• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Given we're talking about beer today thought I'd post a couple of pictures of an old steel cone top Dixie 45 can can and opener. This brewery was a main stay in New Orleans in the day.

I still have the same opener attached to my work bench and use it occasionally.

download (12).jpeg download (11).jpeg

Trying to install the steering column without scratching things.
9B2CB519-6272-4D2D-9296-DD32E4C6D748.jpeg

It’s not quite there yet.

Given we're talking about beer today thought I'd post a couple of pictures of an old steel cone top Dixie 45 can can and opener. This brewery was a main stay in New Orleans in the day.

I still have the same opener attached to my work bench and use it occasionally.

View attachment 26581 View attachment 26582

I do remember seeing some of those beer cans but they were rusty by the time I saw them.

Can't say that I have.

I thought they brought that beer recipe over on one of the early voyages on the nina, pinta, or maybe it was it the santa maria?

LOL

I'm just ribbing you OLD friend.

You might be twice as OLD as I am, but you might be twice as good too, so I'm gonna hush while I'm ahead and go in the corner and sit there silently being seen and not heard before you jerk me up.

My old friend Mark Twain once said, Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.

The wisdom of age!!!!

However, at my age - - The older I get, the less I care about what people think of me. Therefore the older I get, the more I enjoy life!

I enjoy hanging out with you young guys. Atleast you guys think you're still young!!!!

Enjoying a cold one tonight given all this beer talk! The other beer, which I suspect you have drank is the Beer of the Vietnam War - PBR! Think I drank a few cases back then!

Regards
Rust

I remember Saturday night beer runs in college because you had to get to the store and pay for it before midnight. At midnight in Utah, they would put up yellow police tape over all the beer & wine in the supermarket, and you could not buy any alcohol on Sunday.

Coors at $2.19 but if you were desperate You could buy Brown Derby for $.99 a sixer.

As old as RUST!!!! Guess I need to check between my toes?

Doubt you young whipper snappers ever drank from the other famous New Orleans brewery - Jax

View attachment 26585 View attachment 26586

I never drank Jax beer or lived in that part of the country, but I recall reading in a book what horrible stuff the author thought it was.

But I didn’t realize it was brewed in New Orleans. I thought it was from Mississippi.

I never drank Jax beer or lived in that part of the country, but I recall reading in a book what horrible stuff the author thought it was.

But I didn’t realize it was brewed in New Orleans. I thought it was from Mississippi.

Jax was originally started around 1913 in Jacksonville, Florida and was sold to the New Oreleans company in 1954. They produced beer through the mid 70s.

Like a lot of other small producers the consolidation of the beer market by two or three major companies was the death of many brands of the day.

Regards
Rust

Canadian beers will always be the ones I remember. You could buy Grain Belt in Baudette Minnesota. 3.2% alcohol…

Or for 10 cents you could walk across the bridge to Rainy River, Ontario.

There you could buy Molson which was almost 12%.

We took a boat, because you couldn’t bring it back across the bridge.
(I wouldn’t admit any of this except I was a minor when it happened.)

Doubt you young whipper snappers ever drank from the other famous New Orleans brewery - Jax

I like their motto: "THE DRINK of FRIENDSHIP" :)

And no, never had JAX beer. The "budget" beer when I was growing up was Narragansett, once brewed in RI where I lived. I think a craft beer house has bought and uses the name now. "Narry" was almost always good for a headache the next morning... ;) I also liked their motto: "Hi, Neighbor!"

narry.JPG

BTW, 36% of people polled said we should not send US troops to defend Ukraine against Russia.

Trump was set to negotiate with Russia, and Biden is now set to go to war with them.

Hey guys, the weather was gorgeous yesterday and I took the red car out again for another ride to the Volkswagen shop. On the way home I lost a hubcap and when I pulled in the garage I noticed a spot on the floor from the master cylinder. I’m leaking brake fluid.

So back to the Volkswagen shop today.

But because I needed a break I took the wife shopping to Costco. They built a brand new Costco that’s only 3 miles from my house.

Unfortunately it is a mirror image of the old Costco and it is mirrored on a diagonal line that goes from one corner of the building to the other corner. Needless to say it only took me about three aisles to find out that I was going backwards through the store.

I hope you don’t find yourselves going backwards too often. Have a good day.

Anyone heard from FELLMANN lately?

Hopefully the winter up north in the Baltic hasn't been too severe?

No, and we haven’t heard from Meanie, DJ, or Hombre lately either. I hope it only means that they have gotten bored with us.

Back