• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

What is wrong with that puller? Looks pretty good. What if you install the puller and with it under tension, you whack the crank with a hammer . . .

I tapped it but I did not whack it, because I didn’t want to damage the bearings. As it turned out the bearings were total garbage and I had to replace them.

Anyhow I bought the professional extractor tool so I won’t have this problem in the future.

I ran around for parts and worked on the bike all day , and I got it all put together and ready to go except some finishing touches on the seat.

I didn’t repaint the whole bike though. Just the really offensive bit.

Good morning to all of you. I sure wish our weather would get on track. I am ready for warm nights.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today I took my wife bicycle riding for the first time in about 30 years.

I don’t think we went more than 2 miles But it was a lot of fun.

The new bicycle is working great. It needs a little more cleanup and a real paint job.

FC452FC4-CA67-4426-9D91-16E47E108079.jpeg

By the way, I bought a real crank arm puller, a hollow star socket for the new sealed crank set, and a serious set of Park bicycle wrenches.

Plus 13+15 & 14+17 combo wrenches.

Also a Giant chain breaker. This one has a big cast body and you wouldn’t take it riding.

Tires, tubes, new chain, new hand grips and a seat cover.

so far I have $200 invested plus my labor. Not counting $200 I spent on new tools.

Good morning everyone. We have clear skies and 67 after clouds and rain yesterday. The rain was needed and welcome. Now sunshine will be welcome as well.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. If you look very carefully at the picture of my bicycle you’ll see something that I didn’t notice until I had ridden it for a few miles.

There is the magnet from a computer hard drive stuck on a spoke, at the front wheel, right at the bottom.

8CC35A4F-E075-412E-A2C1-BAC952B2333C.jpeg

almost 1.6oz

1C4031C6-AD67-4462-B98A-C2A57E9D3622.jpeg

I’m amazed that I didn’t find this out until the next day.

It’s 1:22 am on May 1 and I can’t sleep because I overdid it at my daughters birthday party.

I bought another bicycle, because it was inexpensive and it has aluminum wheels that will fit my wife’s Nishiki.
163D3C5E-5F07-433F-9274-C96C479BE969.jpeg
It has some nice bars and stem that I can use, and though I don’t care for the derailer or controls too much (as they are very cheap) the seat is brand new and worth more than I paid for the bike.

It also has knobby tires on it with almost no wear. The paint is still nearly perfect. The hand grips look like brand new. This bicycle was not handled by a child.

It also has a quick release seat post and quick release hubs. I can use the cantilever brakes too.

But unfortunately it is a Chinese made Schwinn from Giant Bicycle manufacturing.

Some bits are unbelievably cheap, like this flimsy aluminum logo attached with sticky tape.

D602E0A3-9B8B-45B6-8889-6A0CA8C6D693.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning to all. I drove to Omaha yesterday, in rain pretty much all of the way. I hadn't visited my kids in 6 months and it was beyond time.

Anyway, it's going to be a short visit as I am heading back tomorrow. You all have a great day and stay safe.

Drive careful buddy. I agree. I don't like going too long without my kids and grandbabies either. But, have fun while you're there.

I spent yesterday tearing apart the new Schwinn down to the last bit.

It is amazing how much garbage they can put on a really nicely built steel frame.

Plastic fake cover disguises spot-welded sprockets, staked to alloy with a big press.
1C365128-8AA4-403B-A302-A170089CEC31.jpeg
I used the heat gun to get the aluminum hot, so I could pull them off without ruining the threads or the puller. They were on very tight.

That Wagner heat gun really did the trick.
9D241E5C-BB0B-41DF-9B80-7E4ECB102BC4.jpeg
Here I’m using my anvil as a stand.

The weather here continues to be awesome, and I will be working outside for the foreseeable future.

Here we are with a couple of the grandkids at my daughter’s 40th birthday party. That was Saturday and I think I have finally recovered now that it is Wednesday.
A280814A-7D35-4AB0-BEE2-87526D89216D.jpeg

Actually I was out until the wee hours building a bicycle. I tried to put all the gear from my Manhattan bike onto the Schwinn bike and I got it almost finished but the rear wheel wouldn’t fit. The tire kisses the frame and it would need some fabrication.

So about midnight I took all the gear off the Schwinn that I had already transplanted and put it back on the Manhattan.
071AB96A-F74E-4701-858E-4F63C009B601.jpeg
Here I am this morning, out for a ride on the silly little bike, but it’s pretty fast.
5BC4F4C6-8342-4E8A-990E-2F127175FDA6.jpeg

Good morning to all. I drove home Wednesday, in rain all the way. The rain did not stop till Thursday morning. We had 5-6 inches in Tulsa, and even more not too far south. This quick trip was tiring. I usually stay a couple of days longer, and two days of driving all day in rain and wind was pretty nerve wracking.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

I was concerned about that. But, I'm glad you're safe and home. I hope you enjoyed your visit, and hope you get some rest today and try to recover.

I liked that post, unliked it, and liked it again just because we don't have a LOVE button because that is so true.

Good morning men. I hope all of you are doing well. We had a lot of severe storms yesterday and highlighted from a tornado warning where we have to get to the basement for about 45 minutes. Thankfully, while it was rotational and weather was showing winds increasing at nearby monitored weather stations feeding it, it never formed up enough to touch down. Though, there were areas that had enough wind to break telephone poles. TV, Phone, Internet , and Power outages resulting which lasted overnight in one area of the county.

Lots of raining. Some very minor flooding in the lowest lying areas, but mostly just blocked roads for a few hours until it drained off.

We kinda dodged a bullet yesterday and thanfully we did.

The weather here continues to be dry if slightly breezy.

I have totally failed in my quest to buy parts for my custom bicycle, and so today I bought another entire bicycle just for parts.
D6792194-7A31-4521-9672-C0063C3EF5C9.jpeg
This is the fat tire Mongoose Malus. This is a 2014 That someone bought new and never rode, they say because they were injured. Here it is eight years later with the whiskers still on the tires. The owners manual was still sealed.

When you first start out on this bike it has that flat tire feeling, but once you start going it gets bouncy and fun.

Back