• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

. . . tang sight on a 464 is it sits too close to the tang safety. . .
Did you see these? Can you make anything work? . . .

They have the setup for a Marlin, but it's different from what I expected.
I'll look into this some more before deciding.

My real priority is a better scope for the .308 Ruger, and that will likely come first.

Good morning guys. It's a lovely chill morning here in the SJV.

I took that lead ingot in and out about ten times too get it fitted so it hooks into the frame solidly. Then I bolted up thru the frame from below and made a steel strap to clamp it around the frame, and cinch it into the front bodymount gusset. It took a lot of trimming and effort to mount my counterweight on the truck, but it is really solid.
You don't want something like this to get loose. Imagine a 35lb (net after trimming) lead block loose on the freeway at 70 MPH. :omg:

As for handling, the effect was even better than I'd hoped. :D

I mounted it on the front crossmember, outside the frame rails, and it is as far forward and far right as possible and still remain on the frame.
This means my small weight has a lot of leverage, and I can really tell.

The road manners have improved a lot. I am really happy about this.
The alignment is even pretty close now, and soon I'm going to have it aligned on the rack.

WooHoo! You all have a great day and keep good control of your lead. ;)

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
It's calm, dry, and 50F here on the windward side of the Sierra Nevada.
I should have gone fishing this AM. My Mrs bailed on me to attend some craft show.

Yesterday I finalized the mounting of my lead weight, and set up my new sump for the brackish fish.

sump40.jpg
It holds 42 gallons, but this would be considered a 45 gal, because the industry quotes gallonage by the outside dimensions.
It replaces a 20 gal. which actually only holds almost 18 gallons, and I did not run over half full, so about 9 gals of sumpwater.
Now I will be able to run nearly 30, once the system is tuned.

My buddy is pressing me to make some shotgun slugs for him, and I might go out back and set up to cast some lead.
I have to load the truck first and go to the dump.

It costs minimum $65 to dump, and they don't accept many things like tires, shingles, etc. This promotes a lot of illegal dumping.
I think the dump should be free, but fines for illegal dumping should be high, and include some chain-gang time picking up trash on the highways.

Think before you dump guys!

Good morning. We are at "the lake". It's a beauty of a day. 70 with scattered clouds and just a slight breeze. Not much going on for now. Maybe things will pick up later.

You all have a great day.

Meanie, you must mean the Grand Lake of the Cherokee?

I spent most of today diddling around with my tropical fish and entertaining a friend.

He seems to be getting a lot more difficult to get along with as he ages.

It makes me wonder what's happening to me (in my old age) that I don't see.

:mornin:

Good Sunday morning mossy bergerites. I have the grand kiddo this mornin. So there's always something to do.
I just got back from MD bringing the truck and trailer back. It was a long drive, round trip. My brother is a horrible driver. He's one of those tailgater type drivers. But yet he'll complain when someone does it to him...lol

Enjoy the day....

Good morning everyone.

Cadd, that would be the lake I am talking about. It's a beautiful weekend here . We'll be driving back to Tulsa this afternoon.

Anyone heard anything from DJ lately ? I noticed he has not posted anything for a while, or maybe I missed it.

Rip, enjoy the day with the grand kid. They grow up so quickly.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning, with some Sunday fish pix.

Dalmatian Mollies in the morning. There's also one guppy that snuck into my net as well.
42a.jpg
I have 4 different broods. The youngest brood plus the young guppies are still in the 16g tank, but will move as they grow larger.
There is a floss basket and a media basket below the drains, and the 1000gph pump sits in the near basket, with heaters and more media.
I made a large fine screen filter to keep fry out of the pump.
42b.jpg

I expect another brood within days, as the giant female is currently fat as can be.
She's in the tank above, and any fry not consumed there will wash down the pipe and into this sump.

Good Monday morning everyone. It's sunny and cool this morning. 52 actually with no wind to speak of. Last night we had a cold front roll through and brought thunderstorms with it. I think we received about 2 inches of rain in two hours. I'm pretty sure it was this same system that produced the tornado in Dallas last night.

Now we should have very nice weather for a couple of days with highs in the 60s today, then 70s for a couple of days.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Cool and dry this AM with no signs of rain to come yet.
I can't believe our leftwing newspaper actually published a big editorial saying that as bad as Trump might be, the Democrat lineup is all much worse.
They didn't defend a single one of the contenders.

I think this is just a feint, and distraction, and the Dems will pull an unknown black rabbit out of their hat at the last minute.
Dems will vote for them out of the relief that they don't have to chose from the current pack of mutts.

Happy Monday, and beware of false flags.

I think this is just a feint, and distraction, and the Dems will pull an unknown black rabbit out of their hat at the last minute.
Dems will vote for them out of the relief that they don't have to chose from the current pack of mutts.

Happy Monday, and beware of false flags.

This Black Rabbit?

former-first-lady-michelle-obama-is-interviewed-at-the-25th-news-photo-1160508700-1562785344.jpg

Good morning all. Crisp (46) and clear this morning. Oh I miss the 70 degree mornings already, lol. It's gonna be a fine day today with a high of about 68.

I am going to take the motorcycle over to a friends house today and park it there for the winter. He has a spare garage and extra room. It's c;lose enough that if I get an urge to go for a ride I can be there in 10 minutes. We do have mild enough winters here that one is able to ride fairly often even in January and February.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Back