• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Be careful with a small wire and switch. Make sure you fuse it because if you use a cutoff switch at/from the battery, the entire current of the battery will flow through it before going to the starter and everywhere else.

If you're not careful, you'll have a raging inferno.

I am looking at heavy duty battery switches designed specifically for this task and 4 gauge battery wire.

Good morning. Still cloudy here with 32 degrees. Friday and Saturday are looking nice with a forecast of 58 and 63. At least that is something to look forward to.

We have a gun show in town but most likely I will pass . I don't want to push my luck in a crowd.

You all have the best day ya can.

Mike, kinda spendy, but something like this? View attachment 24523
I could kill myself pretty easily if I installed something like that in mine. I drive a 20-year old hybrid for now and the electrical system is having issues, so the 12v up front will drain while I'm driving some of the time. It's not a problem if I recharge it at home and don't do road trips in it. That little device looks like it'll happily cut off my entire electrical system while I'm doing 85.
The issue is that the hybrid battery is completely shot, I'm working on replacing it currently and that should fix all the problems I'm having. Then I can sell it and get a Crown Victoria.

I could kill myself pretty easily if I installed something like that in mine. I drive a 20-year old hybrid for now and the electrical system is having issues, so the 12v up front will drain while I'm driving some of the time. It's not a problem if I recharge it at home and don't do road trips in it. That little device looks like it'll happily cut off my entire electrical system while I'm doing 85.
The issue is that the hybrid battery is completely shot, I'm working on replacing it currently and that should fix all the problems I'm having. Then I can sell it and get a Crown Victoria.
My mom had a hybrid Sonata when she moved back from Yuma and it didn’t like Tacoma AT ALL..lol she traded for the Accent I’m driving now. I hooked a battery tender jr. up to my spare car, directly to the battery with the cord hanging out the lower grill. I just plug it in once a week for a day to keep the Rio charged. My wife’s Dodge 3/4 ton trailer puller had the parasitic drain Mike mentioned, and we finally tracked the leak back to the electric brake controller installed by the trailer dealer. Always energized, always active. After I switched it out for my older electric/ hydraulic Tekonsha, no problems..lol she pulls it with a ‘burb now..

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It rained all night and it’s still raining a little bit. We expect it to keep going until Friday night. This means a lot of snow in the mountains so the reservoirs will fill up this year.

Mike there is a simple device that people put on race cars and all it is is a short battery cable and a plastic block that screws to the fender. You install it next to your battery and when you want to disconnect the car there’s a big plastic handle you pull out like a key. If you lose the key you can stick any piece of metal in there to make the truck run.

I have a Battery Tender Junior ($35) which I keep on my motorcycle all the time and I’ve had it for 10 years. I bought this bike in 2003 and it’s only on the second battery.

I have a much cheaper Black and Decker trickle charger ($16) that I use from time to time on other vehicles. I actually own three Schumacher 10amp battery chargers because of the electric boat.

Back when I lived in the great frozen north I used to have a battery charger on whenever the car was parked Overnight in the winter,and it also had a tank heater to warm the coolant.

None of that stuff is necessary here in the SJ Valley, because it only gets below freezing two days a year.

What does it cost to have that battery replaced?

I tried a little experiment yesterday. I found an interesting field modification that was made by a Ranger in the '90s or so, he made a chest rig out of ALICE gear by turning the belt so the buckle is in the back and attaching some shortened straps from spare barrel bags. Worn over body armor the clips don't dig into your chest.

r5dyioTT_o.jpg

I tried this with normal ALICE suspenders by tightening them up and it worked very well with MOLLE pouches, if using ALICE pouches without armor underneath I'd ditch the clips and use paracord or zip ties.

Here's mine:

IMG_20210127_165443.jpg

Having only grenade pouches mine looks a bit more like a bandolier than a chest rig, I adjusted it to sit around my stomach like those Chinese SKS bandoliers. It's a little more work to get it on but it's awesome having everything up front where I need it, especially with MOPP gear on.

Good morning. Warm, windy, and cloudy. We had light rain for about 8 hours, but it has ended and moved north.

We are at 54 now headed for mid 60s. Later a cold front moves through and our low tonight will be about 32.

You all have a great day.

Good Morning....er afternoon

Supposed to get some snow tonight so thinking about heading out to do a little Squirrel/rabbit hunting in the morning.

My wife made about 20 pounds of German bolagna. This is our first time making it. It's supposed to be cold smoked as per the recipe so I am trying to burning the chips using a couple sterno cans on the smoker grill, everything else seems to be too hot. I've never cold smoked anything before, I always have done the hot smoking technique.

Picking up a couple new toys in the next week.

I got lucky and found a Stevens 301 turkey 20G single shot in stock. It's waiting at the FFL for pickup. A buddy offered me a 20G 870 that his granddaughter had used for a few years turkey hunting. Its muddy girl pink but he also has the black stock set for it. I'll be picking that up next week.

Good afternoon. The skies have cleared. However, 40 miles north had tornado warnings from about 1:30 till 3 o'clock. The front will be here shortly , hopefully the air is dry enough that we don't have any of that nonsense.

Hopefully you do not!

Nothing like tornadoes or High winds or ugly weather here. It stopped raining this morning, the sun came out, and it was a beautiful day.

My wife spent most of the time outdoors puttering with her flowers and I changed 100+ gallons of water on my big aquarium system.

I also baked an apple pie that I cheated by using frozen pie crusts. Still it was excellent because I used a mixture of ambrosia apples and opal sweet apples, and those are just both delicious varieties.

No pictures of the pie but I did BBQ some very nice New York steaks, with string beans and potatoes. Those are seasoned with southwestern spices so they look a bit red.
5FB215A2-D6E8-4406-A899-22EB47983F0E.jpeg
I also made vegetable soup with smoked ham the other day. If the weather turns cold, I tend to make soup a lot.
137885EF-8A92-458E-85CF-744D3ADF6E63.jpeg

Serving suggestion!
642A77C8-E058-49AD-94C9-C43672CD1EE7.jpeg

Man the tubes of bologna brings back memories. I worked for a senior home meal delivery service for 5 years and while I was there i found that the people who i delivered to loved my homemade summer sausage. Once a month I made the rounds and sold about 20 lbs in half tubes. (1.5 lbs per half). Of course my reputation preceded me and the company found out and I had to stop because that was not in their food program and had too much fat and all I had no license. Blahblahblah. So I started delivering it on Saturdays. I never made bologna. Would you care to share a recipe? i still have many of the sausage skins that i would rather use than toss.
Thanks in advance
h

Back