedition. As in The alien and sedition act.
It's not legal to subvert the government, as a whole, then just claim it was only about the non-crime of abusing a pariah.

You'd think they would have figured out by now how tough Trump is. He toys with them on twitter then goes about the business of being president.

Good morning everyone. Clear and 80 at 9am. It's going to be a warm week. I reckon by this time next week folks around here will be praying for rain. I will probably be one of them.

I hope yous all have a great day.

Back