• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

So far nobody normally in our close association has been ill or had a neg test.
My wife is worried because of her health, yet maybe not enough about some things.

But since her doggies are coming in and out, she is mopping twice a day & since her cats are basically walking fur balls, she's vacuuming every day as well.

Since we are working outdoors in the heat, and indoors too when it's too hot, we are doing a ton of laundry.

I'm touching fish food, and sticking my hands in aquariums every day, so I am washing with med soap frequently.

But nobody's washing every package coming into the house. Usually outer wrappings on many things are discarded, but it's not always practical.

I've been bringing home lumber and hardware etc twice a week, and that stuff isn't getting decontaminated.

I've brought Judy dozens of bags of garden soil and amendments and nobody's worried about that.

But our folks are all gone , and we don't have to worry about infecting others much.

Here is some irony. Folks in Oklahoma needing a medical procedure usually wait 4 to 5 days, sometimes even 7 to get test results for covid. This evening the local news reported all 98 Universty of Oklahoma football players and 30 staff members tested negative for covid 19.

THEY were tested YESTERDAY and had results TODAY.

When you get the test you have to remain isolated (quarantined) until it's time for your procedure. If for some reason the test does not get reported on time then no procedure. Start over, reschedule, another covid test, hopefully the stars align.

Last edited:
Good morning from Grand Lake. It's warm (85) and humid under scattered cirrus clouds.

Not sure what I'll do today. whatever it is will most likely be out of the sun.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

G'moanin' y'all.

Thought for the day:

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory."
upload_2020-7-17_11-25-30.jpeg
Jeff Cooper

Good evening Guys.
It's been 100F by noon every day and that has sent me outdoors early each day to work on The Great American Mancave Auxiliary Annex (known colloquially as the new toolshed.) I've delayed the morning internet BS (at the least) until it's too hot outside to work.

I now have put up all the new joists and shelves and brackets. The pegboards and trim are up. I bought $50 in pegboard hooks and have been populating the little holes quickly. My heavy duty 40 year old DIY drafting board is now installed as a work bench. The torch cart & bottles are in. The tool cabinet is moved in. All my router tools and spade bits and twist bits and driver bits are in place. I have some basic lighting and outlets, a clock, a thermometer, a radio and a phone charger. No beer cooler yet though, and no TIG welder yet.

I'm sorting thru my collection of hardware as I move it in and there's a lot. I would have liked a bigger shed for it all, but this was the largest I could logically install on the available spot.

I still have room for a carport roof. Or boatyard roof, as it were. I have an irregular trapezoid of concrete at the boatyard 50' long and 22' wide at one end, but only 14' at the other end, which is the gate to my front drive. I want it tall enough that I can put a car lift under it. That's about 12 feet. I'm still hoping to get some solar panels up there too. It's silly not to have them, as much as we use the AC on sunny days.

Good evening Guys.
Another 100+ day in the dry days of July.

Today I had to service my water softener. Then I continued fixing up my shed, and I cut up all my scrap and leftover lumber to make a plinth for my small anvil.
I just haven't found the right stumpwood for it, as everyone cuts them too short for a tall plinth.
I was going to toss a lot of this lumber, as it was used and rather ugly, but this turned out to be the perfect use.

Good morning you all. All of the predictions for 100+ temps the past two weeks have fallen short. Usually between 3 and 5 degrees. I know that doesn't sound like much, but we were forecast to be in triple digits about 8 or 9 of the past 14 days and we have not been there yet. One or two of those days turned out to barely top 90 due to rain which was not forecast.

Anyways, a new week with forecast highs in the mid to high 90s, no 100s.

Have a great day.

I don't know exactly that the temps have been here, but it's been pretty miserable. Aside from the heat, it's a humid muggy heat.

I put laundry out on the line around 11AM. Denim, etc. By 3:30, they were bone dry. And felt like they had just came out of the washer.

It's been scorchers the last several weeks here.

We've been a bit cooler, high 90's, but no rain. I spent today wrestling with a stiff cable and lots of 2x4s, building a plinth for my anvil.
I mounted the anvil and wacked it a couple times. I think this might actually work.
No photo yet. I'm too tired to go back out for that now. ;)

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It’s 9 AM and I’ve been out here cleaning up the boat yard since 6 AM. Time for a break.

OK this is my little homemade anvil and the plinth that I made out of scrap wood and cable. It actually weighs more than the anvil, which is only about 25 pounds.
6DAA6188-3448-4747-914A-5AFC64E52263.jpeg

This is just for miscellaneous use, & I don’t expect I’ll be forging any farm implements out here.

Good evening..
... Got two boxes of 9mm m39 ammo dated 1953 for free...
Fellmann, pretty neat. You should go back to
http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/whats-the-oldest-box-u-have.15825/page-3
and post that pick over there.

Your last entry was
index.php

and I don't think that Winchester is old as 1953.

Good morning...this was sent to me via email. I tried it. Please watch and test it yourself. Not sure it isnt just generated by some bot but it is interesting to think about.

https://www.facebook.com/lenssens.marc/videos/3136747493086019/?t=0
Good evening..

Im low on cash and ammo, so i take what i can find :D Got two boxes of 9mm m39 ammo dated 1953 for free. Shot a mag of these from the same stash on saturday, and they ran flawlessly..

View attachment 23624

I got a partial box of WW1 45 acp from my Gramps when he passed away. Headstamps are 1917. Box disintegrated when I opened it. I have the ammo in a marble bag. I fired 3 rounds. Worked perfectly.

I don't see any big whoops about the numbers either. Like i said, I suspect it is probably just a bot. But, one that is programmed to toss out an article...fake news...that is associated with any number placed in context with the phrase, new cases. Type in a number and then babies born...see what happens. I will too just to keep you honest.

What are you guys doing on Facebook?
That's like joining the cult of the self absorbed.

I eventually got them to delete my account, after about 10 years.
Or, at least they say they did.
My trust is in the low single digits there.

Back