• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Happy Monday . . . And I say that as only a retired guy with a steady income can say it.

it seems that my knee has returned to normal or nearly so and I am getting around quite well. Yesterday I was able to climb up around in the shed and straighten things up and move a lot of heavy stuff.

There were several things that I was hoping to get done before the end of this year and it is clear to me now that they are not going to get done.

It is also becoming clear to me that those things were not nearly as important as I was making them, and so I’m not going to feel defeated in any way by this.

It does look like I’m going to get to see most of my family at Christmas, and right now that is the only thing that I really care about.

Happy Monday . . . And I say that as only a retired guy with a steady income can say it.

it seems that my knee has returned to normal or nearly so and I am getting around quite well. Yesterday I was able to climb up around in the shed and straighten things up and move a lot of heavy stuff.

There were several things that I was hoping to get done before the end of this year and it is clear to me now that they are not going to get done.

It is also becoming clear to me that those things were not nearly as important as I was making them, and so I’m not going to feel defeated in any way by this.

It does look like I’m going to get to see most of my family at Christmas, and right now that is the only thing that I really care about.
Yeah,retirement!8ACA1CD9-B7CA-4606-84FD-011BB9620060.png

Cadd, you have your priorities in order.

Thank you Meanie.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
I have some Christmas prep still to do. I will need to buy some more food.
Nothing else going on really.

After the holidays I think I will take a trip to the desert.
I need to unplug for a while. Arizona might be nice.

You all have a nice day.

Yep,a good morning so far..got the title transferred on the car my mom gifted me for Christmas. She’s 86 and had a stroke a couple years back, and finally decided she didn’t need to drive anymore. So, here’s the keys,see ya later son.. 2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback 2024 original miles. Still has half a tank of gas from when she filled up. Last February lol charged the battery, half a can of Seafoam bye bye mom,hello new car..lol now to break it in..00C99E71-C6B4-4F2B-8A8A-91FD1AB9DA25.jpeg

Good morning everyone. Today is bright, sunny skies, and relatively warm. High today is supposed to be high 60s, maybe even 70.

Nice wheels there Rod. I have a Hyundai Elantra, 2008 with 160,000 miles on it. I can count on 35-36 mpg on the highway, well, two lane. Running 65 or less. I bought it 11 years ago with 40,000 miles on it. It's been a great car for what it is.

Hombre, that's a nice supply of beer you have made. Nice hobby and useful too.

Good morning everyone. Today is bright, sunny skies, and relatively warm. High today is supposed to be high 60s, maybe even 70.

Nice wheels there Rod. I have a Hyundai Elantra, 2008 with 160,000 miles on it. I can count on 35-36 mpg on the highway, well, two lane. Running 65 or less. I bought it 11 years ago with 40,000 miles on it. It's been a great car for what it is.
Thanks Mean. I bought my wife a 2014 Elantra that she drove until we traded it in on her current 2017 Elantra. She’s put over 65k on that one so far. We had a rough running when cold,issue right out of the chute, that Hyundai refused to deal with, so she just kept driving it. On both of our long summer drives before COVID, of 2200+ and 4500+ miles, that stupid thing got between 45 and 48 mpg, even at those 80mph speed limits in the western states. Lol I guess a few minutes of running lean in the morning isn’t so bad after all..I didn’t have a car when I retired, had a company truck for over 20 years, so I got a used Kia Rio that has been trouble free and will get an extended life now, as a spare car..hope you had a great Christmas.

@Rodburner She's a real clean looker alright.

Traditionally, I have always spent too much on cars and bikes, plus put in a lot of labor, to have customized stuff.

It kept me out of the bars. ;) But I do have quite a few scars to show for my efforts.

I managed to be quite reckless and yet avoid death and mayhem, through lots of luck when skill was absent.

You get to be a hotshoe by surviving your mistakes, and I made them.

But now I'm looking at my collection of vehicles thinking of a seachange in my thinking.

@Rodburner She's a real clean looker alright.

Traditionally, I have always spent too much on cars and bikes, plus put in a lot of labor, to have customized stuff.

It kept me out of the bars. ;) But I do have quite a few scars to show for my efforts.

I managed to be quite reckless and yet avoid death and mayhem, through lots of luck when skill was absent.

You get to be a hotshoe by surviving your mistakes, and I made them.

But now I'm looking at my collection of vehicles thinking of a seachange in my thinking.
I’ve always “customized “ my vehicles until the new wife put the kibosh on that nonsense.lol but yeah,kept me out of bars. I don’t drive much anyway, only put 6k on the Rio in 2.5 years, so this basically new Hyundai will last me the rest of my life, mile wise..the wife does all the driving on trips, she loves to drive, so I just kick back and enjoy the sights..and when my stepson turns 25, I will begin saving a little money on insurance. Very little..hahaha

Good morning all of yous. Yesterday the skies were blue, as they are now, no wind to speak of and 69 degrees. Today will be a high of 60-61 and increasing winds with the approach of a cold front. Still, not a bad day, not at all.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Well it seems I have bitten something I shouldn’t have and cracked a tooth. I’m going to be calling my dentist in the morning.

Good evening Mossberg Owners. It would be a lot more difficult but I have a bottle of Jack Daniels to tide me over. When that tooth broke I just about shot through the roof.
I "liked", just to say...OUCH! Hope you get it fixed soon.

Back