• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

They do not hunger. If I go away for a week, I will come home to twice the fish, who will be twice as fat. There's 90 gals of water, and there's algae growing. Lots of it, and they love it, guppies and molies both.

Several days now with temp above freezing.. a lot of ice and slippery. Did my first PPC competition today. Spended around 150 rnds. Expensive hobby this is :/

And here they are, my old new babies :D

20200104_013831_800.jpg

Good morning fellas. Sunny and 35 this morning. The high should be right at 50 this afternoon. Not bad at all for the first weekend of the new year.

There's a small gun show in town this weekend. I'm going to go check it out for grins and giggles. Never know what ya might run across.

Fellman, how'd you like the ammo ?

You all have a great day.

Oh yeah :)

Below is text and images from gotavapen.se

Probably one of the best magazines in the world for 9 mm Luger. Swedish Kpist M/45, 36 shot.

View attachment 22439

1945 a new 36 shot magazine was developed. It turned out to be one of the very best magazines in the world until now. It is wider behind and more narrow to the front. This construction allows the cartridges to move freely up and down independent of dust and below zero conditions. Magazines with parallel sides are very likely to jam under cold conditions. This, both Germans with MP40 and British with Sten-Gun, found out the hard way. The m/45 magazine has double rows of cartridges and it is very easy to load by hand. With the help of a special tool a magazine can be loaded in 6 seconds.

View attachment 22440

Loading device for m/45 magazine.
It loads a full magazine in 6 seconds.
Note the 36 shot clip for the rounds.

View attachment 22441

Six hits on the handle and the magzine is fully loaded. Each row of rounds falls down in line of the device by the gravity.

The rounds were put on 36 round clips with small locks in the both ends of each row of 6 rounds. These locks were smaller then the primer pockets. There were some accidents when a loaded clip was dropped on a hard surface. The lock hit the primer and there was an accidental discharge. when the round exploded. The clips were later altered to be with wider locks.

View attachment 22443

View attachment 22444

View attachment 22448

Be careful using that hot ammo in a handgun fellman. Most of it was designed to be used in a heavy open bolt machinegun with a lot of mass in the bolt.

I am using modified Suomi 36 round stick mags in my M10/9mm SMG. I modified them myself and I call them my Cadillac mags. They work so much nicer than the plastic/zytel Mac mags.

weo5uAD.jpg

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
The new year is on us so time to reflect a bit. I find myself grinning like the Cheshire cat every time I think about my bumps in life, my failure to overcome many of them, and yet the eventual outcome, which is the real American Dream. Not born to the gentry, I managed to earn my ticket. I won the life-lotto
:cheers:
I own property, I have income, I don't go to work and I still get a check. My health is ok and my family is ok and my daily stress level is zilch most days.
The aristocrats of pre-1900 history had less freedom, were less traveled, had less convenience, worse health, less knowledge, primitive machines, and certainly less personal firepower in the home armory (certainly up until the Browning era.)

It's 2020 and in 2020 I am seeing 20-20. The eye surgery was about the greatest blessing of the 21st century.
Since I met Judy in '89 the DOW has gone from almost 2900 to nearly 29,000, and the world's total wealth has grown about the same.
When I met her I was divorced and was worth about $10,000 total, and she no more, plus I had kids and she had debt.
30 years later we are worth over $1m, no debt, enough steady income to live in California, and I collect guns for fun.

There is NO WAY I could or would have predicted any of this when I moved here after school in '75.

30 years ago, I would have said things were less than rosy, and the future was looking to be steadily worse.

It didn't work out that way, but it's a wonder to me now why.

:lol:

BTW...
I got a late Christmas present from my buddy the FFL.
He bought me an RCBS chronograph, which records 100 shots.
Very similar to the borrowed Chrony that I'd been using in operation.

I'll post a pic when I get it set up at the range.

Be careful using that hot ammo in a handgun fellman. Most of it was designed to be used in a heavy open bolt machinegun with a lot of mass in the bolt.

I am using modified Suomi 36 round stick mags in my M10/9mm SMG. I modified them myself and I call them my Cadillac mags. They work so much nicer than the plastic/zytel Mac mags.

weo5uAD.jpg
Thats a very nice M10 :)

The m/39b is still used, if available, in the Swedish Army Glocks ( Pitol 88 ). The only downside is the increased wear on the barrel.

You are doing well CaddmannQ :) * thumbsup *

@fellmann Thank you. I almost don't believe it myself.

I used to say I would retire when they found me cold and dead at my computer. I never considered that I'd be forced to retire, forced to retire several years early, and able to retire with an income and no debts. I didn't think I'd enjoy it either.
:laugh:
I was so wrong on all accounts.

I'd credit luck (both good and bad) with most of the results here, but I did get up and go to work for almost half a century.

If I quit posting here you'll know my luck finally ran out.
:lol:
GOOD MORNING ALL!

Good morning, somewhere anyways. Another beauty of a day in northeast OK.

Cadd, you worked long and hard, you deserve it. You also deserve to keep it.

The left always thinks we have a revenue problem, when in fact we have a spending problem.

We are the country that provides a great opportunity for those that are willing to work and save for the future. The Democrats see folks like that as a pot of gold for their giveaway programs in search of votes, i.e. power and control.

OK, enough of that, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good Monday to all of yous. A beauty of a day today. Sunny skies and 50s.

I went to the gun show Saturday but left empty handed. I did see a Mossberg that caught my eye but could not come to an agreement with the seller.

Ya'll all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Well no shooting today, or tomorrow probably. I have to see the optician, as I've scratched up my glasses.
I'll probably shoot better without glasses, using the new 24x scope.

I've bought a new 2-sided diamond hone from Smith's . . . Now made in China of course.

I'm looking to maybe buy a more elaborate sharpening jig/system, but I need to look around a bit first. I have a couple diamond stick-style hones in coarse and fine, but they are really just for fishing trips. I want something to do a 14" French knife or a cleaver, as well as pocket knives.

Have a good day, alla youse guys! :)

Good morning. 33 and sunny to start my day. We'll be in the high 50s by mid afternoon.

That's all I have this morning. Be safe.

It's a very foggy morning in Clovis today. Visibility from here to across the street is dodgy. This happens because the valley warms up in the winter and it's known as the Tule fog.

I'd take a picture of it for you but it looks just like that famous painting of the white cow eating vanilla ice cream in a blizzard.

Instead I'll post you a picture of the new diamond hone I bought yesterday.
20200107_091709.jpg

Last edited:
My optometrist used to shoot comp .22 rifle in college, in the 1960s, and he still has the rifle he used, almost like new, in the box.
Anyhow it's a Winchester model 52, over 50 years old.
I don't know much else about it, but it will surely wind up in my safe.
I know he has no sons and hasn't shot it 40+ years, and I offered to buy it, but we haven't spoken on a price.
I may well be this fellow's longest patient, as I used to see his father in the 1970's, until he also went into practice.
I'll see him again when my new glasses come in.

Time to do some research, so I know what to offer him.

My optometrist used to shoot comp .22 rifle in college, in the 1960s, and he still has the rifle he used, almost like new, in the box.
Anyhow it's a Winchester model 52, over 50 years old.
I don't know much else about it, but it will surely wind up in my safe.
I know he has no sons and hasn't shot it 40+ years, and I offered to buy it, but we haven't spoken on a price.
I may well be this fellow's longest patient, as I used to see his father in the 1970's, until he also went into practice.
I'll see him again when my new glasses come in.

Time to do some research, so I know what to offer him.

I have a shootin buddy who collects 22 rifles and the 52 was his latest acquisition. He refinishes some of the guns he collects, and does not worry about collectors value. He is collecting to pass them on to his younguns. The one has is a one hole shooter, even if he shoots 2 or 3 shots. I will mention the rifle to him. He will feel all queezy to know someone got it...and he didn't.:barf:

If you can get a picture of it I would love to show it to him.

Well thank you Hombre, I will be very happy to have it.

Good morning to all you Mossberg owners and it looks like the Tule fog is letting up today and I make it to go shoot out the new chronograph this afternoon. Or shoot through it I should say!

A nice day to you all and please don't shoot anyone that doesn't deserve it!
( Iranian or otherwise...) but do justice where Justice is due.

Back