• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning guys. It's cloudy this morning and 56 degrees. We do have a chance of thunderstorms later, maybe mid afternoon. I did all of the yard work I needed to do yesterday, but still, we have had a lot of rain.

Fellman, I never saw Count Bassie live, but remember him being on TV shows when I was a kid.

I imagine there is a porsche engine that would fit in place of the VW engine. That would give it more ooomph. Probably sound better as well.

You guys be careful and stay well.

Ripjack, you might need to feed live food to keep those species. My oscar has gotten so picky he will only eat live food.
He will spit out anything that doesn't wiggle. I don't know a lot about those fish. The guys at monsterfishkeepers.com will know those species, but they're not too different. I think about 3/4 of all bony fishes today are part of the perch family.

120 sq ft here is the max without permit. That's 10x12 or about 8x15. I want to design and build it myself, so the shelves and benches are part of the structure, eliminating girts. I'll store my bike there to open up the garage space if I buy the replica SS.

Howdy fellas,

I did a bunch of reading on em, I think we have enough worms and crickets around here to keep em happy for a lil while till the tp apocalypse blows over, then I can get some mealworms and other critters for em.

I'm looking into to making the shed myself. I'm looking for plans I like online.
@meanstreak the old shed is crap. Its all rotted out at the bottoms and its so old its falling apart. My landlord said they made it the 70s when t111 came out.

I'd like to put in some shelves and a small bench in it. Maybe even some rafter space for longer things I want to keep out of the elements too.

Today my wife and I cleared out the living room. Getting ready to repaint all the walls and trim. When we moved in back in 06, we sponge painted the walls. Then in 09 I put in new windows and some of the trim and around the windows got peeled away. So its over due for a face lift.

Tomorrow I'll get some pics to compare for before and afters for y'all...

Cheers!

Good morning everyone. It's mostly cloudy this morning and 50 degrees. Yesterday we had about 6 hours of light steady rain. The weather report last night said we had about a half inch here.

The traffic is way down from normal for this time of day. It's not like a ghost town, but very low. I'll sure be glad when things get back to normal.

You guys have as good a day as you can. Be safe.

Good Morning guys. I had a late night shopping for cars online. There are an unbelievable number of cars for sale.

One cool thing is to do with a VW is put the more powerful Subaru engine in and add radiators. They sound much better because of the water jacket. Compare a Subaru 1600 to a VW 1600 and you will see why. They took a VW power train, improved it, water cooled it, and flipped it around to the front of the car. It might need better brakes . . .

But the type 3 engine looks and sounds better too, because of the substantial cast metal fan arrangement and soundproofing. The type-1 VW tin makes awful sounds by comparison.

That bugatti style body would also translate well to a Morgan style with big V Twin on the front. That would rebalance the car, and lighten it.

BUT, I found a similar car modeled after the 1937 Mercedes with a Mustang powertrain and gear on factory/custom chassis.
Could sound much better than a VW, and the price is the same. It's not as pristine though.

I hope you all stay well. I see Cuomo has the wuflu now. One of 'em. The other will have it soon too I suspect.

Good afternoon Mossberg owners.

It's a gorgeous day in California am I am shopping online for an old car and working on my new desk.

@meanstreak
It probably doesn't deserve more much more HP because the brakes won't be sufficient. Also when you get these things up to 55 miles an hour you will realize why they changed body designs.

They tend to have something called cowl shake, and the front fenders tend to flap in the wind.

This is not a great car for the interstate nor will it ever be. So far I have not convinced my wife that it will be more safe than a motorcycle.

None the less it might eventually get a disc brake kit and some nicer Wheels. This just has regular 70s VW steel wheels and fake wire hubcaps. Also it does not have the burl wood Dash.

Many years ago I built a dual carburetor dual-port 1800 cc engine. It would have been a great engine in this car but I put it in a Fastback which was heavy, poorly ventilated, & it caused the engine to overheat due to all the sound insulation Etc.

Ok. here I am. been doing a lot of painting.
here's some pics of the process so far. Still have to panel a wall, and touch ups here n there....

0331201313a_HDR.jpg

After Michele and I were done painting, I told her, "Hun, I'm going to tell you something about the paint job, and you'll never look at it the same again."
She says, what?
"babe, it looks like camo...."
Her....omg omg.....you tricked me into this!!! you big jerk!

0401201805a_HDR.jpg

Rip, I was thinking camo right off, then I saw you switch it from fall camo to spring camo, and I'm thinking here the blossoms are all up.
Then I remember my grandma's wallpaper with big orchids on it. LOL

I put in a serious bid on the red SS100 replica. It's a lot to spend on a toy, but when I showed my wife the price of a really great replica ($100k) and an original SS100 (1/4 mill up to $675k for one at Sotherby's last summer) and this car (so far no bids over $7k) she didn't quibble at all.

. . . I just found out that Count Basie and his band played in a dance hall in my city on the 24th of August in 1963. Even though it was bad weather, 2000 people came and saw him play. . .

My dad didn't care much for music, but he did like Count Basie. also duke Ellington. I still remember Dad playing Take the A Train on the radio.

Back