• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. We had some rain last night, not so much that it was a problem, just enough. A few places had a very small amount of snow, just enough to make driving a bit dicey.

The puppy is getting better at sleeping at night, The past two mornings he woke me at 7 am. I am taking a few pictures, LOL.

cm, howdy right back at you. Glad you got up just for us...

Cadd and Hombre, good morning to you guys as well.

You all have the very best of days.

Good morning to all you lovers. Clear skies and 29 this morning. We are looking at a very nice few days coming up, even making it into the 70s for three days starting Saturday.

Well, the puppy and I got up at 6:30 this morning. He slept for 7 hours again. He does very well until he gets hungry. And now he is asleep at my feet.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday was another day of cleaning and other garage work. today will be more of the same. tomorrow we're supposed to go shooting at the rifle club.

Our governor just sponsored a bill that makes it illegal to sell lead ammo in California. Currently you cannot hunt with lead, and the state is moaning that since that law, hunting license sales are way down and they can't afford to hire rangers etc. The key here is that NOBODY should buy a hunting or fishing license in California for one year in protest. Let them scramble for the money to keep fish and game open at all.

Meanwhile, varmint populations are growing here. Nutria or Coypu are showing up bigtime and need to be exterminated. They are big beaver-like rats, that dig like gophers and ruin irrigation plans. Hog populations are growing and groundchucks abound. I expect coyote populations will grow since the slump in small game hunters.

Can you sorta see where this is going? California has the main population on maybe 5% of the land, while ~20% is farms and oil fields, and 75% is wilderness, open waters, deserts, and rustic parklands with few humans. That 75% of California is a sportsman's dream (or could be) no matter what you shoot, drive, fly, fish, hunt, pilot, or hike.

BTW, in 45 years only twice has a ranger approached me in the wild. Both times for fishing too close to a dam. Where the fish were. ;( I've never been asked for my fishing license. Not Once in my whole life actually. (I haven't been hunting once since I moved here in 1975).

Good morning everyone of yous. Sunny here and will be in the 60s later.

Cadd, the governor is trying to do what's best, LOL. He probably thinks the hunted animals die of lead poisoning and copper or steel won't actually hurt them.

We have quite the wild hog population here in Oklahoma. If memory serves me they populate in all but two counties in the state. Hunting them welcomed. We also have coyotes in my immediate area but I am in the city so no shooting at them for me.

Just imagine if you will, if all of the hunters in California started buying licenses in other states and going on hunting trips for vacation. Of course I suppose if you left the state to go hunting coming back into California with your own gun could pose a problem.

Being in Oklahoma those are not concerns for us.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning guys. I wrenched my back yesterday, moving heavy stuff around the boatyard. I didn't sleep much last night, and I'm still sore as hell this AM.
Anyhow, that blew today's target shooting schedule.

It's a lovely sunny 65F already and I would be working already, but for this aching back. We did get a huge amount of work done in the yard though. I now have a spot clean enough to build on, and I've started drawing plans for the new shed.

It's a bit tricky though, because we have an odd shaped lot. I will make the shed regular in plan, but the adjacent kennel will be a bit odd. Time to take more measurements.

I hope you all have a highly regular day. ;)

Good morning guys. I wrenched my back yesterday, moving heavy stuff around the boatyard. I didn't sleep much last night, and I'm still sore as hell this AM.
Anyhow, that blew today's target shooting schedule.

It's a lovely sunny 65F already and I would be working already, but for this aching back. We did get a huge amount of work done in the yard though. I now have a spot clean enough to build on, and I've started drawing plans for the new shed.

It's a bit tricky though, because we have an odd shaped lot. I will make the shed regular in plan, but the adjacent kennel will be a bit odd. Time to take more measurements.

I hope you all have a highly regular day. ;)

Take it easy cadd and don't make it worse. There is always tomorrow.

Good morning you guys.

Well the back is recovering nicely and I am able to get up and down without much pain.

My wife is having a party for her ladies Club and I will be making myself scarce.

Unfortunately I don't feel good enough to do anything worthwhile so that probably means I will just lay about drinking somewhere.

Of course were I was born drinking was considered a good occupation. Distilling too.

I guess it still hurts if I'm thinking about bourbon at 6:30 in the morning.

Howdy fellas.
Good news!
My workers comp case has finally ended. 5 years later. Man, they love to drag shit out. But, on the bright side, I can go back to work. I'll still be an admin, But on all the other forums I'll need to take a step back.
@DHonovich is aware of what's happening, so hopefully things go smoothly in the transition.
Thanks posting up and keep up the conversations here! And I'll see ya'll around here more often finally!

And since it's finally over, finally, I treated myself to something that was far over due....
A nice loaded 2016....
index-1.jpeg

Cheers,
Marc

Well I haven't followed your entire 5 years of tribulation, but it appears to have resolved in your favor Rip. :thumbsup:

My neighbor is a fire capt. and he also drives a bright red Silverado. Every morning I see it, if he's home.
If it's gone, there's a fire....

Thanks Cad, it wasn't a bad resolution, but it would have been nice to have been more than what they offererd.

:coffee:
Mornin fellas. We have our grand kiddoe today. So we'll be outside tossing the baseball around getting ready for little league. I've been conditioning his glove all week. It's crazy soft now. Nicely broken in.
I'ts his first year of LL. so this is all new to me also, I've never played LL, just high school baseball for a couple of years. Then some softball with the tv studios out in cali. (Profiler team is undefeated.)
I found my old gloves and I'm reconditioning them too.
Cheers fellas....

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

As predicted, I didn't do much yesterday. I cleaned an aquarium, fed the fish, and went tool shopping.
The back is still sore as hell, but I am getting up and down without quite as much growling and cursing.

I worked on my shed plans. You wouldn't think a shed need so much planning, but I have a drain to miss, and a kennel to accommodate, and setback laws, and an irregular trapezoid of a slab to sit it on. Lots of considerations....

I got a little drinking in yesterday. I expect to do a little more today. I don't tolerate much alcohol, so it's a balancing act, but any way I look at it, it'll be a slow day.
20190312_220440_resized.jpg

Good morning fellas. Cloudy and 55 this morning. We had a beauty of a weekend. 70s and sunny with a good bit of wind yesterday. Today the temps are supposed to drop all day with the current temp as a high.

Didn't do much of anything. Saturday afternoon we visited one of Marilyn's daughters. We were there about 3 hours then came home.

Cadd, I hope that back gets to feelin better quick like.

Rip, glad you got the case resolved, that's a fine looking rig ya got yourself.

Scoop, hope the church presentation went well.

Hombre, hope you had a good weekend.

Ya'll have a fine day.

Mornin' Meanine...Mornin' you guys...

The dry weather continues in the desert.
No news there....
Today will be 65F and sunny, with temps rising all week until we hit 80F on Thursday.
Then Friday we may get some rain. 19% chance.

The back is improved enough that I was able to do some light work yesterday on the aquariums, but no shed building, engine hoists or torque wrenches for a while more here...maybe some minor cleanup work. I know I seem to think about work a lot for a retired guy, but without it all I'd be fat. I've been fat before and I don't like it.

One reason that I raise fish is because the extra water is lovely to have around in a dry climate. I'm running 5 tanks & 3 sumps, totaling about 400 gals.

5 more today, as yesterday I replaced my 5 gal betta tank with a 10g, because Zed the betta is sharing space with 9 small guppies. I made him some nice new reinforced lids from bronze tinted Plexiglas, and reinstalled the algae culture bottles. The fish are all doing well, even the 100+ guppies and mollies which I dumped in with the 12" Oscar. Ummmm . . . the survivors are doing well. Felix may have consumed a dozen since Tuesday, and it would be hard to tell.

Meanwhile, I have about 200 more fish just in the fry tank, including about 10 gravid females, and there are 4 fat female mollies and my largest male in the Mono tank.
Felix is going to have all the live food he can eat, and I'm even placing some fry in the African tank and the patio tank as well, to reduce bio-load on the fry tank.

I hope you folks are all eating well too.

Good morning fellas. Cloudy and 55 this morning. We had a beauty of a weekend. 70s and sunny with a good bit of wind yesterday. Today the temps are supposed to drop all day with the current temp as a high.

Didn't do much of anything. Saturday afternoon we visited one of Marilyn's daughters. We were there about 3 hours then came home.

Cadd, I hope that back gets to feelin better quick like.

Rip, glad you got the case resolved, that's a fine looking rig ya got yourself.

Scoop, hope the church presentation went well.

Hombre, hope you had a good weekend.

Ya'll have a fine day.

Meanie, my health is improving and I am feelin better. Spring is closing in on us and my friend told me tonight he is thinkin fishing. Been a long time fishin without him. You have a great day also.

I am so late today. Been stripping wall paper and doing some painting in the bathroom.

Scoop, hope the storms missed you and you are doing well. I am fairly familiar with tornadoes. The night time storms just scare the hell outta me.

Ya'll have a great day, what's left of it.

Back