• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

If
Good Lord, Sunday is here, and it is a feast today for man and beast alike.

View attachment 21786
That was from the fishing forum.

This is my beast:
View attachment 21787

Dalmation Molly fry.
View attachment 21788

There are about 40 Mollies of various sizes now, and half a dozen of these yellow guppies. There are also silver and blue ones.
View attachment 21789

With the 16 gal full of fry, my office has changed again.
View attachment 21790

View attachment 21791

If I had that much bubblin and gurgling goin on around me I would have to double my dose of bladder relaxin pills so I wouldn't have to run to the toilet every 5 minutes. I have that habit of having to go when I hear water running. Even when it rains...I'm a mess. But the tanks are beautiful. You arranged them nicely.

If I had that much bubblin and gurgling goin on around me I would have to double my dose of bladder relaxin pills so I wouldn't have to run to the toilet every 5 minutes. I have that habit of having to go when I hear water running. Even when it rains...I'm a mess. But the tanks are beautiful. You arranged them nicely.

Thanks Hombre.
I don't have that problem until I stick my hands in the tank of 80F fishwater.

I always wash my hands before I leave the house. That way I will pee before I get in the truck.

GOOD MORNING MOSSBERG OWNERS!

It dropped into the 50's last night with an ocean breeze, and I knew it was coming.

I insulated the patio aquarium with some 3/4" Styrofoam so the heaters wouldn't run all night.
The top covers need more insulating though.
The top is half-open, as I'm still growing vines to reduce ammonia and nitrates.

You can tell when it's working because the fish get healthier and the vines get sick.
Once they are sucking up the pollution fast enough they don't have enough to stay healthy.

As the fish grow and pollute more this will probably reverse, and the plants will improve. Half the fish in that system will double in size, including two plecos who could top out over 18" long.

I have excess filtration now, but that excess capacity won't last.
20190930_075403.jpg

20190930_074149.jpg

It looks to be a beautiful day today and I'm going to go out and try and clean up my junk yard a little more.

Last edited:
I tried to recycle a dishwasher today, but found I'd have to go 40 miles round trip to the crummy side of the next town, and I wasn't prepared to spend the gas.
Instead I went home and took it apart with a screw gun and pliers. I scored $10 worth of screws, a couple little brackets and two springs, but the rest is going in the trash in bits.
I can see why they don't want to recycle them here. Lots of sound deadening is glued to the metal & would be a pita to get off. I'll just split it into bite sized chunks with the electric nibbler.

I tried to recycle a dishwasher today, but found I'd have to go 40 miles round trip to the crummy side of the next town, and I wasn't prepared to spend the gas.
Instead I went home and took it apart with a screw gun and pliers. I scored $10 worth of screws, a couple little brackets and two springs, but the rest is going in the trash in bits.
I can see why they don't want to recycle them here. Lots of sound deadening is glued to the metal & would be a pita to get off. I'll just split it into bite sized chunks with the electric nibbler.

I'm big on nibbling stuff down and sending it off in bits. Old cans of latex paint, in they go one or two at a time. A bedliner out of my Nissan. Old light fixtures.

Good morning MOers. Another day in paradise. Clear skies and 71 with a light breeze. After today we will cool down a bit. More like fall.

It always amazes me when it comes time to recycle things how inefficient our local governments are after so many decades of hearing how important it is. You'd think they would make it work, but they can't seem to get it right.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Morning folks.

Autumn is coming and we hit the mid 40's last night.
But the fish stayed warm.

More cleanup today, and some insulated lids for the aquariums.
I might take the mrs for a matinee.

Ya'll have a nice day.

I'm back. What a shit show this turned into. That side of the family is a bunch of druggy drinking drama dumbasses. There's only one family member who is worth her salt, but we'll see how honest and forthcoming she turns out to be.
I have to go back down in 2 weeks to take care of some paperwork and get the house cleaned out.
I am not looking forward to that.

We wouldn't want to start any contests . . . .

I spent today messing with aquariums. Then I pulled my fridge out, cleaned the coils, and re-leveled it. Once level and square, I was finally able to re-align the doors. There was a 1/8" dip in the floor close to the wall, and I put a plastic shim there, because the rear wheels have no adjustment.

Today was also payday, which meant the fridge was nearly empty, so the perfect time to move the fridge. Then I had to go to the grocery and spend the cash to fill it back up.

This week it's bacon-smoked pork loin, two kinds of dry rub chicken, pastrami, and New York steaks. I'll make a meat loaf and an omelet somewhere in there. I just love being in charge of the groceries. ;)

Last edited:
Good morning...

Just read this in a newspaper... Hope the translation is ok...
Ordered spare part for drill - got sniper rifle

The company JML Scandinavia AB in Malmö had ordered spare parts for a drill - but in the package from Oklahoma there was a 34 kg heavy sniper rifle with a range of 2.5 kilometers, writes Skånska Dagbladet.

- We were shocked and surprised. There was great stir and excitement, says the company's CEO Peter Skoog to the newspaper.

The package was immediately reported to the police, who initially had difficulty believing what they were told.

But it turned out that the weapon was genuine. It was going to a man in Alabama and had probably ended up astray due to carelessness at the carrier.
It was an AR-50

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and 72 with a breeze (light) out of the south.

Rip, good to have you back in the fold. Dealing with family can be frustrating, even daunting at times. The ones the get me are those that never come around unless they think there are freebies to be had.

Cadd, you are going to eat well this week for sure. And, you have your fridge all cleaned out and leveled.

Fellman, that's an interesting story, thanks for posting.

Morning John.

I hope yous all have a great day.

Good morning guys.
I can feel the chill of the seashore blowing in, but the new insulation in the attic and on the insulated aquarium are both doing OK.
I read that Kanye West has moved to Wyoming and now thinks he's the black Jesus. You can book him for a guest show at your own church.
Now it's not nice to ambush people in church. Particularly the mental cases who think they're Jesus.
But when wife Kim walked in to Kanye's sermon/performance, fashionably late and wearing too little for the respectable wife of any good Baptist, several folks walked out.
Kanye's singing probably drove off another dozen.
Yet, after the service, the folks chasing his car out of the parking lot (and possibly out of town) were evidently fans of Kanye and/or Jesus, because no rocks were reported thrown at the departing posse of the blessed.
Have a good day, folks, and beware of profiting prophets, and rapping rinos in Range Rovers.

No, that'll melt off pretty quickly.

We have had very unseasonably temperatures right now.

Normally by this time of the year, we're in the upper 40's or lower 50's at night and low and mild 70's during the day.

This last week, we have had 3 straight days of 70's at night and low 90's during the day :omg:

But tonight, they said the winds will shift away from the south down in the gulf of mexico that's been bringing in all the extra heat and humidity and will get back to normal with mild fall temperatures the rest of the week. My Grandmother always called that Indian Summer.

Back