• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

It's a lovely warm October Tuesday in the Sunny San Joaquin valley.
My new sumps came in today. I took my mrs to the matinee to see Joker, and it was a real tale of insanity.

Then I went for propane, only to find that the local propane truck didn't make it or somebody was BBQing the whole corral because 3 stores in my neighborhood were out.
Anyhow, my pork loin roast is in the oven with some bacon chunks and bottled smoke sauce.

Life is still good. I gotta go cook up a cauliflower and onions with green beans.
Then we're going to watch Sir Tony Robinson set the entire English Monarchy on it's head back to Henry IV.

Time for the Disneyland Monarchy to dwindle away. . .

ALSO, my new aquarium sumps both showed up today. This will be nice, and save me lots of water changes once it all ages in.
But now I have to drain and reassemble things.

Good Morning and it's early . . .

I will install the new sump on my Oscar tank today. It's mostly a matter of draining and refilling.
I will have to shorten one pipe.

I need a big board from Lowes to modify my office aquarium stand, and then I can install the 40g brackish sump.

I had both of these custom built for about $200 each.
20191008_161938.jpg
20191008_161500.jpg

Mornin fellas.
It's a cold rainy day over yonder here.
I'm in my shop sanding a sm-ALL Hawaiian paddle I made from some cut offs of a pistol grip block. It was only a 1/4" thick and 1" wide. , so I couldn't toss it, so I resawed it in half.
Here's what I did so far...
0103191445_HDR.jpg 0106191449_HDR.jpg 0106191449c_HDR.jpg

I have a few coats of poly on em. Right now I'm almost done with em. I hope. Depends on nice they wet sand out.
Cheers.
Stay dry....

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy this morning and 72 with a south breeze. That all going to change tonight though. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be about 55 . Between now and then we have severe thunderstorms in the forecast. I could do without the storms.

I reckon wed will go to the lake this weekend. The temps are typically 4 or 5 degrees cooler than here. I am planning on bringing the bike home for the winter. I'll have to see how the weather goes on Sunday.

I hope you all have a great day.

Cadd, are the rolling brown outs affecting you ?

Not at all. We don't have a big forest around us, but lots of planned and irrigated green trees, and our power lines are underground.

On the coast, folks are living in the wooded hills, but those woods are wild and un-irrigated, and half-filled with dead trees and brush.
Their power systems are older, with wire on wooden poles, going into the dead overgrowth.

The government have made it impossible for the power co to clean things up efficiently and modernize them.
So they've put PG&E in a catch-22 situation. Unable to correct things, but liable for a failure.

So now they will just turn off the power whenever they want, and wealthy people will install more generators and batteries and solar panels.

IF they can charge their Tesla enough to get in to a bank, where the computers are all shutting off.

BTW, I haven't heard of any brownouts. They just shut it off. BLACKOUT!

But sometimes you can get a weak backfeed from crossed circuits, so maybe a brownout was reported.

BTW, Good Morning.

Today is our 30th anniversary.

But we had the honeymoon 13 years before being married, on Oct 10, 1989, so we celebrate that, and the wedding anniversary in March.
If we were smart we could have arranged to be married on Oct 10 to save confusion.
But we actually got married on the occasion we wanted to buy our second house together, so we get two celebrations..

We're going out for dinner tonight, and tomorrow it's the Fresno County Fair.

Once again I expect to see a world class show of produce and livestock. Fresno County was the nations largest ag county again this year.

Some other fair posted up a photo of a 2900 lb pumpkin, so I expect to see one around 3000 lb here.

Thank you Sniffler.

Well it got down to the high forties last night and it looks like I may have to turn up everybody's aquarium heater a notch. They're okay now but when it gets down into the 30s they probably won't be.

The good news is I have at least three more aquarium heaters laying around.

It's still dark out, and I would still be snoozing, but I have some work to do today.

Everybody have a nice Friday and keep your fish warm.

Or cold, depending on whether they're dead yet.

Back