• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg owners.

This was today's sunrise over my home in Clovis.
20170704_072023.jpg

They just ripped out a walnut orchard across from my daughter's house. 300+ big 100 year old trees, and she only saved me one small log.

Probably enough for a Savage .22 stock, plus some wood for an AR fixed butstock, if it doesn't crack much. Maybe I should rip it before it seasons any further.

They just ripped out a walnut orchard across from my daughter's house. 300+ big 100 year old trees, and she only saved me one small log.

Probably enough for a Savage .22 stock, plus some wood for an AR fixed butstock, if it doesn't crack much. Maybe I should rip it before it seasons any further.

Rip it to a good rough size. seal the end grain with either anchor seal, or latex paint to keep it from drying out too fast and cracking...
also, before you cut it up, layout an outline of the stocks you plan to make on the block itself to see if you like the pattern. You want to try to keep the grain going horizontally for the strength...and put the crazy swirly grain in the buttstock....

Thank you Rip.

She said there are still a few rough stumps & scraps and if I get time I will try and score some burlwood.

I'm afraid that my mom is seeing her last days. I had to give her morphine three times yesterday. My daughters stayed with her all night and I'm going back this morning.

She cannot take pills and they have stopped nearly all her medication except for morphine and one anti-anxiety drug.

She was not able to eat at all yesterday and barely took 8 oz of liquid all day. I do not think she can continue this way for more than 2 days. Her heart is too weak, and her breathing too shallow to even speak. She does not have the strength to suck water through a straw.

Wow...thats tough to watch someone go through that.
My memere was 99 and just passed. She had the same things done, and she was just tired, she told me she was ready.
I wish your Mom good thoughts.

I'm afraid that my mom is seeing her last days. I had to give her morphine three times yesterday. My daughters stayed with her all night and I'm going back this morning.

She cannot take pills and they have stopped nearly all her medication except for morphine and one anti-anxiety drug.

She was not able to eat at all yesterday and barely took 8 oz of liquid all day. I do not think she can continue this way for more than 2 days. Her heart is too weak, and her breathing too shallow to even speak. She does not have the strength to suck water through a straw.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this difficult time!

Good morning and thank you folks.

Mom is still hanging on. I am pretty well exhausted but I would be there now. Fortunately I have a sister and two daughters , the elder granddaughters, a niece, and my wife to help.

After I have my tea and read the news I'm going to go back to see Mom.

Back