• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I decided to say my morning howdy tonight because I have a bad head cold and can't sleep anyway. I will probably go to sleep about 6 am and that is my usual git up time. I am blowin my nose every couple minutes and my nose feels like I used some 300 grit wet n dry on it. I tried to lay down but then I plugged up, sneezed 4-5 times and went to blowin and goin again. I want my mama.

Good morning all and I hope you have the day off, since it is a lovely Saturday here.
I now have 5 grandkids over the age of 16. This is amazing, and there are 2 more now 12.

My daughters are both teachers, so I expect this to be a popular idea. The oldest one is studying to teach math.

Today my dishwasher is acting up, and I'll probably have to fix or replace the computer.
Might just be the heating element, but I've never had one fail in a dishwasher.
Reading the instructions, the computer is on the bottom. Phoo!

The weather here has been very nice and I expect a short week of cold and rain soon, then Indian Summer until Halloween.

Be prepared. There were pumpkins out at all the stores and they are huge. I'm taking Judy to the county fair and expect to see a pumpkin the size of a Fiat this year.

I decided to say my morning howdy tonight because I have a bad head cold and can't sleep anyway. I will probably go to sleep about 6 am and that is my usual git up time. I am blowin my nose every couple minutes and my nose feels like I used some 300 grit wet n dry on it. I tried to lay down but then I plugged up, sneezed 4-5 times and went to blowin and goin again. I want my mama.

I end up sitting under the shower until my face drains. Or I run out of hot water. Hope it passes quickly Hombre.

I lucked out and will not be spending $800 for a new dishwasher.

There was a toothpick and bits of a broken glass in the float switch, so the computer couldn't tell the water lever has high enough to run the heater, or low enough to run the dryer.

It only took about 30 mins to fix once I knew how. I had to use the wet vac to suck up the water and debris in the bottom of the filter/trap. Otherwise I needed a 1/4" nut driver and a pliers to pick out debris, plus lots of paper towels.

Now it's Miller time.

:cheers:

I lucked out and will not be spending $800 for a new dishwasher.

There was a toothpick and bits of a broken glass in the float switch, so the computer couldn't tell the water lever has high enough to run the heater, or low enough to run the dryer.

It only took about 30 mins to fix once I knew how. I had to use the wet vac to suck up the water and debris in the bottom of the filter/trap. Otherwise I needed a 1/4" nut driver and a pliers to pick out debris, plus lots of paper towels.

Now it's Miller time.

:cheers:

Miller Times is good times. Good job Caddman. You dun good.:yourock:

Morning guys . . . fell out too early this AM . . . *yawn* . . . brain half dead . . . slurp . . . :mornin:

Somebody posted about the new Rambo movie over on the Fish forum. I'm going to avoid it. I've sat thru too many vengeance movies and gruesome revenge plots.
Too much plotting. :doh:

Going back to bed now......:sofa:

Good morning everyone of yous. We are at the lake watching rain fall. Yesterday was very windy, but nice temps. High 70s. Today is supposed to be mid 80s. We'll head home this afternoon.

Here's hoping you all have a great day.

Good morning everyone. Back in Tulsa where the temp is 71 and early morning clouds are giving way to sunshine. We should be mid 80s later this afternoon. It looks like mid to upper 80s for the week.

I've got several projects around the house to get started. I was waiting for the hot weather to end, I think we are finished with the 90s for this year.

A friend of mine runs a rock quarry. I'm heading there this morning to tour the operation. I've never been to a working quarry before. They are supposed to do a blast this morning so that should be interesting.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. I ordered a new flood switch for my dishwasher, as the old one is questionable, and it should be here today.
Easy Peasy.

@ripjack13 What did you do about the aquarium?

We're not seeing much news out here about the eastern tropical storms. Everything's about politics and racism.

Our governor is really waving it around.

It's still getting into the 90's here, but humidity is so low you don't really feel it unless you are in the direct sun.

I've been hanging out in the shade, with the fish, reading up on gun laws and the law in general.

I think I've come up with a plan to insulate our patio aquarium. I've been fussing about the design of this for a long time.
I may finally have a good idea.

I'm going to sketch it all up and maybe go shop for materials.

I bought The Yellow Birds on DVD, and it was pretty strange. About some GI's who go nuts in Iraq.
Not a happy tale at all.

Hey you folks have a happy day if you can. ;)

Good morning all ya scurvy mossy dogs, hope all well. Thought ya may appreciate a picture of my newest conveyance modifications by yours truly added a belt band for pistol and extras and a snug pack with water bottle , basically it needed storage, my son said he wants to zip ties a plate carrier and shotgun scabbatd to the front for me this weekend :thumbsup:View attachment 21707

Did ya get that rack out in the mud yet? I figured you'd be laid up for a bit longer. How's the post-op life going?

Belated good morning wishes to you all. Had to take the car in this morning for a checkup and tire rotation. Ending up replacing the battery as well.

Woke up this morning to lightning , thunder, and rain, about 2 inches of rain. It's all gone now except clouds, and a few clouds help keep the temp down to a right nice place.

Cadd, the dems are really using the race card everywhere. The blacks, Asians, and latinos must be laughing their asses off watching a bunch of white folks calling other white folks racists. Oooops, can't forget the natives either. Bernie was here at a pow wow over the weekend telling them how much he cared and was going to make the rich white men pay their fair share. Of course that does not include him, LOL.

Anyways, gotta get along for now. Have a great day and be safe my friends.

Last edited:
I just got done emptying it. I cleaned everything. I'm waiting till I hear from my fish buddy. Plus this week and possibly next, I'll be taking care of my uncle's house and other things down there. I'm leaving tomorrow. So I won't be on here regularly for a bit...

You need to test the water to decide when and how much to change. What you test depends on where your cycle is, and the recent history.

If a fish dies or is killed I do a change ASAP, as the dead fish pollutes the water like mad.

I've never tested the water. Nor checked the cycle. I had always just changed 1/2 the water every week. And totally changed it out every so often. I never thought that it would hurt them if they had nice clean water weekly.
I'm debating on what kind of fish I'd like to get again. All the fish I've had, were not picked by me. My grandson got fish for a present the first time for a birthday gift from his deadbeat dad. So, of course, I ended up taking care of em. They were at his moms house, but she was not taking care of them.
This time I'll pick.
Maybe a bunch of guppies. :giggle:

Back