• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

GOOD morning M'bergers!

How good is it? Well the temp now is 65F heading for about 57. An early departure on the motorcycle for a 100 mile loop and I should be back while the temp is still in the 70s. Big relief after week of 90s. :rolleye:

Good morning mossberg owners.
Well the new tank is finally running.
Only took 6-1/2 months . . .
125a.jpg
Still need better lids for the sump and patio tank.
Also another awning for it.
The plumbing was a challenge but it worked out, and it runs quiet indoors.
125b.jpg
I have one minor drip to fix on the feed pipe.

Almost full, circulating over 500 GPH, and unbelievably silent with the drains adjusted right, & the lids on.
125c.jpg
First rule of aquarium photography: wear black, and no cargo shorts!

Drill a hole in your house, stick a 1" pipe through the wall, and start pumping in 500 gals an hour . . .
I was pretty nervous through the whole thing.
125d.jpg

Keeping the plumbing outdoors was a very good move. The tank ran all night and with only one tiny drip, on the feed pipe, outdoors. I botched the very last glue joint by being too slow. The rest was bone dry.

A late good morning ya'll. Very pleasant day at the lake. Blue skies, calm air, and 85 degrees with low humidity.

My oldest son and his family arrived at 2 on yesterday. They have been out and about checking things out. Now they are at the marina pool for a dip.

Hope you all are having a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
It has been 6-1/2 months since I drew the first sketch for the 125 gal aquarium setup with outdoor sump, and it has evolved to include a 55g outdoors, and in other ways. There have been fish in the patio tank, with the 30 sump going, for 5 weeks now.

But today fish will go in the 125 . . . finally!

6-1/2 months isn't forever, but that's what it took, and today officially marks the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end. I still do not have a lamp or a hood, or the planter that will go on top.

But it will have fish, and fish who are dying for more real estate.
Everyone will be happy after the sand settles.

The stress isn't over yet, for me or the fish I'll move, but we're all gonna be better in the end.

Happy days folks!

Good morning from Grand Lake of the Cherokees. Another beauty of a day. Clear skies and mid 70s. No wind or clouds. I'm fixing to go for a ride.

Cadd, that turned out to be quite the project. A job well done. You have lucky fish for sure.

Scoop, these nice mornings are made for riding. Glad you are getting a break from the high temps as well.

Everyone have a great day and be safe.

Good late morning. I took out both nets and some rods and headed for my old fishin spot to try everything out. But as luck would have it, when I got near there I found out that what they say about certain places is true...ya can't get there from here. For some reason my old fishin spot seems to have disappeared. I got as far as a locked city gate, so I know the park is still a city owned property. I think it is locked off because the city may be still doing cleanup after the flood. I will try again later. I know some people at the city so I may be able to find out if that area is going to be available this year. I wanted to go there because it is a slow spot in the current, has a nearly never used boatramp that is always clean and clear of snags and also up or downriver for a hundred yards, it is a good fishin spot.

By the time found how to access it, (the roads I remembered are closed off, a residential neighborhood has sprung up and it is all private property on both ends of the stretch where I fish.) I was low on gas. It took an hour for me drive down the 30 miles, then wander 45 minutes driving around to find the access. I finally found the gate and was disappointed to see the no access signs. By the time I got out of there I was almost out of gas in IL, and noticed their gas is 30+ cents a gallon higher than home and all the other places I wanted to go were farther down the road. I was short on cash and said heck with it and started back to the land of milk and cheaper gas. I got back to Dewitt and bought my gas and decided I needed a nap.

I was only a half mile from home so I came home and took a nap. Altogether I wasted 10 bucks worth of gas and about 3 hours. It was getting hot and I needed to get out of the sun. My legs are better but not good. If anything was gained, I got some walking in and I managed to lug some stuff to the car for tomorrow. All I need now for tomorrow is more chicken liver for the spot I will wander off to next. 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

Last edited:

It's an Hindu news site. Don't panic.
The video is worth it.

Nobody has ever done this except the USA.
That won't be true long.

Don't be surprised if the first mars mission is more like a wagon train than a lone spaceship.

You can tow more than you can push. Less structure.

Good morning. Clear and 66 this morning and no wind. Low humidity to boot. What a beauty.

My son and family will be leaving about noon to head back to Omaha. It's been a very nice visit.

Have a great day and be safe.

Hot as hell here.. 35 C in shadow ( aprox 95 F )

Towns garbage dump / recycling area catched fire today...
Emergency service announced that citizens should stay at home and close windows..
Fire cheif says it will take days to put the fire out..
First and last picture is mine, the rest is from the local newspaper..

20190726_131657b.jpg

b1.jpg

Capture.JPG

imengine.nv.infomaker.io.jpg

imengine.nv.infomaker.io2.jpg

imengine.nv.infomaker.io3.jpg

I could not get closer than this...

20190726_134107_hd.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Frijoles Fellmann! 95 in Sweeden?

It's been in the 100'S here but it happens every year here.

We have a dump not 3 miles from our rifle range. When the wind is from the south, it's quite unpleasant.
"Too windy!" people say, and people start packing up early, when it's only 5 MPH.

But it's a stinky swirling tailwind then, and tricky to shoot in or breathe. I haven't been in months, and I need to go pay my membership.

If you folks saw my fish pix above, you will know that this long project is finally accomplished. When those fish went in the 125 gal tank, my stress level dropped by at least 500%. It meant everything was working fine with no leaks, and I would get to pause before moving to the next big thing.

In the meantime I have some small and more agreeable chores to manage, including shopping for a new riflescope, going to the movies, and firing up the smoker.

I'm also going to move the African Mooneyfish to the vacant 55gal, and retire their setup.

Easy stuff, and more fun than plumbing and roofing. Also a little trip to the beach might be fun. ;)

It's gonna top out about 111F this summer, and it'll happen this week.
You all stay cool out there!

Last edited:
Good morning all. Day 5 of our cool down. Temps in the 60s at night , highs upper 80s and low humidity during the day. That will change in the next couple of days and back to normal we go.

My oldest son and family went home yesterday. It was a nice visit. I'll see them again week after next when I go to Omaha.

I think I'll take a short ride this morning while it's relatively cool out.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Yep.. its a crazy world.. it snows in Egypt and tropical heat in northern Sweden :D
Sure, it can get hot in the summer, but not like this, and for a longer period.
Toxic smoke forces shops to close and people stay at home... Apocalyptic silence sometimes in some areas.. nobody moves

smoke.jpg

I moved 4 tanks around today, and set up the new brackish tank.
The Mono Sebae, mollies and guppies are now in a 55, and are happy as a clam.
55.jpg
It's pretty cloudy because I moved all their old gravel, rocks, etc, over from the 30g tank.
I made a real effort to make this rig run quietly, and it's pretty much so.

I did a lot of work on the plumbing and the sump too, and I am toast.
I'm in serious need of a day off, and tomorrow is Sunday.

Good morning all. Clear again and 70. The temps are inching back towards normal for this time of year.

Fellman, those pictures are amazing. How is the fire coming along ? I suppose there's not a lot can be done, at least not quickly.

Well, you all have a great day.

Morning all, on the way to meet my old dear aunt from Peoria way to pickup my stack of family pictures and then off to the Rock River, or maybe the Mississippi neat Fulton IL to catch carp for canning and cutbait for catfish,, eggs if there are any, to give to my aunt while she is in town, and then whack up the carp and sit on my bucket until something bites.

My Dad belonged to a tight knit group of guys who went to Canada every year Lake Trout fishing...and walleye and Northerns. The guy's bought a wooden plaque with a skeleton on it, and the skeleton sat on a stump with a cob web covered fishing pole. All the guys signed it and gave it to dad. The inscription on the plaque said, "Stubborn Cuss." I am just like dad. It just takes me a while to find a comfortable spot. Pics if I catch something.

Back