• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning. I'm back home for a few days. 79 and a bit hazy this morning. We are scheduled for 96 today and 97 tomorrow, then low 90s through the weekend.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather has cooled off a little bit although it’s going to get up to 91 today. We’ve had lots of cool ocean breezes to knock the heat off.

My shooting and fishing buddy has been stuck at home painting the house for his wife, so not much fun around here lately except for bike riding every day.

The last time I fired up the welder I bombed out totally because I was out of argon. Then when I hooked it back up I don’t think I purged it well enough (at all!) and I was trying to weld with some air in the lines.

I was tired at the time and I just put it down and I walked away until I could figure out what I did wrong.

This morning I’m going to see if I can purge that out and do some actual welding.

Looks like it’s going to be perfect weather for it, but I think I’ll go ride my bike first.

New project in the boat yard.

Some guy tossed out the remains of this stock rack and I picked it up off the street. Unfortunately the long tubes were gone but the stands themselves are awesome.

E46CEBEE-B3FE-4A58-B9EC-990D92C1773F.jpeg

This is all 1.5”x1.5” x 3/16” wall & will be enough to build a small stock rack for me plus a welding table. I don’t have enough steel plate yet, and I will probably scrounge that somewhere soon.

4C0D5971-3831-4106-9860-D0E5A4169918.jpeg
Artistic shot showing the subtle interplay of light, rust and dirt.
F226C4A7-274B-468E-B3EB-DB2798A7A9AF.jpeg

A way belated good morning to all of yous. 96 we were today with more to come for at least the next 10 days. Dry as a bone and of course windy, we are in Oklahoma after all. We will be heading to the lake tomorrow afternoon. It usually is a couple of degrees cooler there. I reckon we will head home Monday mid day. Hopefully I can do something fun there. Like shooting, fishing, riding the motorcycle, or just relaxing.

Ya'll have a great rest of the day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. I thought I’d take a day off. Then I thought why not 10 days? It’s because I’m not sick. I’m just tired of working on the same thing all week.

8DDD9CDD-68EE-4927-A906-0F9F6B17208B.jpeg

Good morning. 8:30 am and 81, headed for the mid 90s. Clear skies, a bit hazy, and the air is calm. It looks to be another nice, albeit warm day.

Anyways, ya'll have a great day.

Good morning Gentlemen. I hope each of you have had a happy and safe Fathers day.

Nothing special happened today, which is the best really.

I worked on a bicycle polished chrome, changed some brake pads, did some laundry, cooked a pork roast. It was all very bucolic.

I am really lucky to have kids that turned out to be fairly stable intelligent professionals. The best part is that they laud me for it, when all I did is wind them up and point them in the right direction.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
The weather continues to be beautiful and dry. Light breezes, very light overcast. Perfect biking weather.
Starting to look at the Nomad again. Not sure why I keep putting it off.

With a little mapping I find I am up to 5.3 miles this AM, on the custom Mongoose bike.
goosechop 4.jpeg

I have been going every day when possible, but I'm not trying to kill myself like 2010 when I was in full beast mode.

I'm riding a 47 lb bike today, and I don't know how this relates to riding a 24 lb bike or a 12 lb bike, energy wise. Anyhow this is 0.4 miles farther than yesterday with my wife.

I am doing a big loop thru the neighborhood, and it is all pretty flat. I doubt there is 2 ft of rise corner to corner on a square 1/2 x 1/2 mile

But there are 10 cul-de-sacs so I get to do the hot-shoe, and my bike will do a hot grinding tail slide on the off camber tarmak. I have enough clearance to pedal thru the slide, but I can just drop into the turn and make it burn. I think part of this is the hard cruiser tire compound. Part is the steep rake and slight positive trail, with gross tire offset: 1.7" vs 4". It will dive into a turn if you are immodest. It's easy to hold in a line and will ride with no hands, but it is scary with so little weight on the front to stabilise it. Lots of trail means little with no weight. I do have a pretty sticky front tire. I don't think there is any way to wash out the front end unless I hit oil/etc.

When I take my wife I always go around the circles at least twice so she can slow down and catch me. Tons of fun! Ccorkscrews, figure eights, shoot the moon between reflectors.

I cross 8 stop signs, and I stop, or at least slow to a crawl as I shift down, depending on traffic. It was virtually zero at 10 AM. But there's a lot of stopping and starting. I use 4 or 5 of the available 12 speeds. It's a 14, but two combos just aren't practical. Lots of derailleur stress.

There are 30 turns. 10 of them are very cul-de-sac like but just 90 degrees. More tail-sliding fun.

I don't wanna count the BOT's dots or manhole covers or concrete gutters, but there are as many opportunities for bump-wheelies as you could want, without even looking at the perfect curb-ramp launches at every driveway. 4th gear power wheelies are limited by the legs. It is not a light bike to keep aloft. I'm not anxious to crash or stomp down the pavement to save it/me. Strictly for impressing the girls, and by the girls I mean mostly my lovely 66 y.o. wife.

Otherwise, I have had a lot more welding practice, doing little bicycle bits and stick welding 1/8" plates and pipes. various little brackets. Now I need to cut up all this heavy wall stuff and really burn rods. I have 3.5 lbs left which may be enough. Also a steel plate is in my future. I'll need that before I cut the rails. Right now I can do the steel rack/legs, and clean up the extra tabs etc. I'll take this stuff to a sandblaster, just 2 miles away. He powdercoated my security doors and bird feeder, and the pet cemetary arbor, all with decades of rust. I could buzz it off myself, but I am trying to clean up all my grit now!

Last edited:
Good morning to all of yous. 73 and clear, calm skies. Headed for high 90s again. I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for the next, lol.

Cadd, the bicycle seems to have replaced your board, at least for the time being. Kinda nice to switch gears once in a while.

Ya'll have a great day.

Back