• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good evening guys.

Well today I turned 66 and we had a lovely Easter dinner on my birthday. The kids and grandkids came over and brought me goodies, and it was great to see them all.

I’m supposed to take some of the grandkids fishing tomorrow morning. We will see how early they show up.

Good evening guys.

Well today I turned 66 and we had a lovely Easter dinner on my birthday. The kids and grandkids came over and brought me goodies, and it was great to see them all.

I’m supposed to take some of the grandkids fishing tomorrow morning. We will see how early they show up.
well, happy birthday. Hope your day after works out for you and the Gkids..

Happy belated Birthday Caddmanq.

I hope you had lots of cake and got a lot of hugs from the grandbabies. That always makes my day :)

edit: I also hope you guys catch a whole boat load of fish.

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy and 64. The high later today should be high 70s with a chance of thunder as well.

You all have a great day.

Good Morning, Mossies.
It will be getting about 80 here today. Definitely getting the Ninja on the road after noon.
Tonight will be the first Rifle Club meeting in about a year.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well thank you all for the age-related abuse. I don’t feel any older than 109 this AM.

Yesterday was a lovely day at the lake but we only managed to catch one trout.

The grandkids had a wonderful time and they got to learn something about boating and fishing.

One important thing they learned was to always check your gear.

We watched a fellow launch a boat with his son on it, and the kid took the boat away from the dock on the trolling motor. He goes still about 10 yards away from us and the propeller fell off his motor!

The kid is only nine years old and really has no idea what to do, and his dad looks like he’s about to go swimming and rescue him.

Anyhow we went back out and towed this big bass tracker in behind my little boat. I have had this boat 25 years, & I have never needed a tow. I have been towed before in rental boats, but this is the first time I ever had to tow someone else.

Anyhow my boat was perfect and we had very little wind and lovely sun for a day on the water. Being a Monday, the lake was particularly uncrowded.

Only two of the kids went with me yesterday and there they are on the dock.

2353FB03-2FB1-4AC0-95B8-177D4A1D398E.jpeg
Tegan, in red, is in college studying to be a veterinarian. Kaelyn, in the black shirt graduates HS in June, & has signed, up to join the Marine Corps.

We watched a fellow launch a boat with his son on it, and the kid took the boat away from the dock on the trolling motor. He goes still about 10 yards away from us and the propeller fell off his motor!

The kid is only nine years old and really has no idea what to do, and his dad looks like he’s about to go swimming and rescue him.

Anyhow we went back out and towed this big bass tracker in behind my little boat. ... this is the first time I ever had to tow someone else.

Well, in my part of the country when you make your way back towards shore with your rescue in tow, you yell out to the the father,
"Hey! I've got your boat and son. Which one do you want?"

Read an article tonight that research indicates that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine may only be effective for six (6) months! Goes on to say that both companies are working on an updated vaccine/ booster shot.

Unbelievable!

I, like many of you, have not taken a shot and this finding certainly reinforces my decision.

What do you think?

Regards

I will avoid taking shots. I’m really not worried about dying from Covid. I worry more about dying from cancer or heart disease, and there’s no vaccine for that.

Good morning everyone. 68 with light rain. The rain will be ending soon and thr temp is going to slowly drop all day. Not a lot, but drop nevertheless .

I have been vaccinated, mostly to put my gf at ease. I am out and about much more than her and hopefully it will help protect her. I read a similar article, but my understanding was the 6 months came about because that was the length of time elapsed since the vaccine was first put into a test arm, so that was all of the data available. My take was the experts wrote/said that mostly to please themselves, and show us how on top of things they are.

Anyways, good morning to all of yous.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

My wife has had both shots. She is the one who never missed a flu shot. She visits the Dr about 5x as much as I do.

I caught about five minutes of Gavin Newsom’s speech, and evidently there are 9600 kinds of Covid and we are tracking every one of them diligently.

We can’t track illegal aliens that weigh between 100 and 200 pounds, and he expects us to believe we are going to track tiny viruses that weigh under a nanogram.

. . . or track the people carrying them for that matter? There’s 5 million illegal aliens in California and I don’t think Gavin Newsom is going to find even one of them.

Anyhow, in spite of the chili political climate, the weather here is California beautiful and it will be 80° or thereabouts every day this week with no rain in sight.

I’m doing some electrical improvements on my boat To reduce electrical interference on my fishfinder. Everything else has been working fine, except my onboard phone charger keeps blowing its little fuse, but I noticed that there was a weak connection causing a hotspot right at my main fuse. I had not checked the fuse connection for four years since I last refitted this boat.

So, the boat work continues, as fishing season is hot upon us.

You all have a nice day.

Good Morning MO's!!

Been changung up my diet a bit. Started last week by cutting out sugar and really restricting carbs. I followed a strict paleo diet a few years ago and really liked how I felt. This time I'm not going 100% paleo but am trying to reduce processed foods, sugars and carbs as much as I can. Its hard, I LOVE bread and pasta!!!!

The last week has been hard, esp with Easter, but I am getting over the hump, the cravings are diminishing and I actually feel pretty good today.

I would love to lose weight but my main motivation is to feel better. When I did paleo most of my daily pain went away and I had a lot more energy. I want to get back to that.

We had our NWTF chapters spring turkey seminar last weekend. Only had 8 people outside of our group show up, but it was a good time. We're already planning for next year.

Since I got hurt and am not able to move around like I used to did, I've gained 100 solid pounds and am up to around 265. I've cut out a lot of sweets and sugars. But, it's slow to get off the pounds.

My wife told me that I didn't gain it all at once and I won't lose it all at once either.

Back