• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning and happy hump day. 76 and muggy with thunderstorms in the area. We could use some rain. Most of it is north of us and moving northeast, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Have a grand day and stay vigilant.

Good morning, MO.
It is already 83 heading for 90. Usual summer storms are expected later.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Well it was 98 Friday and it's expected to go up to 110 by next Wednesday.

I'm hoping to finally get the boat out this Sunday or Monday. It's not finished out completely, but it will be seaworthy enough, and hopefully no holidays in the paint.

I ordered a couple of Scotty downriggers from Cabelas and I couldn't believe that not only did I save $30 a piece over Sportsman's Warehouse I also saved about $12 each on the tax. That's $84! The only downside is they won't be here till next Thursday.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. 73 and rain at the lake this morning. We drove up Thursday afternoon . Thursday night it rained cats and dogs. Yesterday the temp made it's way to 96 with sunny skies. Later today we are going to be right at 100 with extremely high humidity. I'll take this over snow any day,LOL.

Ya'll have a fine day.

Good morning all and happy fathers day. Heading over to rifle range in a few before it gets to hot.

Good morning shooters.

Today is going to be a recovery day for me. I'm just going to sit around on my butt and watch my batteries recharge.

I've been working on the boat every day and night and I finally got it out yesterday, fishing with my lovely wife Judy. It was a lot of fun but it was very hot and we were both totally exhausted by the time we got the boat loaded back up.
20170618_104139_resized.jpg

Good morning Mossbergers. We spent the weekend at the lake watching the rain. All in all it was ok though. We did get enough breaks to get the carpets washed and installed in the boat and the covers cleaned up.

It's ready to go, now we just have to take it out.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning from the San Joaquin desert where it will be about 110 degrees today....

I'm going to shop for parts to fix my boat trailer & few household goods and then come home to hide out and doors until the sun goes down.

I'm drooling over the concept of spending 6 grand to set up a Ray electric outboard on my boat. As far as I know this is the only commercial American-made electric outboard motor system. They have a 60 volt setup that runs off of 10 golf cart batteries which is nearly $6,000 not including the batteries. I could run it off of 5 group 29 batteries but it would only go full speed for about 3 hours.

10 golf cart batteries would overload my little boat.

Good morning Mossberg owners. 70 this morning under blue skies in Tulsa. The high should be in the low to mid 90s. Tomorrow I'll be driving to Omaha for the weekend to visit friends and family.

Ya'll have a great day and stay cool.

Good morning, Mossies.

A note for your calendar --- FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

upload_2017-6-21_8-45-4.jpeg

Good Morning All !!

Cowabunga !!

{ definition: a yell of exhilaration, mainly used by surfers }

Good morning folks.

The new downriggers came for my boat yesterday so I was up last night building mounting plates for them.

I'll put some coats of urethane on them today and get them mounted tomorrow. I bought some stuff to improve my boat trailer too, so lots of work to do.

Morning all. Had planned to be hog hunting today thru friday. The tropical storm bands have altered that lots of rain. Maybe well get after em next week.

Good morning guys.

I didn't get a lot of work done yesterday as it was 114°F out by my boat.

It was so hot that the rear view mirror fell off my windshield while the truck was parked out by the lake. It's been too hot to glue it back on as well as the glue doesn't work well above 75 or 80 degrees. I got out there at 4 a.m. and glued it back on the truck but it was still 80 degrees on my patio. The truck was fortunately a bit cooler but not much.

I'm going to let it cure for a couple hours before I rehang the mirror and then we'll see if it stays on.

For the record I think the glued on rearview mirrors are one of the dumbest ideas ever created. Mirrors are safety equipment and you don't attach safety equipment with glue if you want it to stay on forever.

Good morning all mossbergers.
Woke early looks like our rain has finally broke. Loaded up truck with a couple 5 gallon buckets of my special boar bait time to set a couple of the pen traps. Probably do a little spot and stalk while out before gets to hot.
Have great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum Members !!

Just another day in paradise...

While not quite record temps, we are getting baked here in Central Calif.

The official temperature was somewhat less than this at 109°F.
This was on my patio by the boat.

7555.jpeg
Okay it's not really my patio. It's sort of the junkyard "out back".

Back