• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Well, had a great ride. Met some other couples and shared some twisties together.

Two-Dogs-Riding-Motorcycles.jpg

Dogs-On-Motorcycles.jpg

Mine usually falls on the bench and I have a carpet there. But if you shoot it and it sits around without being reloaded it tends to get dingy.

Now pistol ammo just goes everywhere if I'm shooting the automatics. I got a boatload of freaking empty pistol ammo to reload but I'm mostly concerned about .308 and .45-70 which are in very short supply in my cabinet. I also have a boatload of .30-30s to do. This is my chance to come up with a successful .30-30 load as so far I have been a failure.

I also discovered yet another 150 shells of .223. This was my last go around and there were 10 hot loads where I cratered primers and cracked the cases. The rest all look loadable.

I'm going to try and get reliable performance in the Savage with some Milder pressures.

As for the Ruger, I still have not bought an appropriate rifle scope for it. I'm going to go buy some dies today and maybe I'll see something that catches my eye.

I have some bad 3030s to un button and dump, uncap and start over. I think I had about 25 reloads I contaminated somehow, or got ahold of some either used primers or pistol primers and had some misfires. I may as well re do the 10 remaining ones to be sure. When I was in TX I found some squibs in my 45 acp loads. I sweated into them somehow. Some fired and some didnt. I had to redo about 20 of those. I started reloading back in about 71 or 72. Then i laid off until 1989 and have been at it ever since. Even old timers make booboos if they get tired or if they sweat. I have about 1000 223's to do and a couple hundred 3030s. I have so many 45s and 9mms loaded I doubt I will have to load again. I almost never shoot pistols anymore. But, we shall see.

Not a good morning :(

What a lousy forum GLOCKTALK is ! Link: https://www.glocktalk.com/

I have tried to signup and get activated twice there now ! First time i signed up and waited TWO WEEKS ! to get activated - nothing happened. I used contact form twice to ask what is happening. Today the pre acc got deleted !? Signed up again a moment ago and instantly used the contact form to write a bit longer and say if it is a IP problem that i am in Sweden. It just took two mins and my pre acc was deleted ! What the hell..?!

Last edited:
Not a good morning :(

What a lousy forum GLOCKTALK is ! Link: https://www.glocktalk.com/

I have tried to signup and get activated twice there now ! First time i signed up and waited TWO WEEKS ! to get activated - nothing happened. I used contact form twice to ask what is happening. Today the pre acc got deleted !? Signed up again a moment ago and instantly used the contact form to write a bit longer and say if it is a IP problem that i am in Sweden. It just took two mins and my pre acc was deleted ! What the hell..?!

Lol. Eric banned me from there and the BoreSite all at once. Some sort of tantrum. This was after he sold out to the Canadians. I'm still in touch with many of my friends from there and things are strange. Your complaint is common. Many have tried to join to never get a reply.

Good luck though! There are a lot of good people there and some good info, and not just on Glocks.

dingey brass doesn't hurt anything cadd. I have some brass that I've picked up that's been laying there a long time that has turned decidedly almost black.

fellmen, the US has been dealing with a lot of spammers lately. The admins' probably just think you're another spammer since you are located outside of the US.

From what I have seen with glocktalk, you're probably better off here anyway.

Is there something in the English vocabulary thats called "tennis elbow" ? lol
Well, i got it now.. Im also almost out of ammo and a cold on top of that :( Just misery on all fronts right now. hahah

View attachment 22170

If you have tennis elbow, why do you have a wrist band on, such as one for carpal tunnel? Isn't tennis elbow also called bursitis? Whatever...hope you get that taken care of. It is painful

well.. i think the English name is tendon ? Look at my paint artwork below :)

The green is a tendon.. where its attached at the elbow.. i have bumped into it hard sometime ( at red circle ), i cant remember when. I use this "wrist band" when i want to rest the tendon ( usually when i go to bed / sleep ) because sometimes when i bend my wrist, the tendon get stretched and it hurts ( at red circle )

The doc has said it could take up to six months

tennis.jpg

well.. i think the English name is tendon ? Look at my paint artwork below :)

The green is a tendon.. where its attached at the elbow.. i have bumped into it hard sometime ( at red circle ), i cant remember when. I use this "wrist band" when i want to rest the tendon ( usually when i go to bed / sleep ) because sometimes when i bend my wrist, the tendon get stretched and it hurts ( at red circle )

The doc has said it could take up to six months

View attachment 22171
Makes sense, tendonitis. I have the dreaded CRAFT disease. Cant Remember A F----n Thing.

Yeah, C.R.A.F.T is the acute version of C.R.S. (Can't Remember Shit).
Speaking of acute...A man and woman dated a few years and finally decided to get married. They were anxious and agitated to a frenzy because they had both waited until marriage to have sex. On their wedding night, as they sat on the edge of the bed in the various stages of undress, the bride said to her new hubby, Honey, i have something to tell you. He asked, what is it? She said, I have acute angina. He replied, I sure hope so cause you got some really ugly tits.

Good morning Leadslingers.

@fellmann
Tendonitis is no fun. It's what keeps me out of any real athletics. I screwed up the right Achilles about 7 years ago, and it's never been 100% since and never will.

It's another nice day in the SJV: calm with light overcast and today's high in the 70's. Nights are getting colder and last night I BBQd a nice tri-tip and I made a better insulated cover for my outdoor aquarium sump.

I also prepped about 300 .45 ACPs and I've primed the first 50 test rounds and will finish them today.
I don't have a good formula for the 185gn copper plated lead bluntnose .45s with any of the powder on hand.
I have to find a formula with HS-6, Trail Boss, or Clays; or go buy more pistol powder today.

Or experiment by interpolating values from the 185 lead RN and 185 JSWC charts.
Ehhhhh….I'm just too leery. Rather go buy more powder.

I have books from Lee, Speer, Hornaday, Hodgdon and Lyman, and none of them have a chart for my projectile that uses any of the powders I own.

Good morning Leadslingers.

@fellmann
Tendonitis is no fun. It's what keeps me out of any real athletics. I screwed up the right Achilles about 7 years ago, and it's never been 100% since and never will.

It's another nice day in the SJV: calm with light overcast and today's high in the 70's. Nights are getting colder and last night I BBQd a nice tri-tip and I made a better insulated cover for my outdoor aquarium sump.

I also prepped about 300 .45 ACPs and I've primed the first 50 test rounds and will finish them today.
I don't have a good formula for the 185gn copper plated lead bluntnose .45s with any of the powder on hand.
I have to find a formula with HS-6, Trail Boss, or Clays; or go buy more pistol powder today.

Or experiment by interpolating values from the 185 lead RN and 185 JSWC charts.
Ehhhhh….I'm just too leery. Rather go buy more powder.

I have books from Lee, Speer, Hornaday, Hodgdon and Lyman, and none of them have a chart for my projectile that uses any of the powders I own.

***Trail Boss: It is a low pressure powder and so safe, you can predetermine where the base of your bullet will be inside the case and just dip in powder to that point, then just seat the bullet on top. But as mentioned, do not compress it much, if at all.

Trail Boss is a very low pressure powder. It is finicky if put under compression and can skyrocket the pressure if it is compressed. In case you haven't seen this, if you dig for it you will find data for H4895 and Trail Boss Low pressure loads. I don't know of any other place to get that data.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-education/tips-and-tricks/low-recoil-loads

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

...and just in case you can't find the Trail Boss and h4895 page without digging...here is what it says:

Low Recoil Loads
One great advantage of handloading is adjusting the ballistics to suite a particular need. Wish you could enjoy that .375 H&H at the range for 50 shots instead of 2 or 3 before the recoil takes its toll? Or how about some extended practice on a plate rack with your “grizzly bear stopper” revolver? The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center has an option to do just this.

Unfortunately, creating a low recoil load is not as simple as just dropping the powder charge. For most cartridge / powder combinations, getting the powder charge low will cause ignition and ballistic problems. Low velocity, low recoil loading is possible, but as always, only with the correct reload data.

Hodgdon has three separate tabs under the DATA menu of the website’s main page to help in low recoil loading.

• The first is titled “H4895 Reduced Rifle Loads.” H4895 has proven to be a versatile powder that performs superbly at lower powder charges. Loads in this listing are reduced from full power but still offer mid-range performance.
  • If the goal is minimum recoil, the answer is Hodgdon Trail Boss powder. The second tab under the website DATA menu is titled “Trail Boss Reduced Loads.” Trail Boss can be applied to any cartridge you may want to reload. Trail Boss reloads are very mild and easy to shoot. Designed for Cowboy Action Shooting, Trail Boss has proven to be a great way to get more practice with your big bore hunting rifle.
  • Not to leave shotgun shooters out, the third tab under the website’s DATA menu is titled “Reduced Recoil Shotgun Loads.” These loads give enough velocity to break a thrown clay target but take a big bite out of the recoil. Ideal for training, particularly for women and youth shooters, where even a light standard target load can wallop the shoulder hard.

Last edited:
Thanks Hombre.
I have not loaded any Trail Boss loads yet. I actually bought that for making .357's

I did block of 185gn .45 auto test loads with Clays powder at 3.8, 3.9 & 4.0 grns, and we will see if they are strong enough to run the action tomorrow.

I may have some ignition problems because these charges only fill the case a little over halfway.

Thanks Hombre.
I have not loaded any Trail Boss loads yet. I actually bought that for making .357's

I did block of 185gn .45 auto test loads with Clays powder at 3.8, 3.9 & 4.0 grns, and we will see if they are strong enough to run the action tomorrow.

I may have some ignition problems because these charges only fill the case a little over halfway.

Put a little cotton or tissue on top of the powder before you seat a bullet. That is like the wadding over a round ball load in a black powder pistol. If you already have some loaded, just rock the gun pointing up and slowly lower it to shooting position easily. That will make sure you have powder on the firehole. If you wad the powder even a little it may increase pressure enough to endure a good burn but the tissue won't cause an over pressure problem. Just use a small tamper and tamp lightly. You may also like the felt wads used in the ML revolvers. Just make sure they are not lubed. I would send you some but mine are lubed.

*** Trail Boss is so safe to use, you can load any ammo with it. It is safe to predetermine where the base of the bullet will be in the case and dip Trail Boss in, up to that level. Seat the bullet just on top of the powder. It is still a low pressure load as long as you do not compress it. Ignition will not suffer. It is super bulky and ignites easily. Hodgdon advises that not all powder is loadable for low pressure. In fact some powders must be loaded to spec, never lower nor higher.

Last edited:
Yes well sometimes you don't have any specs. That Clay's is actually a very fluffy powder though not quite as fluffy as Trail boss.

Anyhow I am working on some 44 magnum loads now but I may not get to shoot any of these till after Thanksgiving.

Back