• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I don’t know how much liability the state has an all of this, but I’ve had a feeling they shut all the parks down here so they wouldn’t be sued by rangers who got sick.

Or the families of dead Rangers.

Just across the river in IL all outdoor activity is shut down but may reopen soon. Iowa never thought it necessary. So far So good. Iowa's big problem is the meat processors. Several plants are thick with Covid. Joslin, IL plant has hundreds sick with the virus.

***I need to edit a bit: Iowa and IL both have meat packing plants, namely Tysons. Both report a number of cases of the virus. IL IIRC has 90+ and Ipwa Tysons has 50+. Deaths have been reported. Hundreds have tested positive. In an enviroment where hundreds of people are working within inches of each other in a wet, warm area, I read, it is ideal for the spread of the disease. I have worked in Joslin Tysons when it first opened as Illini Beef. It is a miserable job. I also worked in the Banquet cooking plant in Batesville AR. Same thing only add some hot grease. I have nieces in Batesville who are in the front line. One a paramedic and one a nurse. It is a stressful time for me. God bless all who serve in the front lines.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. 52 and mostly sunny with a 10 moh breeze from the north.

Cadd, sounds like you are knee deep in the roadster. Good way to keep you out of trouble. Ya know, it seems to me that Newsom is really into the power grab thing. But given his record and ancestry it is not a surprise. I saw last night he is threatening withholding emergency funding from three particular counties if they don't fall in line.

Hombre, I hope fishing is good for you this year. It is a miserable job in the plants. Years ago I knew a fella that was part owner of a beef packing plant in Norfolk, Nebraska. Most of the workers were from south of the border. From what I recall they would rent a two bedroom apartment and 10-12 of them would live there. Almost every apartment in the complex was rented to beef packers. They saved money that way and were able to send most of what they made home.I think the way they live has as much to do with the spread there as the work. The company can implement rules and spread the workers out and provide barriers. If they get off work and don't take precautions it will all be for naught.

Anyways, lets all have the best day we can under the circumstances.

I was lucky to have never worked in the meat business. I like to cook it, but that's it for me.
I did work in a cake factory, working on machinery. Sometimes we had to work in the freezers. Usually conveyor line upkeep.
We had to shovel burned cake out of a giant oven once, but that was the worst of it.
2 dozen wheelbarrows of burned cake.

I think govt regulations are going to require more health care services etc for food processing workers. This may mean we all eat less processed foods in the future (yay!) and more fake meat (boo!) as it becomes more difficult to keep the meat business clean. Dressing and cleaning animals is something robots cannot do yet. Look to that coming.

Also the immigration picture is finally going to change. No amount of warning could do what one health crisis did in a month. People whose wages were undercut by foreign workers will be working instead of collecting welfare.

We do have lots of meat packing and even more dairy and poultry, but almost every food crop is grown and packed here.
The good news is cooking the meat kills covid readily, but it's going to get more pricy to cook.

It's going to hit the 90's today in Clovis & so I hope you all have a nice sunny day too.

I was lucky to have never worked in the meat business. I like to cook it, but that's it for me.
I did work in a cake factory, working on machinery. Sometimes we had to work in the freezers. Usually conveyor line upkeep.
We had to shovel burned cake out of a giant oven once, but that was the worst of it.
2 dozen wheelbarrows of burned cake.

I think govt regulations are going to require more health care services etc for food processing workers. This may mean we all eat less processed foods in the future (yay!) and more fake meat (boo!) as it becomes more difficult to keep the meat business clean. Dressing and cleaning animals is something robots cannot do yet. Look to that coming.

Also the immigration picture is finally going to change. No amount of warning could do what one health crisis did in a month. People whose wages were undercut by foreign workers will be working instead of collecting welfare.

We do have lots of meat packing and even more dairy and poultry, but almost every food crop is grown and packed here.
The good news is cooking the meat kills covid readily, but it's going to get more pricy to cook.

It's going to hit the 90's today in Clovis & so I hope you all have a nice sunny day too.

Cadd, too bad hogs and 4 footed edibles aren't processed the way chickens are butchered at the Banquet plant where I worked. It is done about 90% estimated, on a cutting line made of machines set along a chain that moves the chicken or turkey, that make a specific cut. If you look at the pieces of Banquet fried chicken you will see how it makes different cuts from the way a man would cut them up. As the whole chicken progresses along the line the cut piece falls into its specific batch and by the end of the line, the bird is in pieces all separated by the specific cut.

I had this fact in my mind once in MN when I ordered a special on wings in a bar/restaurant...26 wings, $9.99...and asked the waitress if these were right winged or left winged chickens. She was speechless and had to ask her boss. He thought it was so funny he gave me the meal free for stumping his, in his words, "smartass" waitress.

He asked me why I asked the question. I asked him...are you right or left handed. He said right. I asked which of his arms was strongest. He said it was his right. I asked if the chicken was right winged or left winged. I am not real political, but I love tender chicken wings.

Good Monday morning all. 54 degrees and rain showers in the area.

I have a few errands today. Grocery store, post office, and a local small engine repair shop. I need to make an appointment to get my car into the dealership for a small recall item as well. The car is 12 years old, but it falls into the serial number group that has the potential problem. I'll probably have them change the oil while I'm there.

Have a great day.

Good morning guys.
this AM I get this in my feed...
masked.jpg

Anybody that thinks I'm going out in public like that is crazy.
Do those little valves help the wearer exhale?
Maybe the protection works one way OK and the other way, not so much.

Defiantly not my style. Also probably sewn in a sweatshop in malaysia by poor wage slaves.

Good morning all. Cloudy again and 55. We have not seen the sun now since Sunday. The past two days we have broken records set in 1913 and 1939 for the lowest high for the day. I hope that makes sense. Funny thing is that for the past three days now our temp has only dropped 6 or 7 degrees at night. Oh well, more rain in the forecast and warmer temps.

That quote by Reagan certainly does not sit well with the left. Even more so now than when he said it.

You all have a great day.

. . .we have broken records set in 1913 and 1939 for the lowest high for the day. . . for the past three days now our temp has only dropped 6 or 7 degrees at night. Oh well, more rain in the forecast and warmer temps....

That's bizarre Meanie.

Sunny and hot here, but 30 deg colder at night, going from 90 to 60 when the breeze comes off the sea.

From another forum:

". . . But don't treat me like an idiot and lie to me. That is exactly what the authorities have done. They are the ones who look like fools . . . "

They know that the lies only work on fools. They don't have to convince the aware. They only have to convince enough fools to start a ruckus. Then they have manufactured their opportunity. The media will cover a ruckus. The media will post blame.

The media is a loose canon, and someone who can grab hold and aim it, can get what they want; and this is despite whatever the media may want.

This is clearer after watching Trump operate.

Today will be more woodwork, online shopping, and I will sign the contract for the new shed.
Online, of course.

But I will also get more sun. The vitamin pills aren't enough. This is why Trump always looks like he's been in a tanning booth. He gets more rays than I do.

Good morning fellows.

I signed the contract, and the shed arrives, KD, on Wednesday, along with 3 guys to assemble it. This is the same outfit that built the last one. It's only 8x12, but I decided I didn't have enough room for larger unless it got unaffordably larger.

It's gonna be the wild west with the random "re-openings" across the globe. That's unfortunate, but you cannot keep folks suppressed and oppressed for too long. Many folks have gotten used to tyrants, but not everyone.

Today is minor woodwork for me, and I start moving major stuff to make way for the shed. Moving won't get done in one day though. When the shed arrives, I will have moved a car full of old, heavy car parts, a trailer (full of hardware that needs to go in the shed) a boat (easiest bit), a chain link dog kennel, a work bench, and a shelving unit of 2X4s and plywood, covered in cast iron transmissions and lawn tractor parts. Oh, my bike and everything in the garage moves around too, as soon as I finish sanding and staining on this panel.

It's going to take every bit of the available time to get ready. I expected it to be slow because of the virus, but just the opposite.

@meanstreak

Oklahoma seems to be getting more tropical or something....
Is it my imagination?

Weather here continues to be mild and very agreeable. The planets are nearing alignment. No rain in sight...

We have had some strange weather. Two days of record low highs followed by summer like weather. Of course summer here means we have our share of violent weather.

Good morning everyone. 66 with thunderstorms moving through our area. The storms could be lingering all day.

I'll be taking the puppy in and out between showers so he can get his exercise. It's good for me as well.

Have a great day and take care.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

We had a rather windy night and there was a earthquake at 4 AM but it didn’t wake me up as far as I know.

Because of our geology here I very rarely feel earthquakes the way they feel them on the coast.

Today I’m going to continue cleaning up the side of the house and the boat yard where the new shed will go.

I have to move a lot of things before they can bring the shed in, but I am well underway.

Good morning all. After 3 days of clouds and a good bit of rain we have sunny skies and 66 to start the day. Unfortunately it will be short lived as we have more rain forecast for later today.

Ya'll have a great day.

Weeks of boredness... Solitude.. Finally i got to the range..

Best feeling was the final fast mag dump :D The sights were jumping and bullets were flying.. everywhere.. Hit area at 25 yards, was like a big pizza plate, maybe im lying, like a door, yeah, thats closer to the truth :D I just wanted to do that...

Hope yall stay safe

20200515_132933_hd.jpg
20200515_141058_hd.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. Was 66 and sunny at 7am. Looks like a fine day.

Fellman, looks like you had a good range day. That's a nice set up you have there.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

@fellmann That looks like a nice setup.
I should get out to the range to pay my fees before the rush hits when it "reopens".
It's not closed, but just restricted hours etc.

I would be missing it more if I didn't have so much stuff to work on.

Back