• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Great morning all. I look across kitchen table and see my grand angel whose visiting for weekend. Taking my young grandson on base to show him some helicopters for his first time.
1495885565039-1625277507.jpg 1495885815879-406785818.jpg

早上好莫斯贝里论坛...!!

zǎo shàng hǎo mò sī bèi lǐ lùn tán ...!!

( In Chinese )

Happy Memorial Day Weekend fellow shooters.

I got two coats of fiberglass on my boat last night about 2 a.m. and then I went to bed. That looks very good this morning so I'm going to continue sanding and glassing.

Tonight I'm taking my wife to her secret surprise retirement party. She of course thinks she's going to a completely different party.

Sunday we're going to polish up the motorcycle & decorate it and then go ride out to the Pioneer's Cemetery in Academy.

20160530_134036.jpg

Very late good morning shooters.

Last night was my wife's retirement party from work. It was a surprise party and so I had to employ some subversion to get her there. Anyhow she had a wonderful time but she drank too much and she's been hungover all day.

Needless to say we did not go out to the cemetery today but I hope to get her out there tomorrow.

Meanwhile the boat work continues...

Well, I did have a good morning. I took the cycle out early to beat the oncoming rain showers. I launched facing west because that was where it was coming from. Twenty-five miles out on the twisties I got some drops on the visor. Turned back towards home and didn't get wet. Good start to a great day.

--I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

YD1Ixjs.jpg

Good Tuesday morning Mossberg Owners. We had an uneventful weekend at the lake. I hope everyone enjoyed a safe weekend.

Good morning fellow shooters.

I hope you all had a nice holiday. I went to go visit my mom at the old folks' home, barbecued some chicken did a little shopping and sanded my boat for a ridiculous number of hours.

I finished laying all the major fiberglass reinforcement so now I have to sand it out and do some top coats of polyester resin and then paint.

So far I've gone nearly through 5 quarts of resin, 200 square feet of cloth and mat, and about 2 lb of epoxy putty. That was the easy part of course. The hard part was going thru $30 worth of sandpaper.

I've also sharpen my block plane twice and honed my chisels. I wore out a Surform file and had to sharpen it. I broke one in half that I had sharpened a couple times before.

Anyhow the boat is looking better and better but my hands are sore as hell.

*YAWN*
Good morning Mossberg owners.

I got two top coats of resin on the boat yesterday, after 5 solid hours of sanding. Now I have to scuff the rails and paint, and then I can start the reassembly.

But I am so tired of sanding I thought I would give the glass another day to cure and go shooting this morning.

Unfortunately it's pouring rain about 10 minutes to the west of here and it's coming our way.

I think I will go fire up the smoker instead and do a couple of Tri tips.

Good morning all.
Headed to a local outdoor range to meet young man who asked for some help teaching his two daughters about firearms. Age 7 and 9. It will be a .22 day bringing a single shot cricket(my youngest daughters first gun) ruger 10/22 my old mkii and the heritage. Fun fun

Good morning. Mine started from a deep sleep when I heard my wife "yelp" with the sort of sound that would accompany the spraining of an ankle. I got up and yelled to see if she was OK.

No sweat. She was walking back to the breakfast table when a mockingbird flew from its tree, thru our porch, and into the door about 3 feet. When it heard the "yelp" it made a hasty 180 and returned to its rightful domain.

images

Good morning. Dj, how did the day at the range go. Were the young ladies excited ?

Scoop, glad your wife was ok, and the bird as well.

Good morning owners.

I have taken a day off from working on the boat. I would go shooting but the shooting range is closed on Thursday.

There's a danger in this that if I take off more than one day I won't be on a roll anymore. I will start working on gun projects & the boat will languish.

But there will be no languishing!

This scow is going to be in the water Monday!

Anyhow in my time off I've been doing a lot of reading about electric boats and you can buy some very expensive, fancy, Tesla-esque boats now, that run off of $$$ Lithium-ion batteries.

You know what happens to damaged lithium ion batteries after the Galaxy S7 debacle caused them all to melt down, so boats running lithium-ion have to have many special precautions which cars do not.

When ruptured lead acid batteries spill acid. Water dilutes the acid and in a boat accident there's usually No Lack of water. When lithium ion batteries rupture they give off hot toxic corrosive gases. Unless the vent is plugged in which case they just catch fire or explode.

So I'm afraid that Li technology is too expensive and risky for me at this point.

But I'm convinced there will be a new generation of high power organic electric batteries, maybe based on electrochemical reactions found in sea life. We may be able to literally engineer (living?) batteries in the gene lab.

Back