• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I lived in the more civilized parts of Minnesota with running water. I don't recall temps lower than -41F, but the winds were awful both on the Muskeg and over Lake Superior. I saw wind chills of -150F. I remember it being so cold that we could not buy gasoline. The pumps were frozen. The pump housing shrinks around the impeller and at -40 they touch solid.

Most folks didn't start their cars in that weather, or attempt to drive, but my dad was on call 24/7 (nothing can stop the US Air Force) and we took unusual means to keep ourselves shoveled out and mobile.

After 30 mos of that (3 winters) we moved to the Rocky Mountains which was the same but much steeper and only 9,999 lakes.

I lived in the more civilized parts of Minnesota with running water. I don't recall temps lower than -41F, but the winds were awful both on the Muskeg and over Lake Superior. I saw wind chills of -150F. I remember it being so cold that we could not buy gasoline. The pumps were frozen. The pump housing shrinks around the impeller and at -40 they touch solid.

Most folks didn't start their cars in that weather, or attempt to drive, but my dad was on call 24/7 (nothing can stop the US Air Force) and we took unusual means to keep ourselves shoveled out and mobile.

After 30 mos of that (3 winters) we moved to the Rocky Mountains which was the same but much steeper and only 9,999 lakes.

I was up in Squaw Lake. North of Grand Rapids. It was an experience.

Good morning all. The snow is gone but it's still cloudy. A slight warm up is in store for us. We'll nudge into the 40s today.

Have a great day and stay safe.

That was back in my young and dumb days. I still would go back if i had the money it takes to live up there.

You must not have the kind of arthritis that I do. Cold wet snowy weather and I do not agree.

Good morning Mossberg owners, although it is well past lunch. Today I've been cleaning ammo and waiting for the glue to dry on some aquarium filter I am building.

20200123_121151.jpg

If you look closely at this plastic bin you can see what happens when some dummy drops a bolt into the injection molding chamber and slams the lid and then tosses it out and just keeps molding parts.

20200123_121359.jpg

A professional die maker probably spent a week shaping and polishing on that tooling and some careless Bozo wrecks it in 10 seconds...

Last edited:
You must not have the kind of arthritis that I do. Cold wet snowy weather and I do not agree.

Good morning Mossberg owners, although it is well past lunch. Today I've been cleaning ammo and waiting for the glue to dry on some aquarium filter I am building.

View attachment 22572

If you look closely at this plastic bin you can see what happens when some dummy drops a bolt into the injection molding chamber and slams the lid and then tosses it out and just keeps molding parts.

View attachment 22573

A professional die maker probably spent a week shaping and polishing on that tooling and some careless Bozo wrecks it in 10 seconds...

I do have some arthritis but not a bad case. I have worn out joints and a spine with a birth defect. I still handle the cold and wet ok, just can't walk worth a crap anymore.

I have the kind from broken bones that "healed" years ago. Baseball foot, motorcycle shin, basketball wrist, skateboard shoulder. I've been in situations where I could have been the victim of severe cold weather, but got lucky.

Too bad I don't live clos
I have the kind from broken bones that "healed" years ago. Baseball foot, motorcycle shin, basketball wrist, skateboard shoulder. I've been in situations where I could have been the victim of severe cold weather, but got lucky.

Too bad I don't live closer. We could sit around and get gassed on my homemade wine and beer and compare our aches and pains while we discuss guns and reloading.

Belated good morning wishes. The clouds are finally gone, late this afternoon. High in the mid to high 40s tomorrow.

My youngest son and family arrived last night about 11 pm. They will be with us till Sunday.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

. . . Too bad I don't live closer. We could sit around and get gassed on my homemade wine and beer and compare our aches and pains while we discuss guns and reloading.

We would just be repeating everything we said here.

Hey all you Mossberg owners....

It was a pretty nice day in the San Joaquin Valley. I worked on my little greenhouse, barbecued some chicken and put together a new filter for one of my aquariums.

This eve I've got 120 rounds of brass I need to go powder and load. I have to flare all the pistol rounds, and normally I would have flared them before putting in the primers.

But with this press there's no danger of setting things off.

I always flare them first but I didn't have to trim these cases and so I skipped over it.

This is really a bad sign because I should have more consistent habits when I do this.

Liquor is always better in person . . .

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Last night it was 2AM before I put the powder back in the safe.
I finished 100 top quality target loads in .45 acp, .44 mag, and .308 win.
I used CFE pistol which is really clean. I need to try it on .357 levergun loads.
That Trailboss powder is the dirty bird of my selection. Worse than Clays powder for sure.

I used the last of my Varget on the .308s and today I'll switch to CFE223 powder.
Varget was shooting super clean in the .308 and so is CFE.
I was told CFE residue will eat your rifling, so swab it out after....
But then I clean and oil my guns after each trip. I'm paranoid about rust.

*YAWN* time for another cup . . .:mornin:

Somehow I wrote this yesterday and never hit the post reply button. .....

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Today is housecleaning day and if I know what's good for me I'll stay out from underfoot.
That Alien is an amazing design. Has this ever been done before?
If it accepts mags bigger than 10 shots it's verbotten, but in .40/.44/.45 ACP single stack it could get thru...

Well good morning again a Mossberg owners.

I have absolutely no doubt that we should get rid of foreign criminals from our shores as soon as possible, but as it turns out lately it's the domestic criminals who are stealing the most.

I actually like this picture so much I'm going to post it more than once so please forgive me.

Screenshot_20200127-071739.jpg

Yesterday was just more reloading for me and I built another aquarium filter to replace the last one which simply was too awkward. The new one is Created from a Hornady corn cob media jug.

I'll post a photo of it when I go wake up the fish. Y'all have a great day.

( I just love the way this phone can spell y'all but has a very difficult time with many ordinary words. Try as it might it simply cannot spell Hornet day.

Horn a day horny de horno de.... urg!

It makes it more difficult to dictate my range reports.

Good morning MOers. Light rain is a falling with a temp of 40. That is actually better than what had been forecast. Yesterday I visited the concours for a while. Checked the tire pressures and added a bit, put some new gas in the tank, and started it and let it run till the water temp came up a bit.

My youngest son and family were down for the weekend, had a nice visit. I'll be seeing him later this week as I am going to Omaha for the weekend. I am planning on driving up Thursday and home either the following Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully the impeachment trial will finish before I get home.

You all have a great day.

Back