• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well I spent all of yesterday fishing and working on the boat and collapsing from exhaustion.

Unfortunately I only hooked one nice fish and it snagged my line under a rock and broke it, taking all my gear.

Today I am going to clean up my boat a little bit and play with the fish and relax.

I hope you all get to do some serious relaxing too.

Good Morning MO's!!

A cold 37 here this morning but supposed to hit 70 and hit 70+ all weekend. Going to be nice

Going through turkey hunting withdrawl . The season is too short. I just get wound up and its over.

Mornin’ guys.

It is typically sunny and clear and will be about 90F here today.

Yesterday was kind of a lazy day though I went to the store and bought some groceries and new filters for my water system. I made spaghetti sauce from scratch, and we ate sweet potato pie with vanilla ice cream.

I spent about 2 hrs washing the dirt out of my trailer jack yesterday. It was better after cleaning and grease, but it is so sloppy and old I can’t believe it still works at all.

I also worked on the wiring for my little kit car. I haven’t touched it in a while, Except to move it around so I could clean the garage, but now the muse is calling. Or is it the Sirens? Maybe just tinnitus?

Anyhow I sorted out the switches and drew up a wiring diagram. All the wiring is cleaned up and sorted out and I’m ready to re-loom it and finish the terminations, but the instrument panel is not sorted out yet.

Anyhow I hope to get back at it for a few hours today. I need to do some work on my big aquarium system. I don’t have a good way to backflush the bio media and this is a major headache when it comes time to clean the system.

You guys have a nice day.

Bought a new trailer yesterday. Its a 5x8 with gate. I have a 5x10 but it is really heavy and we cant pull it behind our SUV. Going lighter makes it a lot more versatile for me. Have to pick it up tomorrow. Wanted something I can use without the truck.

I still have my 18' utility for big stuff.

Ground up my MI turkey last night, never ground one before but wanted to try something different with this one. Got 6# out of the breasts

Bought a new trailer yesterday. Its a 5x8 with gate. I have a 5x10 but it is really heavy and we cant pull it behind our SUV. Going lighter makes it a lot more versatile for me. Have to pick it up tomorrow. Wanted something I can use without the truck.

I still have my 18' utility for big stuff.

Ground up my MI turkey last night, never ground one before but wanted to try something different with this one. Got 6# out of the breasts
I picked up my new little trailer Wednesday. The kit has pretty good directions so it went together pretty quick. I didn’t spend any time on the wheels or fenders, since I ordered a set of 13” wheels and tires for it. The factory 8s just don’t cut it visually.lol. And since I wanted to use some good LED lights instead of the cheap bulb burners it came with, I will be able to use one of my run/brake/turn modules from my motorcycle parts box, so only have to run 2 wires, nice and neat...

Well It was after cleaning up the boat yard I noticed some water inside one of my clearance lights on the boat trailer. After inspection I found out it wasn’t the only one that leaked.

Anyhow I spent a lot of time cleaning up my fish filters. There was a lot of mulm. That’s the scientific word for dung from the bottom of your aquarium.

Last edited:
Good evening guys. It's been a while since I responded, but I've been keeping track of everyone and I'm glad everyone is doing well. I appreciate hearing from y'all.

Lately, we've gotten the atv back up the hill at my uncles. Which is no small chore in itself. It's been a few years since anyone has rode up there and there were a bunch of saplings to cut out of the way and a few deadfalls. I still need to work on the upper side where he turns at the edge of his property to level off the ground better. It's so steep that it's spooky trying to turn the atv back down the hill. So, I'm going to dig out the upper side more so the back tire on the uphill side will be in a rut and so it doesn't lift up off the ground on anyone trying to tip over. That would not be a good day. It will be easier to dig a small trench just for the tire itself than trying to level off a big 10'x12' piece of ground for the entire ATV altogether. That sounds like a lot more work than it needs to be.

Good evening Mossberg Owners.

Today was another fairly lazy day. I barbecued a tri-tip & cleaned up a couple of my aquariums.

For some reason I keep putting off working on my sports car. I don’t know why. It’s like writers block. There’s a mental issue that keeps me from working on it.
I think I’ve been working too much lately. I’m supposed to be retired.

I think tomorrow I will get my motorcycle out and go for a ride.

Y’all have a nice day. Well what’s left of it. :)

It was another lovely day, sunny and clear, here in the San Joaquin Valley.

My daughter came over with the grandkids today so I didn’t go anywhere. We played with the dogs and cats and fed the fish. We discussed the house that she’s trying to buy.

I made tacos and worked on my boat trailer a little bit and fixed the dash cam from my truck.

It would be a real blessing if life could stay this boring indefinitely.

Good Morning MO's!

Had a colonoscopy in Monday. I hate the prep for those. I don't care if I never drink gatorade again.

Despite turkey season being over for me i keep planning. Mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 to the Stevens 301 .410. I'm not a fan of optics in a turkey gun but given the limited payload if this gun I thought a little more precision may be warranted. Still not sure how much I will use this but I want to play with it a bit and see what it can do.

I understand what you mean about the red dot.

I'm not a huge fan on shotguns either, but we put one on the semiauto 12 and once it was dialed in, you'd be surprised at how many pellets you can put in a paper plate or pop can. I've been considering trying some #4 shot just to see how it shoots because with #6, there's so many pellets it would almost make something inedible. You have to spend a lot of time after skinning a squirrel making sure all the pellets are out of it.

My general doc has been on me to get a colonoscopy for close to a year now. I know I probably should get one out of precaution, but just keep procrastinating about it. My cousin lost her husband last November to colon cancer. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well I started working on that kit car again. I hadn’t worked on it much for a whole year except to move things around & blow the dirt off.

Back when I got the car, I decided I needed to clean up the wiring desperately and in the process I would replace the hated and unreliable Volkswagen fuse box with an American style Chinese fuse box.

All I was going to do was clean up the wires a little, change the fuse box, and leave the wiring design as it was until I got the car registered. LOL....silly me!
11C51E6A-1B7D-4AA5-BDB0-EC562A7A09D7.jpeg
That was an utter mistake, Because of how much damage there was to the wiring, and because of the way Volkswagen does some of their wiring.

Their method has its pros and cons, but since I am getting rid of all the Volkswagen electricals as much as possible, I’m going to do it my way.

Anyhow this car has been under a curse for a long time because there were too many things preventing me from getting back to work on it including my own mental state.

Evidently I’m on the road to recovery.

I don’t know if I mentioned this but one of my daughters was recently remarried, and he has an adopted daughter of 7 years old. This means I have 8 grand-daughters now.

You're a good man for helping your family. I realize that's a lot of money to come out of the bank at once. But, you're helping your family better itself and for that, I tip my hat to ya.

People don’t know how lucky it is that I am able to do that. I gave the other daughter and her kids the same amount by the way.

And because this was money earned on the tax deferred account, I had to send uncle Sam an extra 5000 as well.

Now that our new president has decided to destroy the world I may never have a chance to do such things again.

Hopefully the world won’t put up with it, and my finances will soldier on. I don’t wanna find myself fixing computers and boat motors for a living.

My general doc has been on me to get a colonoscopy for close to a year now. I know I probably should get one out of precaution, but just keep procrastinating about it. My cousin lost her husband last November to colon cancer. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Do it! I had a scare a year and a half ago that resulted in surgury that prob could have been avoided had I gotten one when it was originally recommended.

Back