• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. Cloudy, humid, and 64. We haven't seen the sun since Sunday morning. Yesterday we stayed home all day. I cleaned the back porch, power washed and got rid of some junk. Marilyn worked inside. Bentley split his time helping us, lol.

We had some local aviators flying a three ship formation of T6s fly over the house a time or two. At 3 pm we stopped what we were doing for a minute of silence to remember those that gave their lives defending our country.

Today is an errand day. Right at the top of the list is a new leash for Bentley. Maybe a harness as well. Then the grocery. There must be something else but it escapes me now.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy, humid, and 64. We haven't seen the sun since Sunday morning. Yesterday we stayed home all day. I cleaned the back porch, power washed and got rid of some junk. Marilyn worked inside. Bentley split his time helping us, lol.

We had some local aviators flying a three ship formation of T6s fly over the house a time or two. At 3 pm we stopped what we were doing for a minute of silence to remember those that gave their lives defending our country.

Today is an errand day. Right at the top of the list is a new leash for Bentley. Maybe a harness as well. Then the grocery. There must be something else but it escapes me now.

Bentley needs sunglasses and a hat.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
I woke up way too early this morning. Still plenty dark out.

I moved my cars, boat, etc around again Monday, to get the kennel out, and the old dog kennel is now sold and gone. Yay!

Yesterday I went to help a friend wire up his car. He wasn't quite ready but we did do some good.
After I wired the engine I realized he didn't have the rubber mounts in place, so I unwired it and removed the engine.
I will have to go back.

Now I have access to all my hardware again, and the shed is taking shape inside.
I can get back to the woodwork for a bit. Varnish is gonna dry fast because the heat is on.

It was over 100F yesterday and will be so today. High 90's after.
The virus is surely toast here.

Gasoline has gone from $4.60 to $2.79 for 91 octane.
But there is a shortage of beef. None at Walmart yesterday except hamburger.
A few East Coast brands are still missing. There was no Angry Orchard. ;(

But there was lots of TP and 16 kinds of Mexican beer. Our local Walmart stocks a lot of alcohol.

Good morning. Cloudy, but no rain. Temp is 65 with no wind.

We will start a slow warming trend to day. By the weekend we should be mid 80s. Next week warmer yet.

Yesterday I went to three different stores looking for a new leash for the puppy. I didn't buy a leash yet, but I did get some netting to put up at the condo so he doesn't squeeze through the vertical slats on the deck. The drop to the ground is about 15 feet. Hopefully he will be too big soon.

Grocery shopping today. I might even stop in one of the local gun shops for some ammo.

Ya'll have a great day.

I took my wife to Lowes this AM and bought 4 new gates and some studs.
It was 100F as I was unloading my truck, and I heard a kitten mewing inside my boat.
I have moved this boat 4 times this week so I imagine the momma has lost track.
Now my wife is arranging a cat rescue.

106F predicted today, and mass hysteria predicted at Lowes.

We actually scored a great parking spot in the shade, and you should have seen the mayhem that ensued as we loaded up the truck.
People were maneuvering like idiots to get that spot, and I could feel the cursing as I stopped to wash my hands before I got into the truck.

Of course the traffic jam kept me from exiting completely before some idiot barged through, almost smacking my truck as I attempted to go forward again.

Anyhow, buy stock in Lowes. They have been selling like mad.

Good morning fellas. It is very foggy this morning , maybe a half mile visibility. The temp is 63 and no wind.

I got out yesterday for some groceries. Traffic is about like it was back in early February and gas prices are up about a quarter a gallon from a couple of weeks ago.

Be safe and have a great day.

Some words to the wise. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B: Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

If you're in a gun fight:
1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be moving,
3. If you're not moving', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about? (Called being prepared)

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family

Good morning everyone. Glory be, the sky is clear this morning. Just a very slight breeze and 63. The high later will be 81.

We are going to the lake this afternoon for a couple of days. Should be a nice weekend weather wise. Last weekend there were lots of folks at the marina. This weekend probably not quite the same.

I hope you all have a great day.

I'm all excited...my new CC revolver is on the truck for delivery. If i can hold out until this afternoon I may make it.

Attachments

• Taurus 692_3 inch 5_20_20.jpg
    Taurus 692_3 inch 5_20_20.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
Good Morning folks.

You can't get a parking spot at our Lowes & I drove 20 miles cross-town to get gate hardware which our Lowes was sold out of. No problem parking there, and I got everything, PLUS it was cheaper than our Lowes.

I watched a MC cop get spit at in the parking lot of that Lowes by some homeless looking dude with a shopping cart as I was tying down my new gates. I guess he'd actually been shopping down the street, and the store owner called because he'd taken the shopping cart.
It got loud, and evidently the cop told the guy to turn around (with much gesticulation) and return the cart or go to jail. Now the cop is wearing a helmet and gloves, but no mask. The guy is giving him a hard time. The cop pushes his mike button and I hear some cop jargon, and a cruiser pulls into Lowes from the opposite direction within seconds.

I have stopped tying knots and I'm watching the perp's head spin around as he hears the first car's PA whoop one time. He knows he's screwed now.

The cart thief is wearing a mask, and he pulls it down and spits at the cop. Spits right at his face from about 5 feet and probably misses. The cop was a bit stunned and took half a step back. The perp panics bigtime.

The idiot starts to run from the cops, sideways toward me, pushing the cart over like a lunatic. The guy on the motorcycle takes two steps, grabs the guy, and yanks him right off his feet.

As I left, he was still face down on the hot pavement (it's been over 100F for days) and it appeared the new cops (both in masks) were going to keep him down there for a bit. Maybe they were discussing whether they should call the ambulance or the nuthouse.

Good morning everyone. It is a BEAUTIFUL day here.

Anyone else fired up to watch the space launch today?? But looking at the weather today...I think it will be scrubbed.

Liftoff at 3:22 EST.

Good morning everyone. Clear and 63 and old glory is hanging limp. That would be the flag, lol.

Centuriator, I watched it. Man that was a beautiful sight to behold.

Hombre, did your new CCR get to you ?

Pawpaw, +1.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Another beautiful morning here, headed out to the gunclub for some gunpowder therapy this morning with the Mossberg. Funny, I almost hate using any ammo. Have not been out for nearly 12 weeks.

Good morning MOers. Clear skies and 66 with a southerly breeze . The past two days we had perfect weather.

We'll be heading home about midday.

Back