• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and warm this morning. Looks like rain showers off and on for the next couple of days.

Cadd, that will definitely be a one of a kind auto when you are finished.

Hombre, I don't find ordering and picking up in the parking lot disgusting at all. I'd say you're using good common sense.

Everyone have a good a day as you can under the circumstances.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Well we got some serious actual rain here yesterday. The rainiest day since December. There's well over an inch in my barrel.

I have to go move the boat and utility trailer around today, and get the boat ready to go fishing soon.

The grandkids are all out of school for at least a week. The teacher's unions are fighting over who has to do what, and of course the laws don't actually allow for what the state is demanding. Catch-22 for the teachers, who must go to empty classrooms to instruct kids who are only online. Meanwhile those teacher's own kids are home alone.

I sure hope this blows over soon.

Mornin fellas. It's supposed to be a rainy day. I woke up with a knot in my back, so I'm taking it easy today. Hot shower and a muscle relaxer seem to be working.
Tomorrow I get to do my civic duty and serve on a jury. I wonder what it will be about. Gotta be there at 8 am and find out if they need me or not. Maybe they won't with this hyped up virus out there...
Cheers fellas.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and warm this morning. Looks like rain showers off and on for the next couple of days.

Cadd, that will definitely be a one of a kind auto when you are finished.

Hombre, I don't find ordering and picking up in the parking lot disgusting at all. I'd say you're using good common sense.

Everyone have a good a day as you can under the circumstances.

Meanie, the disgusting part is buying my groceries there. But I don't find it disgusting either. Others seem to have a dislike for it though.

Mornin fellas. It's supposed to be a rainy day. I woke up with a knot in my back, so I'm taking it easy today. Hot shower and a muscle relaxer seem to be working.
Tomorrow I get to do my civic duty and serve on a jury. I wonder what it will be about. Gotta be there at 8 am and find out if they need me or not. Maybe they won't with this hyped up virus out there...
Cheers fellas.

I have jury duty starting next Monday. I'm gonna file for a delay, as I'm a senior citizen. Plus in 45 years I've never been picked to be on a jury.
Lawyers will evidently never put computer guys and engineers on the jury unless they have to.

Last edited:
Never been picked to be on a jury? That is a compliment. I'll tell you why.

When I was about 30 I told my lawyer friend that I wanted to get on a jury. She said "I'd never pick you to be on one of my juries. " It made me feel sort of unwanted. But she explained that she looked for people with "plastic minds" so she could mold their thoughts. She said there was no way she was going to put an air traffic controller who studied engineering on a jury. People who can think for themselves were of no use to her.

She wanted to do the thinking and the jurors would come to the logical conclusion that favored her client.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg owners. Today I have to do my taxes. I didn't pay enough and I will have to send in about $3,000.

@Scoop
I am 100% certain that if, in court, one can say the phrase, "computer network administrator for a group of Consulting Structural Engineers", or a similarly complicated and impressive phrase without a stutter, then you will never get on a jury.

When I was working for Vendo I told them, "as a programmer I use custom modeling software to generate computer numerical control data from engineering drawings in a manufacturing process development office. "

LOL.... you should have seen the heads spinning at that one! (The truth is that all the real calculations required in that work I could have done in the 8th grade. A little basic algebra and geometry. General knowledge of metalworking tools....)

Normally I make it long enough so that the judge has to actually look at me and ask me to repeat myself, as they generally aren't paying that much attention to the jurors and lose track halfway through my monologue.

But the attorneys are listening very carefully, and I will make some fun by Leading them down a very conservative rabbit hole and at the very end I say, "design and race custom-built skateboards." At that point at least one of the attorneys will gag and you can tell who was paying attention.

My opinion is that juries are by and large filled by people who were not smart enough to avoid being chosen. They They promote it as one's civic duty to serve, and then they reduce that service to a sad joke.

Anyhow the first time I went on jury duty I discovered is that the American legal system is not just a world class Hollywood dog and pony show at the very highest levels, but it is ironic, inane, mundane drudgery at the lowest.

In most ways it's better than what the British had in the 1700s. In the most important ways that hasn't changed enough.

I think a jury should represent civilization at large and therefore should be larger and chosen by Lottery only. If you draw a ticket you serve.

Letting the attorneys choose jurors is a long and ridiculous process that we should dispense with.

The idea that we make the system more fair to the accused by having small hand selected juries is simply impossible!

In my mind, the only fair way is random selection.

By the way it looks like the governor will close the schools here for the rest of the school year.

For all practical purposes it will be online education only.

I have jury duty starting next Monday. I'm gonna file for a delay, as I'm a senior citizen. Plus in 45 years I've never been picked to be on a jury.
Lawyers will evidently never put computer guys and engineers on the jury unless they have to.

Mine was cancelled. They sent me a text notification...

Cadd, I like the lottery idea. That is something that certainly should be implemented.

I spent the day boiling up 5 gallons of maple syrup. I'm down to 1/4 of it. I'm going to finish it up tomorrow. It's got a nice amber/tannish color right now.

0318201617_HDR.jpg
I started with those two filled up each to 3/4 full...

0318202132_HDR.jpg
And ended up so far with this much....

0318202132a_HDR.jpg
Here's the color.

I'll finish up in the morning....

And next year, I'll tap a few more than 2 trees and boil em outside.
Now I know why they say do the bulk of the boil outside. It was soooo foggy inside my kitchen. Holy cow....

Lucky day!

My Jury duty postponed up to 9 mos!

$10,000 refund we didn't expect coming from Uncle Sam!!
(Thank you Mr Trump)

My wife decided to quit driving across town for gym. (Her trainer works at the local kids hospital. Ooooof!)

Also I believe I have figured out something that has long been puzzling me about my own health (and thankfully it's not WuFlu.)
I've been fighting this allergy issue that I finally tracked down, after years of BS.

To celebrate I fired up the BBQ and did up a big angus tri tip, Santa Maria style.
And now it's Miller Time.

Also I believe I have figured out something that has long been puzzling me about my own health (and thankfully it's not WuFlu.)
I've been fighting this allergy issue that I finally tracked down, after years of BS.

To celebrate I fired up the BBQ

What did you find out?

My opinion is that juries are by and large filled by people who were not smart enough to avoid being chosen.
I think a jury should represent civilization at large and therefore should be larger and chosen by Lottery only. If you draw a ticket you serve.
Letting the attorneys choose jurors is a long and ridiculous process that we should dispense with.
The idea that we make the system more fair to the accused by having small hand selected juries is simply impossible!

In my mind, the only fair way is random selection.

I agree with much about what you said about juries.
Amendment VI says "... the accused shall enjoy the right to a...public trial, by an impartial jury..."

But I don't really trust the decision making abilities of what you described as "...people who were not smart enough to avoid being chosen."

For that reason I would most likely request a bench trial and put my trust in one judge and zero juriods [unless I was flat-assed guilty and could take advantage of the lame brains].

You have a serious point Scoop. I might do the same.

What if I had an IQ of 160+ and wanted a jury of my peers?

CATCH-22!

To me, everything really would depend on the case and how my side saw the case.

But here any speculation is all moot for now, as all non-essential court cases are delayed until notice.

What did you find out?

I think my allergies are related, not to the cats and dogs as the lab work indicated, but to a certain kind of mold or mildew that is typical here.

I need to seal up some cracks. It's certainly due to moisture coming from outdoors. I think the tack strip on my wall-to-wall carpet has the mold. Today I could actually smell a whif of it, and I know that smell. There is a crack we sealed in 2002 and it's come open. That's got to be it.

I know what happens with too much fur, but this is different.
It creates a different reaction more similar to mild malaria.

Well, I say malaria as it's a recurring disease, and this was too. Symptoms are similar. Flu-like. Not much sneezing or coughing, but deep cough with congestion. I got another small dose when I caught that whif today, and I had a raction within one minute pf contact.
Because I had the Hong Kong flu in the 70's I thought I might be having recurring symptoms.
But a discernible pattern wasn't there. Until now. Weather has been unseasonably warm and dry, but we recently had 2" of rain in 36 hours.
Suddenly I'm having symptoms again out of the blue.

But anyhow the vector is now known.

Of course the symptoms of corona and malaria are similar too, so I was already thinking "dang, I got covid19" night before last. Sweaty, clammy, tender glands. It's 99% gone now, but I was almost convinced I had it.

Then today's contact, and Whoosh! 2+2=4 and there it is: mold.

Good morning everyone. Rain again and more to come. We had a brief respite yesterday and the sun actually peeked out for a couple of hours. Our temp made it to about 80 and the forecast calls for a repeat today. Tonight things change drastically as tomorrow the high is forecast to be 47. That will be a shock.

Anyways, you guys stay healthy and have a great day.

Good Morning guys . . .Cool and gloomy today. Too cold to go to the lake today, and the range is closed on thursdays.

I'm going to work on some computers today, and try to get some sun.
But I could really use a day out on the boat.
I bought my fishing license online for the first time today. $51.02 without any stamps for special fishing.

China claims wuflu is clearing up a lot. The rate of new cases is reportedly dropping quickly.
Here, there have been a tiny handful of cases so far.

My kids are all working remotely, as is everyone at the old office.
It's about time.

The claim is 6 weeks from now the pandemic will have dwindled. 8 weeks and it'll be done.

Back