1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Good morning

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by meanstreak, May 10, 2017.

1. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Actually traffic courts here are pretty lenient. The bummer is that I don't have a title to this car in my name, and I need to do some work on it. I need to spend some real money and time, and it's not quite legally mine.

I've been working on lots of other projects, waiting on the state, but the waiting isn't for ever. I'm going to put it back on the road in August, just to drive it, titled correctly or not.
    It may not be entirely perfect by then, but I have the bits to make it reasonably roadworthy.
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Boot camp for dogs? LOL Judy would never let go for 3 weeks.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. Centuriator

Centuriator .270 WIN

Obligatory weather report: hot and much more humid. Scattered rain and storms through the evening. While it won't rain in one spot all day, we'll have scattered storms and some downpours in the region from afternoon through evening.

OK, now...Good Afternoon.

No protests here in our area. Usual collection of murders and shootings and robberies in the city (where I work). I never leave home without a weapon accessible.

Meanwhile...that's it.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

The history of Jack Schitt

Pawpaw and meanstreak like this.
  5. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Lol, yep. He left home a teenager and came home a young man. The three weeks were difficult for us. I'm glad it's behind us.
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  6. meanstreak

Good morning . More rain today and temps in the mid 80s. Both are welcome this time of year.

You all have a great day and stay safe.
  7. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Judy has a visiting dog training consultant: Shelly Holmes.
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I just watched the official police video of this morning’s trash heap, which was last night’s Portland riot.

I think we can easily see who the real pigs in Portland are.
  9. meanstreak

Good morning everyone. Mostly clear and about 75 degrees. Another beauty of a day shaping up for the dog and myself.

image.jpeg

He is about a foot away from me taking a nap.

Ya'll have a great day.
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  10. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

America's burning question this morning:

Who to blame?
    ('cause ya jus' gotta!)

. . . and how to nail the muther?
    blame.jpg
    meanstreak likes this.
  11. Centuriator

Centuriator .270 WIN

Good morning. Shaping up to be an unseasonably cool day, high only 85.

Last night in STL only two killings by shooting and several other shootings. No protests, just the usual criminal mayhem.
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

Good day..

A shotgun for home defense ? Alright... :D

meanstreak and CaddmannQ like this.
  13. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

(Hmmm . . . it needs a crewman to feed the belts straight.)

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
    All quiet in Clovis last night. I live close to the firehouse, and no alarms woke me. I have another day of woodworking planned, & I might be working on this desk hutch for another week.

Since it's custom built, I can make it however I like, but after a couple weeks I realize that I have other projects to do, so it's not going to get fancy.
    I have to make some relief cuts with the router and do some basic joinery. I don't have a plane or a dado set, so that complicates things somewhat.
    I might do a little veining with the table router. I bolted my smaller router under the 10" table saw apron, and that's my router table too.

To avoid the heat I've been getting up before 5, but I can't do any noisy routing etc until 8AM, living in the 'burbs.
    I'm going to go scuff and varnish for a while. It's going to have about 8 coats of rub-on poly, but scuffed & buffed each time.
    Once the temp comes up, I can't do a full coat before it's almost dry.

I never envisioned myself working in retirement so much. I just didn't understand the need to create, and just the need to keep moving to stave off old age.

You all have a great day, and keep chuggin. ;)
    meanstreak likes this.
  14. meanstreak

Good Monday morning each of you. We are having cool dry weather ourselves. Looks like highs all week in the 80s with lows at night in the uppers 50s and low 60s. This is pretty much unheard of around here in early August.

Anyways, have a great day.
  15. Ernst

Ernst .270 WIN Supporter "Philanthropist"

Little inspirational song this morning. It's to bad our peaceful protesters and over paid kneeling athletes don't understand the meaning of these words.

meanstreak likes this.
  16. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

5E307E92-91E0-45C4-94E9-AC5041F44A5A.jpeg
    This was from the Tucker Carlson show that I could not get to play on YouTube.
    meanstreak likes this.
  17. meanstreak

Good morning to you all. The temp when I got up was about 60, looking for low 80s this afternoon.

No surprise about Clinton. I would imagine he was up to his eyes in all of that.

The protesters are spoiled brats that have no respect, as are most athletes and celebrities. I bet if folks turned off tv for a month some of the athletes and celebrities would change their tune. Without folks watching there will be no sponsors. No sponsors no high salaries.