• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Thank you SR.

I'm near Millerton lake, so Isabella's a bit far for a day trip with kids. I imagine it'll be busy too, as we have Eastman, Hensley, Millerton, Pine Flat, Kirchoff, Reddinger, Shaver, Huntington, Pine Flat, Big Creek, Balsam Meadows, Avocado and others within a short drive, but all are now restricted.

I'm hoping that with increasing containment Pine Flat will reopen, but the firemen and rangers don't need another fire or any search and rescue issues right now. Everybody's been on max OT for a long time.

Good morning all. Clear skies, 65, and about a 15 mph breeze from the south. Later we should reach the mid 80s and rain showers and thunderstorms could develope. It will seem more like a spring day than a fall day.

I hope you all have a great day.

Bought some new stuff yesterday. Some mag / gear pouches for sprox $155. :D
I put some mags in them and a flashlight in the first bigger one just for display.
I will probably use the bigger one for a TQ.
Everybody probably recognizes the HSGI stuff. ( $43 for a polymer pistol taco )
The other ones are SnigelDesign ( a Swedish brand - simple, effective, tough and affordable) ( $18 for a mag pouch )
The Swedish armed forces uses SnigelDesign products such as vests, plate carriers, pouches and bags.

Link: https://www.snigel.se/

The SnigelDesign pouches are grey or olive green but the camera dont show the colors correctly ( no sun today, just rain ) and the olive pouches look brown-ish.

20200927_155223_1024.jpg
20200927_155152_1024.jpg
20200927_155213_1024.jpg
20200927_155157_1024.jpg
20200927_155201_1024.jpg

Have a nice day everybody

Last edited:
Good afternoon morning fellows.

Well today I finally built the ridge bar for the dog kennel canopy.
2AE0558B-57FA-4180-A0AE-77A10804FE2A.jpeg
I had to weld this last, as it was manufactured to fit. I wanted it to tighten the canvas up just right, but I’m not the one that sewed the canvas, so I had to make the frame adjustable somehow.

This is a piece of half inch EMT, I curved with a conduit bender, and trimmed to fit. The little brackets welded on the end came from my mom’s old lazy boy recliner.
878AD5AB-8EEA-4B73-9B9E-B519DAAC7BE2.jpeg
The canvas tightened up just right.

I have been wanting to do some upholstery work for my project cars and I was looking to buy a professional walking foot sewing machine. After looking at the stitch work on this canvas I realized I could’ve done a better job myself. Also I had to wait a long time to get it done. Those guys seem to be very busy.

But a really good upholstery sewing machine is $800~$1000 used.

Honestly I don't have a problem with this, I think Ruger will do a good job. Was kinda' hoping this would happen actually.

I am glad this happened. Not that I dislike Remington, it is that I dislike how crappy Remington treated the Marlin acquisition. They improved sind then, from what I hear, but Marlin isn't a Marlin anymore. And Remmies aren't as good as they used to be. But, no one is making guns as good as they used to, so maybe this will be an improvement across the Ruger line. They now possess 2 of the best lines in the industry.

Veterans-Day.jpg
It is the VETERAN, not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the journalist,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the tv anchor,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the protester organizer,
who has given us the freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trail.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN, not Biden,
who has never and will never take a lid

It is the VETERAN, not Biden,
who fights to keep our freedom, not sell them to the highest bidder

It is indeed, the VETERAN, not Biden,
who has and always will have our love, support and thanks.

Way too late to say good morning to you guys, but I decided on a few Christmas gifts for my youngest son this year considering he's 14 now. I think he'll enjoy and appreciate being able to build his own knives. Of course the blades are already forged obviously but he'll get to do all the finish work and make some grips and stuff to complete them. I believe that he'd enjoy that and maybe learn a few things doing it too. I have no problem letting him work with his hands and learn how to actually do stuff, unlike some parents today that lets the internet raise their kids for them.

I got him a small skinner knife for squirrels and a large skinner/hunter knife blade for the bigger stuff.

We'll also be making the sheaths for them. Probably out of kydex instead of leather, but I'm trying to start him out easy and let him work his way up if he continues being interested as he gets more hands on.

detail.jpg

bl076_2.jpg

Way too late to say good morning to you guys, but I decided on a few Christmas gifts for my youngest son this year considering he's 14 now. I think he'll enjoy and appreciate being able to build his own knives. Of course the blades are already forged obviously but he'll get to do all the finish work and make some grips and stuff to complete them. I believe that he'd enjoy that and maybe learn a few things doing it too. I have no problem letting him work with his hands and learn how to actually do stuff, unlike some parents today that lets the internet raise their kids for them.

I got him a small skinner knife for squirrels and a large skinner/hunter knife blade for the bigger stuff.

We'll also be making the sheaths for them. Probably out of kydex instead of leather, but I'm trying to start him out easy and let him work his way up if he continues being interested as he gets more hands on.

I started out with CVA kits. One is a big skinner knife with a Japanese wood of some kind. It needed some grinder work and a lot of polishing. Then iI made some Green River bladed knives. A camp knife, a patch knife and a Filet knife. Hours of enjoyment.

Good evening to yous. Pretty good weather this week for late early November. We are expecting rain later tonight and tomorrow. Maybe thunderstorms.

This was supposed to be Wannemacher Gun Show weekend in Tulsa. Damn you Covid, first the April show, now this. I guess I will save some money after all.

Have a great evening.

Good evening to yous. Pretty good weather this week for late early November. We are expecting rain later tonight and tomorrow. Maybe thunderstorms.

This was supposed to be Wannemacher Gun Show weekend in Tulsa. Damn you Covid, first the April show, now this. I guess I will save some money after all.

Have a great evening.

That rain came and went, it was heavy at times but I barely stirred...

Better days @ Wanenmacher`s in 2018

102_9556.JPG

Good morning to yous. Cloudy and mid 50s, but the rain has ended for the time being. We could reach the low 70s by mid afternoon, and we could have more rain. Then again, maybe not, lol. Is it science, or is it art ?

Anyways, have a great day.

Back