• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Sunday Morning, fellow Mossberg owners.

It virtually never snows here but this is the time of year when, just before sunrise, we get The Dreaded Tule fog.

The ground is still moist and warm, but the air gets cold early in the morning, and The Dreaded Tule Fog raises up out of the ground, thick and white.

So far there has not been a bad enough fog to delay school, but when it gets really bad the school buses run an hour or two hours later.

I usually rode a motorcycle to work for about 12 out of 45 years, and the fog was always my bane.

When I was commuting down Country Roads, from Fresno to Fowler on a motorcycle at 6 a.m., I remember the fog sometimes being so bad you could not see the lines on the road.

People would come up behind you too fast in the fog, driving faster than they could actually see to stop if they had to. I often found myself suddenly riding on the shoulder of the road.

I don't miss commuting to work and I certainly don't miss this Tule fog!

But I would like to go out and ride the motorcycle today. I just think I should avoid it until my second eye surgery next week. Driving the truck with one eye closed is difficult enough but I don't think I want to bother trying to ride the motorcycle with just one eye.

I have enough trouble with depth perception as it is. Hopefully a lot of that will clear up after the second eye surgery.

I am supposed to stay away from any wind & blowing dust, so I will probably just hang out today in the Sacred American Mancave and putter around on various little projects.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

Looks like another beautiful day shaping up here in Penn's Woods...Presently 39 degrees and the projected high will be around 50.

Philadelphia Eagles vs Seattle Seahawks tonight @ 0830.................GO EAGLES !!!!

Seahawks....what a joke they are. I hope the Eagles stomp em good....

Good morning all. It looks like a decent day here in PA. Today.

Ripjack get the biggest garage you can and try for a property where you can shoot too lol.

I'm looking. We need 10 continuous acres to hunt with a rifle up here. But the tax on that is just stupid. So most likely 5 or under will suffice for me, as long as it's next to a wooded area/forest/state forest park....

Looks like the EAGLES didn't show up to play last night...a blown game to a loser team. Sometimes a team gets full of itself...like last night !!

But...it IS a beautiful day here in the Keystone State...Sunny, No Clouds...40 now...54 projected. :D

Good Morning, members, non-members, and nameless lurkers alike.

Today is house cleaning day and my wife is chasing me out. Unfortunately I'm still not fit to go shooting. Not until my right eye gets fixed.

But you guys keep an Eagle Eye and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners. I drove home from Omaha yesterday. The weather was good except for the wind. 20-25 mph out of the south the whole trip. It was 77 when I got home, but is only 37 this morning. It's cloudy and the high today will be about 50.

The trip was good and I spent a lot of time with the kids and grand kids. I have to take the dog into the vet this morning. I have errands to run and things to do after that.

Have a great day and stay safe.

mornin fellas. It's shapin up to rain today, so that means a shop day! yay!!

MeanStreak, you are just wearing out that road between Omaha and Tulsa.;)

It's a chilly December 37°F (3°C) on my back porch this morning as well, and I am out here with three sweatshirts on, taking the morning air, as they say.

I spent a lot of time yesterday working on my aquariums, trying to perfect the filter systems so they will be powerful and easy to clean. Also not so ugly. I got the 55 gallon tank cleaned up and put in 6 new corydoras cats.

In Asia they call them the janitor fish, because they clean up what the other fish leave behind.

Of course "garbage in garbage out", and I have to clean up what they leave behind. That's where a good tank ecology comes in because the tank bacteria do most of the work for you.

Once you get it right.

All the pet stores would like you to believe it's as easy as 1 2 3. They make a lot of money selling replacement fish until people get tired of killing them and sell their Aquarium.

I really want to have a hundred gallon aquarium but I'm still figuring this business out because I've never had a really large tank before, and because the 55 I have now is so much different than the 30 tall.

The whole tank ecology is different, which means I have to care for it differently, and it will support some fish MUCH better than others.

Frankly, my recent history in aquariums has been boosted by a lifelong desire to see and catch (and eat!) fish, but also the fact that my buddy (who is out of the FFL business) wants to get into aquaculture.

He has a few acres where he wants to raise tilapia fish, and I want to try and get better at this tropical fish business myself.

I would try and convince him to open a rifle range but he's in a zone where you can't even shoot a gopher. The best thing I can do is convince him to stay sober on the way to the rifle range we belong to. He's taking this FFL thing pretty hard, plus his diabetes is not good, and his artificial hip is not good.

He spent a lot of years as a Millwright, getting up and down on a concrete floor all day, & his arthritis is pretty bad.

Warm and rainy is the forecast today...53 right now...63 this afternoon.

Well, it ain't snow...they say that's a coming soon enough !!

Good morning MO's!!!

Another cold and windy morning here.

Good news, I found a new job and will be starting after the first of the year. I'm stoked and can't wait to start.

Its also close to half the distence I drive now, which is 140 miles round trip.

Good morning Mossberg forum. Sunny and 31 this morning. The high this afternoon should be in the 50 range, then colder for a couple of days.

Cadd, yep I have worn out some tires driving back and forth to Omaha these past 8 years. It's amazing though, I seem to see something new every trip.

MikeD, congrats on the new job. Cutting the drive in half is a nice perk as well.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay vigilant.

Another damp morning here in the Glen...not raining, just damp. Right now it's 38 degrees and cloudy...they project sunny and 58 degrees by this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone...!!

Good morning Mossberg forum.

Because I have eye surgery tomorrow I am nervous tonight and unable to sleep so I'm out in the garage taking pictures of rocks.

The first is a 120 million year old Madagascar ammonite and the second was a hollow log, now petrified.

20171206_233611_resized(1).jpg 20171206_234146_resized_1.jpg

Cadd, I hope this eye goes as well as the first. I'll say a prayer to go along with the doctors skill.

Good morning Mossberg owners. Today is the anniversary of the day that will live in infamy. 76 years if my math is correct.

Have a great day.

Thank you fellows.

It was not my choice to schedule the surgery on Pearl Harbor day however I would have had to wait another week.

I've been going through hell this week with just one eye semi-corrected and one eye still crazy.

I finally got my shelf installed above the fish tank, and my enthusiastic wife was trying to decorate it before I even had all the screws in.

If the second eye surgery works out as well as the first one I will think that this is the best Christmas present I've had in my life. Even with titanium frames and ultra light lenses my glasses were heavy and they made my face hurt.

Also my eyesight had gotten so bad that no eyeglasses could bring it up to even 20-30 in one eye and worse than the other.

I go on the table in two and a half hours. Check you guys later.

Back