• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I was using the black ones. They were some of the ones I used as a lineman. I think they have like a 50 or 60lb tensile rating?

But, a while back, we had some very severe windstorms which just broke a bunch of them. I even went out in the rain and put a few back in place just enough to keep it from being damaged.

But, only yesterday evening and today finished putting them back on all the grommets.

Had a few little limbs and other things to clean up in the yard as well and got that took care of while I was out there. I've got spring fever bad and don't want to come inside. May even cook on the grill this evening. Again. I do that even with snow on the ground sometimes though. If I want a BBQ burger or steak, I don't care if it's -10.

John, if you want to be "one and done" then try stainless steel wire ties. Like plastic one they come in all different lengths and are available on line at reasonable prices. Really good for outdoor use where exposed to the elements.

Heres a picture of one.

Regards

SS-Ties-3.jpeg

Good morning fellers. 54 this morning with a high overcast. We have some grass fires burning in the general area and the smell is significant. That is not uncommon around here this time of year.
The forecast calls for a high of 77 today, a very slight drop from the past two days.

March was in like a lamb this year. Hopefully it won't go out like a lion.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It appears that my best friend from high school has bought a house in Oklahoma and he is moving to retire there. He bought a brand new house and it doesn’t have a storm shelter or a basement. I don’t think I’d want to live down there without one.

On the other hand, if I get mocked for digging a bomb shelter in my backyard you can understand why.

My old boss is in Italy right now and they were supposed to come back next week. Hopefully they will be able to do that, because civilian aircraft will all be getting rerouted, and, there could be a radiation cloud floating over Europe by then.

Let’s pray to God that that does not happen.

Good Morning, Mossies.

The first week of March seems to have some memorable dates for me.

March 2, 2016 I joined Mossberg Owners
March 8, 2016 I posted my first picture of my '06 Kaw 500 Ninja on Mossberg Owners
March 5, 2022 I sold my '06 Kaw 500 Ninja
From the archives: [ This picture was first posted in 2011 as a "Find" on Cadd's HooliganCruisers board's popular Scavenger Hunt.

The hot dog stand is more interesting than my ride. Mine is '06 Kaw Ninja 500. Flat stock. 27K miles. I don't particularly like the looks of my bike, but I think you should buy a ride as if your eyes were closed. If it feels and performs well for you, then get it. If it happens to be ugly, tuff.

P9160028.jpg

Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God -- Bokonon

Thank you @Scoop. Was it only 2011? It seems like 20 years ago.

I’d like to take more credit, but the sad thing is that I did not start the Hooligan board. Nor was it ever very credible in the end.

We were the smallest of at least half a dozen small message boards devoted to the model or brand.

Because of how it ended I’m really not proud of how it started.

It started with a war on another forum that got me sucked into it somehow.

One of the participants in that war demonstrated that he did not understand the meaning of the word radial, nor how it applies to tire construction. He was such a proud SOB that I took the low hanging fruit like a moron.

So that involved me in a battle which splintered off the Delphi group, and Hooligans. We only created hooligans because the Delphi software really sucks, and was old-fashioned. I mean it was strictly 1996 yahoo in composition.

But as it turns out, a lot of the people in Kawasaki forums belonged to Delphi. We could not attract a lot of those people. They were to hooked up to the Delphi paradigm.

I won’t recount the rest of our story because it’s just childish.

Last edited:
In the post above I had to change the word recant to recount.

Somehow my phone got this wrong and it changes the meaning entirely.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It appears that my best friend from high school has bought a house in Oklahoma and he is moving to retire there. He bought a brand new house and it doesn’t have a storm shelter or a basement. I don’t think I’d want to live down there without one.

On the other hand, if I get mocked for digging a bomb shelter in my backyard you can understand why.

My old boss is in Italy right now and they were supposed to come back next week. Hopefully they will be able to do that, because civilian aircraft will all be getting rerouted, and, there could be a radiation cloud floating over Europe by then.

Let’s pray to God that that does not happen.

Basements in Oklahoma are a rarity, due to as far as I figure is the soil. Mostly red clay and rock. On the other hand tornado (storm) shelters is a big business, and not all that expensive for that matter. They also make excellent gun safes, LOL.

On the other hand, ones chances of actually being hit by a tornado are small, certainly probably not on the same scale as being impacted by an earthquake in California.

Good day guys. The world is just a little screwier than yesterday. I swear the shtf scenario seems to be more plausible than last week.

Have a great day. Make sure your loved ones know, give them a hug and tell them.

March was in like a lamb this year. Hopefully it won't go out like a lion.

Have a great day and stay safe.

That's a saying I've heard my grandmother say a lot.

Not just about spring though. Also about winter.

Which certainly held true this year. Winter was very mild to start. But, January and February, stayed in the 20's for the biggest part of the season this year. A few days the high may've gotten to 38, but this was one of the colder winters, for as long of a straight period, that I can recall in a while now.

Weird...or not so weird really. We're having another mild winter overall. It amazes me that so far south of the Great White North you guys get such long stretches of cold weather. We've had very few days below 0C / 32F this year. Southwest BC is consistently, year-round the most temperate place in Canada.

I remember growing up, by Halloween, it was really cold. I recall helping butcher pigs and stuff in November and hanging them in the smokehouse. Where they didn't spoil.

I remember the rivers freezing over. At least in the places that weren't too very deep.

I think my youngest son has only seen that happen once in his lifetime.

This winter, has been pretty chilly, temperature wise more than not. We've had a few warmer days when the humidity and warmer air has blown up from the gulf coast, but that generally hasn't lasted more than 2 or 3 days straight.

Weird...or not so weird really. We're having another mild winter overall. It amazes me that so far south of the Great White North you guys get such long stretches of cold weather. We've had very few days below 0C / 32F this year. Southwest BC is consistently, year-round the most temperate place in Canada.

I thought BC got flooded out this year. I was watching some Canadian shows on youtube & a lot of people were flooded.
this is the problem with TV news. All that flooding was probably localized just like earthquake problems are highly localized in California.

Everybody here has felt an earthquake, & I have seen ones (where I live) enough to slosh the water in my aquarium, but not spill it over.

I felt a bump one day in 1989. I thought somebody had bumped the rack outside of my office with a forklift. It turns out that the steel rack jiggled & banged against my wall little bit.

That was the Loma Prieta earthquake. It took down bridges & freeways & cheap apartments, and broke lots of Plumbing.

But that action was all localized over on the big populated centers of the coastal cities, and as far as possible from where we live unless one actually lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Basements in Oklahoma are a rarity, due to as far as I figure is the soil. Mostly red clay and rock. On the other hand tornado (storm) shelters is a big business, and not all that expensive for that matter. They also make excellent gun safes, LOL.

On the other hand, ones chances of actually being hit by a tornado are small, certainly probably not on the same scale as being impacted by an earthquake in California.

Feeling an earthquake and being impacted by one in a devastating sense are completely different things. And while I have seen tornadoes in person, I’ve never had any real impact except that we slow down the car so we wouldn’t run into one.

So are these storm shelters reinforced concrete? Are they above ground shelters, delivered on a truck to your property?

There has been an uptick in earthquakes in my area the last 2 or 3 years.

I was a junior or senior in high school the first time I ever felt an earthquake.

The last few years though, I can think of at least 4 earthquakes near me that were 3.0 or larger. And there have been countless ones in the 2's. Which, as I have mentioned, is unusual for there to be so many here in such a short amount of time.

Yeah, I've heard those stories as well. I reckon church bells rang all the way up into the northeast part of the country.

Entirely different geology here with all the rocks and such on this side of the continent. So, earthquakes react differently here.

We have a nice mud geyser that’s going out there by the main fault of the San Andreas system. It’s been undermining the highway and the railroad tracks and they have to keep working to bridge over and around it.

We could wind up with a new tourist attraction like Yellowstone out there in another few hundred years, if the whole business doesn’t just collapse suddenly.

There’s one scenario where the central San Joaquin valley subsides, and I wind up with ocean water very close to my boatyard.

Of course it could be filled with dead bodies, so I’m not sure how to fish that.

The dead bodies would serve as bait.

I recall seeing the mud geyser encroaching on the tracks and highway a few years back. Plus, you also have the tar pits out there somewhere, so it's a known hot spot (pardon the term but that is what it is).

We don't have much in regards to volcanoes and such here where I'm at, but we get a lot of pressure from the continental plates pushing on us.

Couple that, and I believe the earth is wobbling more due to the location of the moon changing paths in the sky. And the north pole shifting.

I know that the earth has been ever changing for billions of years, but something is going on with it, and sadly a lot of people don't realize it because they have their nose in their phones and never look up enough to realize it.

It is a significant change of path. And it's irregular.

Example:

Look at the location of the moon in this picture in relation to the small tree.
arLRSyW.jpg

And again in this one.
AxwXuwv.jpg

Back