• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

..and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

6t18DPD.jpg

Good morning Mossberg owners. I trust everyone is having a good weekend.

It's cloudy this morning with a temperature of 53. The high later this afternoon should be in the high 50s. Looks like a decent day shaping up.

Mornin fellas. We're going to help out at a pancake breakfast fundraiser for Veterans this morning.....all you can eat, I expect to see a large crowd from my town there today.
I don't care what political affiliation you have, you better show em some support.....

..and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning folks. I chose to sleep in today because I was up late last night sanding and varnishing the new top for my aquarium stand.

I have to go get more sandpaper, and then I have another day full of sanding and varnishing. While the varnish is drying, I will finish assembling the cabinetry, level it out and glue it down to the floor with concrete glue. I will clip the underside of the top back to the wall studs as well.

Now it will be plenty strong to support aquariums up to 100 gallons without bearing on the wall, but if we ever do have a real earthquake here in Clovis I don't want it to move unduly. Water can slop out but I don't want this cabinet to tip or slide.

Good Monday morning Mossberg lovers. It's cloudy again and 47. Looks like a decent week ahead for us with highs in the lower 60s all week.

I went to the gun show over the weekend. They had good crowds and seemed like decent prices. I did not buy a gun or any ammo, but did come home with 7 pocket knives. I ended up with 4 Schrades that are pre 2004, well actually two of them are Uncle Henry's. They were all 4 inch lockbacks. I also got a Marbles stag two blade, a Rough Rider 3 inch toenail, and a Ocoee River small toenail. The two toenails are both Chinese knives, I just liked the looks of them. I had a good time and am looking forward to the next show.

Cadd, it sounds like your tank is big enough to put Crappie in and fish at home.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning Mossberg owners around the world.

I had an early date with a ream of sandpaper and I've been out in the garage leveling and dressing my cabinet top. It's got four coats of Minwax Pro Series Spar Urethane on it, but half of it has been sanded back off in the leveling process.

Anyhow there's lots of sanding and varnishing left to do. I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday afternoon and I did not get my cabinets assembled yet.

The lovely part of retirement is nobody's telling me when I got to get this finished.

@meanstreak
I didn't have the extra $1000 for the hundred gallon tank and so temporarily I picked up 55 gallon tank with all the accessories for under $180 including tax.

This will still be almost twice the size of my previous aquariums and I think it will look nice in the foyer.

Yeah I'm rich enough to have a house with a foyer, but I can't afford $1,000 fish tank. ;)

Welcome to the middle class.

Mornin fellerz...

I didn't have the extra $1000 for the hundred gallon tank and so temporarily I picked up 55 gallon tank with all the accessories for under $180 including tax.

I waited until petsmart had a sale on tanks for a dollar a gallon. $40=40 gal breeder tank. friggin over priced things....

I have never seen that sale here. We've been going to PetSmart for 12 years.

I could get a hundred gallon tank cheaper but the one I want is tall and long, & not very deep. The glass doubles in thickness because of the height.

I have never seen that sale here. We've been going to PetSmart for 12 years.

I could get a hundred gallon tank cheaper but the one I want is tall and long, & not very deep. The glass doubles in thickness because of the height.

oops. it's PetCo, not petsmart...

""$1 per Gallon Fish Tank Sale at Petco. Petco is doing their annual $1 per gallon sale for Aquariums. For Larger aquariums like the 40gal, 55gal, and 75gal they are 50% off instead of $1 per gallon. Only available in store and not online.""

It's a nice balmy 42 degrees here in foggy New England.
Without copying and pasting my previous posts...Morning fellas...:coffee:

Morning all!!

Getting antsy...firearm season begins tomorrow and I'm looking forward to getting out with the new 450BM.

Also talked to my engraver, the SBR lower is done so I will have that project finalized!!

Back