• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg lovers. 38 and clear skies in Tulsa this morning. The high today is supposed to be about 60. I hope it stays this way till April.

Ya'll have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning Mossberg owners. The weather here is been fantastic and shows every sign of continuing.

I haven't felt much like going out to the Hills so I've been home varnishing my new shelf, and trying to make my aquariums work better. I'll probably work on them some more today. One of the pumps I used is very noisy and old.

Tomorrow morning I have to go in for eye surgery, and to say that I am nervous might not exactly give you the whole picture. I've been putting the surgery off for over 2 years, partly because I was on a big project at work and I wanted to finish it, but I also wanted to retire before I had the surgery in case it went bad.

My mom went through this back in the days when they stitched her eye together with tiny little stitches, under a microscope, like a little baseball.

Nowadays they don't use stitches. They pre-treat your eye and then after the surgery it just seals itself back together.

I'm really trying to believe that works.

:oops:

Cadd, my g/f had cataracts removed last year and it went well. They did one eye, then the other about 3 weeks later. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and say a prayer too.

All will be good my friend.

I know people who have had it done as well but all of them started out with eyes that were in much better condition than mine.

I'm just a nervous Nelly about people sticking things in my eye.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Just getting back from the VFW down the road, where the Wife and I helped to serve a Pancake Breakfast to any Veteran who wanted to come,

plus 1st Responders like Police, Fire, and EMT's...as a way of saying thanks for working on the Thanksgiving Day holiday last Thursday.

Menu included the Pancakes, home fries, bacon and sausage, biscuits, coffee, tea, OJ and Milk. Started at 7am through 11am.

A worthwhile event that gives back to the community...and a good time was had by all.

Good morning MO's!!

Got up at 4am on this fine Sunday to freeze my ass off in the hunting blind. It was only around 20 when I headed out. Best time I've had so far this weekend, every other attempt at getting out to the woods was a failure.

Good Morning!!

Well my great day in the woods yesterday didn"t end as well as it started. The alternator in my truck failed leaving me stuck along side the road, probably more specifically the regulator. Fortunately I was less than 10 miles from the house so I was easily towed back. The designated "tower" bad never pulled a vehicle before so there were some hairy starts and stops but not to bad for a first timer. Glad I bought the super duper heavy duty tow strap else we might have snapped it on one of his starts.

It must have been running on battery for a while then just gave out, everything dimed down and it just stalled out. This is the first truck I have ever had that does not have a battery meter on the dash, just an idiot light.

Glad I still had the old truck, and it actually towed the F350. LOL

When I got it back home I swapped out the battery for the one I use with my troling motor and was able to use that to get the truck parked back in the drive. The deep cell batt was the only extra I have with posts, which this truck still uses. I need to pick up a few of the screw in posts to keep on hand.

I threw the batttery on the charger, hopefully this didn't kill it as well. Already have a new alternator on its way from Rock Auto, orderred it from the truck while waiting for a tow. LOL

I actually had a guy stop to make sure I was OK, freaked me out at first but he seemed legitmately concerned. There are still a few decent people out there. Had a LEO stop as well but my help had just arrived so he moved on.

Could have been worse, still a good day in the woods despite not seeing deer and the breakdown!

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Yet another beautiful Fall day here in the Glen...
Sunny and 42 degrees with a light wind from the southwest at 5 miles per hour.

Going to be finishing up the last of the landscaping for the season, as far as the downed leaves and acorns. Last pickup will be this week.

Have a good one...!!

mornin fellas. it's 22 here. nice n brisk! lots of errands to do today. need to get into the shop to make some fountain pens for a custom order out of curly Hawaiian Koa...

Good Morning MOSSBERG Forum !!

Score another one for Mother Nature...today is even better than yesterday with bright sun in a cloudless sky and 45 degrees with no wind to speak of.

Just beautiful...!!

Good morning Mossberg owners and shooters. It's 51 under mid to high level clouds this morning. We had a little rain last night that I am thankful for. It is shaping up to be an excellent weekend in northeast Oklamoma, but I am ito Omaha to visit kids and grandkids. It is forecast to be nice there as well, just a bit cooler with highs in the mid 50s.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

:clock:
mornin fellas. had some rain last night. dried up a lil now. it's 48 with some clouds. Shop time today....all day long. :thumbsup:

Good morning Mossberg Buddies.

It's shaping up to be a nice sunny day here in Clovis. Hopefully I will get the last coat of varnish on my new shelf today. I hung all the brackets last night and did a test fit.

My wife complained that it appeared to be too high above the Aquarium, which is when I reminded her that I was going to replace that 55 gallon aquarium with a 100 gallon aquarium and it would be 6" taller plus having the taller Hood over the aquarium.

The 55 will them be completely disassembled, and I think I'm going to move it in front of my fireplace.

I have a metal fireplace insert but I never burn anything here except Natural Gas and charcoal in the BBQ.

It's too messy and Troublesome & the thing doesn't provide much heat at all compared to my 5 ton American Standard HVAC unit.

I won't be able to sit it right on the (cast) Stone Hearth, but I will have to make a stand to level and raise it slightly.

Good Morning MOSSBERG Forum !!

Yet another beautiful day here in the Delaware Valley...Bright Sun, Cloudless Sky...and Temps right around 58 degrees...Unbelievable !!

Enjoy Your Day !!

Good morning Mossberg buddies. Blue skies and 45 this morning. I'll be heading to Omaha in a couple of hours. I will deliver Christmas packages to the kids and visiting some friends. It looks like a great day for a drive.

Have a great day and be safe.

Back