• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

It's a sunny balmy 40° outside. I'm going to fire up the chainsaw and cut up some nice spalted sugar maple. It has some crazy figure in it...
The town cut down a tree down the road from me. Rough count of the rings is over 112!

That looks pretty cool Rip.

The cabinet is just a quickie job but as it's an aquarium cabinet the top is going to be really well sealed.

I put on the 6th coat of polyurethane tonight. Bear in mind that I've been block-sanding this between coats, so I end up removing some of the poly. If this one looks good when I block it out I may say it's enough but I doubt it. Since I'm not in a real hurry to finish this cabinet I will probably put on at least two more coats on the top.

It's looking pretty flat.
20180306_202729_resized.jpg

I found myself wishing I had bound the ends of the top, so you didn't see the end grain of the wood. Normally you would do that to prevent deterioration.

But I did these cabinets with the endgrain showing, and just put a ton of poly over the grain.

Don't take this wrong, but you've some nice wood Rip, LOL. Nice of the county to cut it down for ya.

Cadd, the cabinet is looking great. I like being able to see the grain there.

Oh btw, good morning MO forum folks. Sunny again but a bit chily this morning. Looks like we are heading nicely into spring.

Have a great day and be safe.

Stay warm. there's a storm coming in today. it was supposed to be here this morning but mother nature doesn't have a time schedule...lol

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Our weather here has cleared up for the time being and the expected rain showers are evidently going farther east.

So today will be devoted to more house painting and repairing.

I know I promised not to buy any more guns but I was looking today at this Savage model 110 in 6.5 Creedmoor and I like it a lot.

If it had the nice Boyd's stock instead of the plastic stock I might have broken my promise.:rolleyes:

But I have enough plastic guns thank you. I'm patient enough to hold out for something nicer.

Have a nice day guys.

Good morning everyone. Sunny skies and 31 this morning. I was going to drive up to Omaha this morning but have decided to go next week instead.

Cadd, go ahead and break your promise, we won't hold against you, LOL.

Well, gotta get going for now. You all have a nice day and be safe.

Good morning folks.

The weather here has been beautiful and it was sunny and 72 degrees yesterday. I expect today to be much the same with lots of blue sky.

I've been working on the Boatyard, trying to get rid of all my old junk and get everything cleaned up and protected from the weather. We had so much rain that I had an awning cave in because I had it set to low and it could not drain the water off fast enough.

I disassembled my crappy old boatyard work bench built a new work bench. Things are starting to look much better but there still a mess out there.

We've got about half the trim & soffits on the house repainted. I still have to get up on the roof and redo the Dutch Gable. It's tough to get to and it needs a lot of work. I might rent a boom lift for a couple days or I might actually build a temporary scaffold.

But I'm putting that off because it's the most difficult part of the painting. I have a 6:12 tile roof and it's not easy to stay up there.

I was gluing up a cabinet the other day and I pulled all my lead out of the ammunition safe to weight it down. That's when I realized that I have about 100 rounds of ammunition in process that I have not finished loading, plus a hundred rounds of brand new Premium .223 cases.

I'm getting the target shooting bug really bad, but before I go I want to load up 50 rounds with those new cases.

Eventually I'll have to take a break from all of this house painting and home repairs.

You all have a nice day.

@ripjack13
Looking at those photos reminds me of what it's like to live in the country.

It's been about 40 years, but I used to live in the middle of 80 acres of grapes and fruit trees and nuts, in a big rented farmhouse, with a barn and vegetable gardens and serious irrigation. The well had a 12-inch outflow.

The owner lived "next door" and took care of all of the crops except my gardens.

I've been missing that a lot lately.

Mornin to you all. Windy as all get out this morning and 57 degrees. A friend of mine took delivery of a new 2018 Goldwing yesterday afternoon so I think a ride might be taking place this afternoon. I'll just follow along on the old Nomad.

I must say that is one heck of a machine. Honda really changed the Wing for this year. New engine, new front suspension, his has a 7 speed double clutch automatic transmisssion, and on and on.

Have a great day and be safe.

@ripjack13
Looking at those photos reminds me of what it's like to live in the country.

It's been about 40 years, but I used to live in the middle of 80 acres of grapes and fruit trees and nuts, in a big rented farmhouse, with a barn and vegetable gardens and serious irrigation. The well had a 12-inch outflow.

The owner lived "next door" and took care of all of the crops except my gardens.

I've been missing that a lot lately.

The white building in the picture is the old one room school house here in town. The owner of it doesn't want to sell it nor the land it sits on. Which is just the footprint of the building. It's getting rotted away and needs some restoration. I've been in contact with the guy, and he's just an old douchebag who doesn't care about it, but yet doesn't want it to get restored either. Sad...I'd love to work on that thing....

Goooooood morning MO forum. 50 this morning with a high, thin overcast. The high today should be 70ish. We could sure use an inch or two of rain.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend. Stay safe, stay vigilant.

Good morning all. It was a little after 2:00 a.m. but the clocks just jumped to 3:00 a.m. for daylight savings time. I'm normally asleep at this hour but I had to go pick up my boy from a school party and now I can't sleep. Have a great day all!

Back