• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

@fellmann I don't think you can buy a new Glock in California. Well, there might still be one model on the roster.

I've been working on my split forestock for the 500 shotgun, and I've got it well glued and re-finished, but I want to fiberglass the inside.

I have the epoxy but cannot find my glass cloth.
I gotta go tear thru the garage or buy more.
If you was my neighbour you could pick up some fiberglass.. i got som extra. Hope to see the finished stuff.

As an European, for me it feels like California is not a part of the US anymore regarding guns ?
Maybe thats why glockstore is building a new store in Nashville ? https://www.glockstore.com

California has its own list of gun laws and they are not the same as any other state.

But some things vary from County to County and I live in one of those places where the laws are more favorable to gun owners.

If I lived in San Francisco or Sacramento things would be much different for me. The same stuff would be available but it would be more expensive and more trouble to buy. The difficulty of getting a CCW permit here is not great however in those cities that is virtually impossible to get one.

Well I just checked the roster and you can still buy several models of Glock in California so I guess they decided to pay for the necessary tests. One reason you may not be able to buy a certain handgun in California is that the company manufacturing it never paid for the California certification tests. They are expensive and they are required by law to make the gun legal to sell here.

This is from the California Department of Justice:

As of January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

So it is generally okay to buy and sell used ones within the state, regardless of whether they are on the roster.

There are lots of other rules for semi-automatic rifles which other states do not have.

Good morning fellas. 42 and cloudy this morning. It seems our nice weather only lasted two days. We are supposed to have more rain this week, but hopefully not quite as much as last. Too bad some of this doesn't fall where it's needed, like California.

Cadd, are any of those fires getting close to you ? What a mess those folks have.

Well, it's time to get along for now. You all have a great day and stay safe.

@meanstreak
No, we're still fine here in our pocket of the east SJV, but it's people in the hills and woods who have big troubles.
Those Legendary Hollywood Hills are on fire, as is the Wine country north of Frisco.
This is a big deal, and so far we are well on the outskirts of everything bad.

California is going begging to Trump very soon, for the cash to rebuild and house the newly homeless.

I wonder what he will say?

("Homeless Californians? . . . I LOVE the homeless Californians!")

@meanstreak
No, we're still fine here in our pocket of the east SJV, but it's people in the hills and woods who have big troubles.
Those Legendary Hollywood Hills are on fire, as is the Wine country north of Frisco.
This is a big deal, and so far we are well on the outskirts of everything bad.

California is going begging to Trump very soon, for the cash to rebuild and house the newly homeless.

I wonder what he will say?

("Homeless Californians? . . . I LOVE the homeless Californians!")

Glad to hear you are safe Cadd. At least the crops (other than grapes) are safe for now. These new homeless are much better off financially than the run of the mill types. It would definitely suck to have your home go up in flames along with your keepsakes.

I did get to take it apart and clean it though and this was a very dirty gun inside. There is not much rust and it doesn't look like it's been a part more than one time.

It doesn't appear like it's had a lot of rounds through it but it does appear to have not been well-loved.
20191030_151138.jpg

Glad to hear you are safe Cadd. At least the crops (other than grapes) are safe for now. These new homeless are much better off financially than the run of the mill types. It would definitely suck to have your home go up in flames along with your keepsakes.

It would be the absolute worst. Plus I have trees I've been growing 18 years and there are older ones. I can build a new house in a year. I can't build new trees.

I went to visit a friend in the hospital and his roomie was an 80+ year old man who lost his house in the Paradise fire many months ago.
Then he falls yesterday in the senior's home and breaks his hip.

As my Irish grandpa would pray, "May the saints preserve us!"

We actually had a bumper crop of raisin grapes, table grapes, and wine grapes this year.
But next year many of the ritzy coastal wineries will be out of business. Who knows if the Humbolt forest will be hit hard?

I got the minor issues worked out on the new/used gun. It took several hours, as I've never done a Ruger with a transfer bar.

Residue on all the action bits was making it balky, from not being cleaned well over it's 39 years.
It's missing a steel dowel on the grips, and there's a slight irregularity in the steel handle shaping that was affecting the fit.

I also found a steel chip, in a hole, under the cyl lock spring/detent, that was wedged in the hole. It appeared to be a chip from the factory machining or tapping.
It has possibly been in there since 1981 & went unnoticed. It was making the cylinder lock slightly too tight.

She's pretty slick now. Still want to touch up the blueing.

We've got rain here again today. 90% with a high of 68*. After 10 pm tonight we have a rain/snow mix. Temps dropping to 28* overnight and 15-20 mph winds gusting to 30+ mph. 40* temp drop in less than 12 hours.

:sofa:

Mornin all. We got about 2-3 inches of the white stuff overnight. It is the heavy snowball grade stuff, which makes for great halloween bag stuffers. Wrap one in cellophane and it looks like a popcorn ball. The yellow ones are even more realistic.:jester:

Good morning you all.

The temperature has definitely dropped here in Clovis, but only about 10 degrees from yesterday morning.

We had some huge Warm Winds that made it very comfortable here and very uncomfortable for those people on the coast whose Mansions are burning away in Hollywood & Simi Valley.

Fortunately rich people all have insurance, and they will rebuild and that will boost the construction industry.

But there are a lot of poor people caught in between and they are going to suffer from this enormously.

Back