• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all you Mossberg lovers. Cloudy and 51 this morning. We had a bit of rain earlier but it's all moved to the east of us.

Me thinks today might be a good day to pay a visit to an antique store and or pawn shop, just to see what I can see.

I hope you all have a grand day.

Good Friday morning fellas. A strange thing happened this morning. The sun is shining. It's been four days since I had last seen that big orange ball. The temp is 42, and no wind. Looks like a nice day.

Have a great weekend and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners and Friends.

The weather here has been fabulous since the rains ended and yesterday we had a high of 81°F !!!

The Blossom Trail is freaking beautiful and I actually blew the dust off my motorcycle yesterday & got it out there. I also took my favorite skateboard for a short ride to celebrate the fact that I am almost done fixing my front doors.

Yesterday was spent scraping sanding and priming, and the second Leaf is looking much nicer now. These doors are 28 years old and they had a lot of dings and gouges, so there was much sanding and filling involved. That will go on today as well.

Also I have assembled a sump for my second 30 gallon aquarium and I have been testing and improving that.

The plumbing is rather experimental & I have never seen anyone do exactly what I am doing, although I'm sure it must have been done somewhere. Everyone uses PVC Schedule 40 for drain pipes which is ridiculous. It has a very low flow rate for unpressurized use. I'm using larger polypropylene drain plumbing, which is lighter and flows better, & pool hose which makes the drain quieter because there's no sharp bends in it.

I don't have any good photographs of it yet and I'm working on a bigger and better set up right now anyway, so I'll just post some photos of plants and fish.

These are the Cory Guys having dinner.
20180323_180229_resized.jpg

Mr. Spooky is sort of a Half Breed Split tail Dragon Scale Betta, masked red. A total mutt I am afraid.
20180311_140714_resized.jpg
He is basically red white and blue, but Spooky's coloration tends to purple in places.

Everything depends on the lighting because the blue top layer in his coloration is iridescent, and it does not reflect in one direction, as do the other "flat" color layers.

Bettas have four color layers one on top of the other and what those layers do depends on its genetics and determines how it looks.
20180323_180022_resized.jpg

20180308_190802_resized_2(1).jpg
If he were a true dragon scale without the red mask he would probably go blind eventually, as the scales will literally cover up the eyes.

Here's a very pregnant little corydoras.
20180323_180327.jpg

7 assorted Corey's share the tank with Pepper the pleco.
20180311_135100_resized.jpg

Now that the weather has cleared up and it's time to get out and really fix up the house. I'm almost ready to sign a contract and Judy was ready weeks ago.

Due diligence is not her strong suit. She would tend to fly by the seat of her pants, not having my 40+ years experience around the construction business.

But we are so close now that I can smell it as they say.

Have a nice day folks, and hopefully I'll have some more shooting stories now that the weather has cleared up.

Last edited:
Good morning friends. 48 and clear this morning with a breeze out of the south. We have a good chance of thunderstorms later today and into the evening. It's going to warm up to about 70, then a cold front moves through. Tomorrow the high should be right at 40.

Not much going on today. This afternoon we are going to one of Marilyn's daughters house to watch Kansas and Villanova play basketball. I'm not sure why, but we are.

Cadd, glad to hear you got the Nomad out for a ride. It's good therapy.

Well, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Morning folks.....
Out with the grandson walking our neighbors feilds looking for sheds. Nothin so far. His idea when he saw the box full I have....

Enjoy the day!!

Good morning MOers.
I just woke up and realized I don't have any April Fools Jokes planned.
I realized I may be too old to make up jokes.
But if you tell me a good one I might steal it.

Good morning MOers. Cloudy and 41 with a north wind. The temp is supposed to drop today instead of going up, LOL. I guess that is mother natures April Fools joke on us.

Happy Easter to all of yous.

Good morning and Happy Easter, Mossberg owners and Friends.

The weather here continues to be beautiful and sunny.

I painted my second leaf from the front door yesterday and put it up last night, and then I unboarded the front of the house.

It looks pretty nice this morning, but I was up very late getting that accomplished.

But I had to get it done so that the house will be nice when the family comes over.

Color me happy.
:):):)

Good morning MOF, cloudy and 36 this morning. It looks like a week of below normal temperatures and some rain to go with it

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning folks. It's another lovely morning in California.

The kids came over and everything went well yesterday and now it's just dealing with the aftermath.

If you need a good laugh this morning this might do it...

Good morning MOers. Windy, cloudy, and 60 this morning. The man says the high will be 61 as another cold front is blowing through this afternoon. We might even drop into the 20s tonight. Geesh, springtime. Oh well, we have not have any violent weather yet, knock on wood.

Cadd, she is always good for a laugh. Looney Tunes is so fitting.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossbergites. 33 and sunny this morning but no wind, yet. The low last night was 31. The high today should be close to 60. All in all a nice day.

Another gun show in town this weekend. I am planning to go and check it out. Never know what one might run across.

Have a great day and be safe.

Mornin fellas....the fog is thick up here right now. Only 44° out at the moment. But the good gnews is the snow is pretty much gone! Let's hope that doesn't happen again. I heard peepers last week and then it snowed. Stupid global warming. Lol

Enjoy the day!!

Good morning my forum friends.

Today I am 63 years on this Earth. It doesn't seem like it's been that long until I take a good look in the mirror.

Today I'm going to do some shopping have dinner out with my wife and watch a movie. I will putter around with my aquariums.

I would like to go shooting, but my hands are so sore from sanding and scraping and chiseling that I really don't want to do anything that approaches work today.

I wouldn't mind going to a gun show today but they aren't publicized very well and they don't happen around here much.

OTOH, there are at least 10 gun shops within 10 miles of me. Some specialize in guns, and some specialize in reloading, and some specialize in military style weapons.

My buddy the FFL basically got run out of business when he got caught up in a minor illegality, during a training exercise by the California doj.

But after $20,000 in legal expenses and other expenses he is back in business. I think I'll go order a new gun from him out of sympathy. I think I might like an FN full frame 9mm, but I am also in the mood for a semi-auto shotgun.

Thanks guys and I did not buy a new shotgun.

I bought another 10 gallon aquarium from Petco for 10 bucks on sale. Actually I'm going to cut it up and use it for parts to build a sump out of another 10 gallon tank.

I Got 5 pieces of glass for $10, and they would cost me $12 to $15 each to have cut at the local glass store.

All I have to do is take a razor blade and scrape off the silicone.

Color me cheap. ;)

Cadd, nobody tells me nuttin'.

th

Happy B'day.

Mornin fellas. Its 29 outside. And 63 inside. I haven't played aroundin my shop in a lil while. I think I need some sawdust therapy today. My buddy sent me a huge chunk of curly koa last week.
downloadfile.jpeg

I'm going to cut it open today....
stay tuned....

Back