• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning folks. It was so busy today I didn't get my good morning in until almost midnight.

The day was devoted to replacing old trim and painting on the house. I worked on my aquariums and cooked a corned beef brisket.

In my spare time I've been studying to do electrical inspection. Not because I want to do that for a living but because I want to be able to diagnose the wiring in my own house.

Anyhow I bought a new tester today and had fun running around tripping all the GFIs with it.

Morning Elbert, good morning forum. Clear skies and 25 this morning. I sure hope we get some rain soon.

Not much planned for the next few days. Just the usual piddliing around the house. Maybe I'll find an auction somewhere or check out some garage sales.

Anyways, you all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning for real this time you guys. It's actually 46 degrees here at 8:30 in the morning. The trim wood on the house is looking nicer. I'm hoping to get a kitchen contractor out here today to start taking measurements.

BUT FIRST....

I want to take a moment here to once again thank our president, Mr. Trump, for increasing my income in retirement. So far it seems that my investments are making about 10x the profits I was making under the Obama Administration.

Because of this I am now able to hire out most of the work that I was going to have to do myself, and I can spend my time playing with shotguns and tropical fish and motorcycles.

The first thing America needed was a real hot dog in the White House!

How many times have I read in leadership training essays that the first rule of leadership is that most everyone will follow what the leader does, so you must lead from the front.

Obama was leading us to be a nation of irrational armchair wussies. The Fallout from that is everywhere, but just like most of the things the realities of Economics will turn that around.

If Americans are led by a man whose goal is to be profitable then America will be profitable.

If Americans are led by a man whose goal is to give it all back, from a destructive and guilt-driven sense of mega-charity, then he will lead America into poverty.

I am praying Now that the United States has seen this effect from both sides, they will take notice, and they will refrain from the mistakes of the past.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners !!

Got a little snow here in the Keystone State, with more coming ...currently only 29 degrees... with a high of only 32 degrees forecasted.

I've about had it with this winter...

Buddy that happened to me 45 years ago!

I moved to a place where we kind of skip winter. All the folks here call it winter because they don't know any better.

Winter is when they let you play on a Monday because the school buses are too cold to start. Winter is when the fire department has to go around and knock down giant icicles so they don't kill people. Winter is when you put the good car away in the garage until the salt gets washed away by the spring rains. Here, Winter is where you throw some rye grass seed on the lawn so it stays green throughout the year because Bermuda grass dies off between about November and February.
15175952104101841838441.jpg
Since I have fescue it's not such a problem.

Good morning Mossberg friends. 33 and partly cloudy this morning with a light breeze from the southeast. 40s and 50s forecast for the next week to ten days with a chance (80%) of rain Tuesday. We could surely use some as we are dry as a bone.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good Afternoon Mossberg Owners !!

Another awesome day here in Penn's Woods...bright sunshine but a bit brisk at 19 degrees...

But Hey....the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!

'nuff said... :cool:

Good morning you guys.

The weather is beautiful here and it appears that it will stay mild and sunny for the foreseeable future. It's 62 degrees in the shade on my patio.

I woke up this morning to a sick wife and sick fish. I think my wife has got a stomach bug. She had me drive her to the clinic where she goes but they are closed on Saturday now. I brought her home and she seems to be doing a little better now. Unfortunately I think I'm coming down with the same thing.

The fish have fungus which will yield to salt baths and water changes. But it looks like I will lose one of the tetras. Oh well. I've killed plenty of tetras in my day.

I have contacted 10 different contractors about remodeling my house and 9 have actually called me back. I hired one to do some casual work, and one did some then flaked out on me. Two are too busy to even give estimates.

Five of them will start coming at 9 Monday, morning until that Friday, to take measurements and give estimates.

I have a guy coming Monday morning to do some house painting and haul off trash.

So far we've installed a new concrete curb along our driveway, trenched the last bit of the drainage around our property and filled it with stones, repaired and repainted both of our gates, added a lamp post, relocated part of my fence, repaired, reinforced, and repainted 60' of fence, repaired the windowsill on our front bay window, replaced all the wood trim on the 3 windows, repaired sanded caulked & filled and repainted all of it.

We also laid out a new flower bed and filled it full of soil and laid a triple border of stones.

Some welding was done, a steel fence post was set in concrete, and we sealed up some various cracks in the stucco from settlement.

Because of groundwater pumping and the drought, the entire San Joaquin Valley settles continuously, and it's huge. I believe it has settled over 50 feet at the middle of the valley, mainly from groundwater pumping over the past hundred years. It's probably not more than 200 feet above sea level at that point and there is a swamp out there which is a wildlife refuge.

There's a lot of bird hunting near that area and I hope to get out there someday.

Any how you folks all have a nice Saturday.

Good morning fellow Mossberg owners and lovers. Sunny and 37 this morning. Not bad at all, but the high today is supposed to be only about 40.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners !!

Whose ready for some FOOTBALL !!!!

v1fNUpB.png

Good afternoon Mossberg owners. No I'm not watching the Super Bowl. I just don't care about them anymore.

I was going to do some work around the house today but I had to take my wife into the clinic. She has some problems with her balance. She also has an earache that comes and goes so I think she's got an inner ear infection.

But what do I know? Anyhow I took her in, and she got some drugs and she's feeling somewhat better.

I feel like I did too much last week and I just want to rest up.

Morning fellas.

Good night for the eagles! Better them than the brady...
Go Raiders!

I'm going in to get sliced open in a few minutes...
Dilly dilly
Philly philly....

Good morning fellas. Clear and 20 degrees this morning. There is a slight breeze out of the south at the time being.

I watched the last two minutes of the super bowl. It must have been a good game.

Good luck with the surgery rip. Prayers to guide the doctors.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning folks.

Busy day today for me. Housework & repairs. I've got a guy painting and I got contractors coming over to give estimates.

I'm supposed to go shooting next weekend with my fishing buddy Bobby who is also my shooting buddy Bobby. He's got a new 9mm I want to try out, and I need to get some more break in runs through those .380s.

Have a nice day and congrats to all you Eagles fans.

Back