• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning yall. Woke to 70 degrees and rain at 4am ? Cant decide coffee or try to lay back down couple hours. Have a good day be safe everyone.

Good morning yall. Woke to 70 degrees and rain at 4am ? Cant decide coffee or try to lay back down couple hours. Have a good day be safe everyone.

Good morning Djcala and a good morning to all! It`s a cool 43° here this morning.....The best part of waking up is Laughing Man Colombia Huila in your cup! <----trademark infringement? :) Y`all have a great day and an awesome week ahead!

Morning fellow MO's.

Did a little hunting this weekend but saw nothing. Got to shoot my new 450BM and had a blast with it. Looks like cooler temps and rain are back this week.

Finished up the weekend cleaning up the leaves at my parents house. That wore me out I think I was out by 2130 last night. LOL

Good morning folks. It's cold and dark here in California still, but the sun will be up today and it will be another warm day. This is about the time of year we usually have an Indian summer and it's coming on. If I can get the wife out of bed I'm going to take her fishing today.

Some people think it's weird that I keep fish as pets, but I also go out and catch fish, kill fish, and eat fish. These are folks who got all their hamburger from the grocery store and don't understand anything about animal husbandry. Also raising fish allows you to study fish and this makes you a better fisherman.

I ordered a new 30 gallon aquarium which will come in next week. You don't normally have to order them but this is a shape nobody carries.
20171021_222333_resized.jpg

That big silver dollar is over 14 years old but the koi angelfish & the baby pleco are both new. There's a big fat plecostomus hiding back in the weeds.

This tank is 15 years old. I need to take my fish out of it, scrape out the old silicone and re-seal it. But I bought a new one for until I feel like spending a whole day scraping silicone.

* any experienced fish keeper will tell you that the aquarium itself is usually the least expensive part of the whole business. The glass aquarium bare was 60 bucks, custom built. The 4 fish in it are not rare or expensive yet they are still worth more.

You all have a great day folks!

So I spent this morning polishing up and putting together a shotgun I've been refinishing. If I have to sand the damn finish of the stock one more time, I'm going to run it through a friggin woodchipper.
It slipped out of my hand and gained a new chip in the finish. Start over. This will be the 4th time doing it.

20194.jpeg

Just remember buddy: someday it is going to have "patina" again....

Meanwhile there was no fishing for me today as the wife reminded me I would have to buy new tires today if we were going to go out of town on Wednesday.

I would have gone on the old tires, but I saved $70 because the ones I wanted were on sale. $70 is what it costs to mount and balance a set of tires here.

So I'm sitting outside the tire shop watching shotgun videos on YouTube. Life could be worse. With tax and fees these tires cost 10 times as much as my first car.

($125)

$125!!!?? Were you born when they started making cars? Hahahaa...kiddin...

Buddy you don't know my hillbilly roots.

:oldman:
My first car was plain '66 Ford Hertz rental car with over 100,000 miles, and the engine had Frozen up when the oil pump snapped in Sub-Zero weather.

My dad bought me a bunch of parts and I rebuilt that car from the ground up the year I graduated high school.

That was one year before the end of the draft in Vietnam.

Much better morning weather today its a clear 49 degrees light wind out of the northwest. Yesterday's 70 degree 5a.m. was strange. Anyways good morning to you all.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! !

Good morning folks.

I shouldn't read the paper before I post on this thread because I immediately have the tendency to jump into politics.

I've come up with a new rule that I will not think about politics before 7 a.m. in the morning.

And no more on-line ranting until 8.

:oops:

mornin fellas...
i'll be working on that darn stock again. i stripped it last night with some acetone, so it should be ready to coat after a lil fine sanding...
enjoy the day!

Good Afternoon Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Just getting back from the Eagles vs Redskins Monday Night Football Game...complete with tailgating.

Awesome game...they won of course...34-24...record stands at 6-1-0

Stayed overnight at Holiday Inn ( walking distance to stadium )...slept in...had breakfast...checked out.

Good morning, M'bergers.
36 here this morning. Hasn't been that cold since May 5. Actually pretty nice weather. No complaints. Hope you day is good too.

Back