• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. We had a good Independence Day. We had a few rain showers but that did not dampen any spirits, no pun intended. We had a nice air show and fireworks display. I'll try to post some video.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today will be another lovely California classic with Sunny skies, highs in the low 90s, and mild breezes.

I spent a good amount of time soaking my trees down last night and the huge illegal display of fireworks that I expected was even larger and stupider than ever.

I heard several fire alarms go off before midnight but nothing major happened. There was lots of gun smoke in the air but no wood smoke to speak of.

I see that Kanye West is again touting his desire to run for president. This looks to me like a positive thing for President Trump because it will split the hip-hop & virtue signaling BLM sympathizer folks away from the Democrat party.

They would not vote for Trump, and they certainly hate the idea of voting for white racist police supporter (in their minds) Biden.

I expect this might actually turn as much as 2%~3% of the total vote away from Biden. Hopefully other splinter candidates will try to enter the race, and further erode the Democratic Party support for Biden.

Now AFAIK, officially it is too late for Kanye to get on the ballot in most places; but because he’s a billionaire, I expect that he could make it happen by using money and racial animus.

But the good news is that even if other candidates cannot officially be on the ballot in many places, they can still stage write-in campaigns.

California of course is totally lost to the Republican party. Their new plan is to send out 10 million paper ballots to every registered voter in the state.

If you check the news you will find that people have been moving out of California at an alarming rate. Their houses are being rented/bought by local people who are desperate to find real estate in a very expensive market. Those people may not be US citizens or they may be prohibited from voting for other reasons; and the voting materials they receive will be certified for another individual who is no longer there.

Nothing physical will prevent them from being used illegally.

Our county is typical of the way voting is handled in California and every time there is a big hassle with counting provisional ballots and mail-in ballots and too-late late mail-in ballots which some court has to decide to count (or not count) before a winner is announced.

I am not kidding. It is always a big hassle with people fighting over stolen ballots and things being discovered at the last minute and things being discovered too late to count.

With the new mandated 100% mail in ballot coronavirus election procedure, The 2020 California elections will be the biggest criminal fraud in worldwide voting history.

I just hope that eventually enough evidence of what happens surfaces to embarrass miscreants.

Morning everyone. My 4th this year was the best I have had for years. I quit drinking in 1995. Not a let down. It got me a good job driving a city bus for good money, for 5 years. Then later several good driving jobs NOT in the public domain. That was a good year.

Then in 2001 my Dad passed on the 4th of July. It has been a rough holiday ever since, up until this year. I got an invite from my ex partner from when I worked at the city doing work for the health Dept and police Dept . She and her new hubby had a small get together, and as it turned out, she wanted me to meet him because they were still newly weds. But, HE wanted me there to talk guns, with him and her Brother whom I knew from when I worked at the Sheriffs dept. She ( the ex partner, not her brother, hehehehe, ) is a liberal with a ccw. They have lively conversations all the time. Anyway, he reloads shotshells and is just starting to shoot his Buffalo Classic with his own reloads. Nice guy. I got the open invite...come whenever ya want. It is in my old neighborhood, 1 block from where I grew up...but a lot has changed since then.

I ate too much, drank too much soda and ate too much. My jaws hurt from talkin so much.
I messed up. I have to dig through the spilled shrimp balls and tater chips that have taken up residence between the seats and underneath on the floor of my car. Somehow I have missed them when i cleaned once before and now, I have to clean all that out to look for the 2 357 cartridges I spilled when emptying my gun after I crossed into IL. I stuck my hand under the seat later and felt something shaking my hand. Maybe it was shrimp that had evolved into a dry land mermaid and needs help getting out from under the seat. I dunno...I dunno.

It was a good 4th this year. 19 years since Dad died and that's long enough to stew. I'm having fun now. I found 2 new shooting partners, and we all belong to the same club. AND, my former partner shoots too. Maybe she can teach me something.

I'm anxious for their next party. She can cook, and he and I can gab. Maybe he will even put a canopy over the gossip fence. It was hot in the sun.

OH, I just bought a small generator to use to power my electric smoker. Can't plug in here at the apartments. Maybe now I can make that delicious smoked ham and pork roasts everyone talks about.

Later.
h

Morning everyone. My 4th this year was the best I have had for years. . . .

'Mornin' Hombre . . .well Kinda noonish. It was a 3 day thing here & folks are still setting off random cherry bombs (and maybe a grenade simulator last night.)

I stuck my hand under the seat later and felt something shaking my hand . . .

Eeeeewwwww!

Once, I stuck my handflesh on a sharp hog ring and couldn't pull it out. Of course I was driving at the time. After that I decided anything loose on the floor was an emergency and I would just pull off & stop the car.

It was a good 4th this year. 19 years since Dad died and that's long enough to stew. I'm having fun now. . .

Then Congratulations are in order!

BTW, I just had this hangover-daydream where Kanye West ran as Prez trump's VP, and all across the country people's heads nearly explode off their shoulders and launch into space.

'Mornin' Hombre . . .well Kinda noonish. It was a 3 day thing here & folks are still setting off random cherry bombs (and maybe a grenade simulator last night.)

Eeeeewwwww!

Once, I stuck my handflesh on a sharp hog ring and couldn't pull it out. Of course I was driving at the time. After that I decided anything loose on the floor was an emergency and I would just pull off & stop the car.

Then Congratulations are in order!

I am celebrating my new freedom by prettying up some used 357 brass. I will have it dried by about 1030 pm...830pm your time, and primed and ready to load tomorrow.

I have not been loading at all and so I am hoarding my ammo in case of . . . Well you know what.

I’ve been trying to help my Mrs. with some little household projects plus build some shelves in my shed.

Good morning all of you. 75 and sunny. We will be heading home today.

Hombre, glad to hear you had a good 4th. Reuniting with friends and enjoying yourself.

Cadd, glad you didn't have to call the fire department. Lots of fireworks around here but we are not so dry. As a matter of fact, we had several substantial showers over the weekend.

I have not been able to upload video of the air show or fireworks. Hopefully I can do that at home on the computer.

I hope you all have a great day.

Happy Monday Mossberg Owners.

Sunday night was as quiet as a mouse here. I know other places were not so lucky.
Portland Oregon has had 38 days of protests. They had riots 3 days last week, and maybe last night.

Here there have been a few police shootings, but no reports of a "bad" collar or brutality.
There have been a few civilian shootings, but no race war BS. Ordinary greed, jealousy, drunks and crazy drug abusers.

Of a million people, we have lost only 75 in our county to covid since March, unless another soul passed last night. That's 0.000075 or 0.0075% death rate. My buddy who has recently had pneumonia claims he now has "the regular flu". I don't dare go see him, and he ain't going nowhere without an ambulance.

Today I have to try and get an appointment with the CHP to inspect my car. IF they are actually issuing appointments now, it will probably be about November.
I expect they'll brush me off like the DMV did: no new appointments until further notice. Because of this I am working on other projects and the new hobby car sits unloved.

I've always wanted one of these cars since the 70's, but now that I have one . . . . well . . . . just be careful what you wish for. ;)

Each greedy desire will come with a headache attached.

Yeah, I'm like that with the project I'm working on. I have always wanted a De Lisle Commando Carbine. I am only waiting on an official ATF signature. Do you want to guess how long that takes?

The gun is laying in pieces, I have HAND MADE a bunch of the pieces that I need to make for it also laying in pieces, yet, I am still waiting on the signature from the government to put it together.

I am so fed up with government agencies during this covid what has become bs. You can loot, riot, tear down monuments and the government tells the police, no, orders the police to stand down.

Yet law abiding citizens can't conduct business because the b$&@-stards won't do their jobs. Grocery stores are open, as are many other "essential" businesses, yet these government agency pussies close their doors and put people's lives on hold. I bet if they weren't getting paid they would be open for business.

Same for the news media. Shut them down with no pay and they would have a different outlook.

Ok, rant over for now.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. It is 1:22 AM and I am just sitting up with a case of barbecue indigestion.

I listened to the president’s entire July 3rd speech at Mount Rushmore, And it was pretty gung-ho. I was well impressed.

Famous leftist miscreants called it divisive and racist. Particularly the part About how wonderful America is, that he lifted from earlier Obama speeches. (I did not check that but it is what it was claimed on the news.)

I think half the people in America have become so ridiculously sensitive that you cannot say a certain word or make a certain gesture or laugh at a certain joke in front of them without setting off trouble. After that they will either run or fight, but they are no longer capable of reason at that point.

They see you as the unreasonable person because you used a word that makes their head explode.

President Trump said a lot of those words, and a lot of people were screaming Monday about how racist he was.

Over the course of American history, a lot of men have used the government to shield their illegal racist activities from public view. The leftist media wish us to believe that President Trump is such a man, but nothing could be more apparently further from the truth.

President Trump has been using the government to uncover the immoral and illegal activities of others. This of course has shady people in all parties concerned. None of them wish to be called to task for the past indiscretions and crimes.

Also I am starting to view the business with Kanye West running for president as a good thing for President Trump. He will get a certain segment of the society all excited to go and vote for him, but he will drop out (Or never officially run at all) and his cadre will not bother to vote for Biden or anyone else in their disappointment.

Good morning. It was 76 at 7am and humid as all get out. We'll be hot and humid through the weekend.

I am to the point I am no longer receptive to a conversation with liberals. I don't want to know what kind of jello they like, what their favorite color is, or what kind of music they like. In other words, I have no use for them at all. I can throw all of the rino republicans onto that dung heap as well.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

. . . I am to the point I am no longer receptive to a conversation with liberals. I don't want to know what kind of jello they like, what their favorite color is, or what kind of music they like. In other words, I have no use for them at all. I can throw all of the rino republicans onto that dung heap as well . . .

Meanie, somehow I married a dyed-in-the-wool unionist, and I hate unions. My wife has been in the teachers union over 30 years and there is nothing that can be done about that. The CTA hates Trump, and If I include, in any sentence, the word Trump, I can be assured of a lengthy rant.

Since we are married I can absorb this, but I’ll be damned if I’ll take it from anyone else.

If you feel like you are taking something unreasonable, it should not be allowed from the ones closest to you either. I have a few simple rules, I guess you could call them.

If you don't think I'd take some specific treatment from a stranger, you should know me well enough to know that I'm not going to take it from anyone else either.

Well, I almost missed today. Too late for good morning or even afternoon, so good evening.

We had mid 90s today and a tad humid. I managed to take a short ride on the motorcycle today. I rode about 30 miles and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

The old Kawasaki is almost old school. Carburetors and petcock, but electronic ignition. It's an '86 model, sort of a tweener. It's one of the first sport touring bikes.

That's about all I managed to accomplish today.

Ya'll enjoy what's left of this day.

Good morning. 80 and cloudy with thunderstorms bearing down on us. It looks like the north side of town will get the brunt of storm.

I have an appointment in two hours to take my car in for a recall. It seems there is a relay that could stick resulting in a fire. It should take about an hour.

We are still having high temps in the mid to upper 90s daily. They say next week will be hotter. Good grief.

Well, you all have a great day.

Back