• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning you guys although it's almost lunch here.

Today we are packing up everything in the kitchen and preparing to take the cabinet's down off the walls.

The old kitchen cabinets are going to become my new garage cabinets so I've been moving things around in the garage to put them up.

In the process of cleaning up my garage I am finding empty shells and empty brass, and rifle scopes and parts that I have forgotten about.

Also it is totally amazing how many screws and nuts I drop on the floor and don't recover until we have a major housecleaning event.

Good day fellas. It's well after noon in Omaha. I drove up yesterday. It is in the mid 80s but that is going to change tomorrow. I'll be here till mid afternoon Friday, then drive to Oklahoma. Well, unless I change my mind.

Have a great day.

Good evening my Mossberg Brothers.

Well the good news is that we've got the garage cleaned up pretty well and we've got the kitchen almost ready for demolition but the bad news is I think our dog Ricky is on his last legs.

He might have a touch of heat prostration because he's a big hairy thing and it was awful hot.

He's resting under the air conditioning right now but he's only managed to get up a couple times & he hasn't walked very far.

Usually he barks 3 or 4 times when I come home, but not today.

He's big and he's old and tired with a limping leg, & I think he's suffering from a partial bowel obstruction or strangulation of some organs due to internal tumors.
20160630_083718.jpg
Since my wife broke her knee we've had a lady come to help take care of things and she may be over-feeding him.

So maybe it's just the Heat and a touch of colic and he's got a ways to go yet.

Happy Flag Day my friends.

I am sad to report that we lost our dog Ricky last night. My wife knew he was bad and wanted me to rush him crosstown to the emergency vet at 5pm.

But it was 103°F yesterday, and didn't want his last moments to be out there suffering in the back of a pickup truck, driving in the Fresno Heat in rush hour traffic.

He passed peacefully in the family room with all of us about
112.jpeg

Goodbye ol' Ricky. You were a good and faithful dog to the end.

Cadd, sorry to hear Ricky passed. We get so close to our pets. I think you made wise decision to let him go at home.

I am back in Oklahoma. I drove back yesterday , got back about 9:30 last evening. Another hot and windy day in store for us.

Thank you fellows.

20160630_083718.jpg
In this photo you can actually see the ridge on his snout which is why I called him "Ricky the Rhodesian Ridgenose."

My wife is taking his death really well, and I think it has everything to do with the fact that she has another dog to keep her happy.

I have been really busy trying to rip the salvagable cabinets out of my kitchen...
20180614_173402_resized.jpg

... and install them in the garage...
12309.jpeg
. . . before the contractor starts demo on Monday.

What you see on my garage wall is basically three cabinets, and they are not exactly the same outside depth.

I'm going to build a mop cabinet, and I will patch things up and put up a wooden clock to disguise the fact that the cabinets don't match exactly.

I have 3 more wall cabinets to work with but I do not think I will use any of the existing floor cabinets. They're all covered with ceramic tile and would make terrible workbenches. I did Salvage all the drawers, doors and hardware.

Anyhow I'm going to be cooking in the garage for a while, which is air conditioned, or out on the patio with a barbecue which is hot.

Tomorrow I have to move my fridge out to the garage, and prepare the master bathroom for demolition.

I saw on the news where one of the schools decided to arm their teachers with buckets full of rocks and another school thought it was good idea to give them little kiddie-size baseball bats like you might get at Dodger Stadium.

Of course they will be under lock and key unless there is an emergency, so nobody steals this valuable defense mechanism for a quick game of rock ball!

I guess none of those guys have ever seen Fear the Walking Dead.

The only way a guy with a bat can get close to the guy with an AR is while he's changing those damn 10-round magazines.

Good morning folks. It's a lovely cool day in Clovis and really much cooler than expected. We're a hundred miles from the ocean but I can smell the sea air outdoors.

I had a late night cleaning up the garage and moving things around organizing tools Etc. Today I have to move the refrigerator and all of my food and I have to move the washer and dryer and utility sink and empty out my master bathroom.

Monday I rest and somebody else starts working. :)

Good Monday morning Mossberg fans. We'll be heading to Tulsa late this morning. I left for Omaha last Tuesday and drove to lake Friday. It'll be good to get back to Tulsa.

It looks like we might get some rain this week and a break from the heat.

I hope you all get a great start to your week. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Good morning folks. Demolition has started & the work has not stopped for me.

Our kitchen is 90% demo'd. The master bathroom will start demolition today.

Good morning MOers. Clear and 74 this morning with a southerly breeze. I got all of the yard work caught up yesterday after we got back from the lake. Yay.

I need to run to the bank and grocery today and definitely clean my car inside and out. There should be no bugs between Omaha and Tulsa from the looks of the car.

Anyways, ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Howdy fellas. i've been mia for a bit. Getting things around here settled in. I've missed ya'll.
Cad, I offer my condolences to you and your wife about Ricky. He looks happy in your pix. I'm sure he was well taken care of, knowing you.
Sometimes I wish they lived longer. I hate that they have such a short life span compared to ours. Cats too.

It's a warm 94 over here. slight breeze feels good.
I ordered a ton of Mossberg Owners hats. Finally got em delivered. These cost me more than the first batch I did in 2012. But these are made from ripstop material, so I hope they last longer than before. I still have a couple of the first batch. I would have liked to find some decent looking ones that were blaze orange, but no dice. So they're all green camo.

Cleaning out the garage this week. I also a few custom pens to make. The guy wants to use the G2 pen ink. It's longer than a normal ink refill, so I need to find a tube that fits as well as a clicker type kit that will work with the ink....

enjoy the day.

Good Day folks.

More demolition today. I met with the contractor and the plumber and the framer. The major demo is done. The rough framing is in.

I worked on my garage and helped my limping wife. I finally got my gun bench cleaned up really good.

Now I'm having a cold one on the patio.

Good morning MOers. 74 here with partly cloudy skies. It looks as if we might get some rain today according to the radar.

Wow Scoop. That is a mess, mine wasn't that bad.LOL.

Welcome back rip. And thanks for getting the hats. I am so looking forward to having one on my head.

Cadd, you deserve that cold one, LOL. Now you can sit back and supervise the construction.

You all have a great day...

Good morning MOers. Nice clear morning with a temp of 72..

Morning Dj, welcome back to the coffee club.

We got a little rain yesterday. Not nearly enough,but better than a swift kick in the rear. Hopefully we'll be fortunate enough to get more soon.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Back