• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Clear skies and 63. We had a cold front move through yesterday that brought us about a half inch of rain in 30 minutes. It's much appreciated.

I am headed to an estate sale/auction this morning. Maybe I'll find a bargain.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Clear skies and 63. We had a cold front move through yesterday that brought us about a half inch of rain in 30 minutes. It's much appreciated.
Love auctions good luck

I am headed to an estate sale/auction this morning. Maybe I'll find a bargain.

I hope you all have a great day.

Mornin' ya'll.

Up early today to get things moving. finish plumbing & electrical is going in today, and Judy is off at phys therapy, so I am home, directing.

Maybe tomorrow.....

I wish I could say good morning but I've had a rotten night . I'm going to feel better in a little while because I'm going out shooting this morning.

In the course of my sleeplessness I stumbled across this:

https://www.cryptocoincreator.com/currency/amacoin/client/faqs.php

And some news about amazon.com becoming its own bank.

I don't know much about Bitcoin but I understand that this Amacoin can be used to buy other Bitcoins.

I'm trying to figure out if this Amacoin is directly related to Amazon.com . . . which is inevitable in my mind since they are trying to be their own bank now as well.

if this new scheme goes through, anyone should be able to just have their paycheck directly deposited at amazon.com, and buy whatever, as if it were a bank.

The thing I haven't figured out is: are they going to start doing transactions in Amacoin? For whatever reasons.

This whole nonsense is just blowing my mind.

Good morning MOers. Clear skies and 66 this morning. The high should be 90 later this afternoon.

I went to an auction yesterday and the weather was perfect. The auction was well attended . I was bought some ammo for my .243 and three knives. I'll try to post pics in the knife thread.

Today I'll go to the grocery to get a few things, and I need to run the weed eater. I need to get things done as we'll be going to the lake this weekend.

Have a great day and be safe.

The thing I haven't figured out is: are they going to start doing transactions in Amacoin? For whatever reasons.
This whole nonsense is just blowing my mind.

What you have figured out is that you haven't figured it out. HINT HINT. I wouldn't want to have every penny of my wealth tied up in stuff that depends on blockchains and electrons. There is an inherent instability well beyond good old cash.

Rikki Greenspan, a 25-year-old New Yorker who works in advertising, arrived at a theater with her grandmother over the weekend only to discover she couldn’t buy a ticket with her MoviePass card. Instead, she had to pay cash. The person behind her in line was also having issues buying a ticket with the service.
“They didn’t answer the phone,” said Greenspan. “There was an automated chat on the app, but that didn’t do anything. It seems like the company is pretty much over.”​

So there is another electronic money handling service down the drain. I'm still more comfortable with my jingley stuff.

For a sobering view of the technology, Google "blockchain dangers."

upload_2018-8-1_9-9-9.jpeg

@Scoop.

Thanks a million buddy but I don't have a dime invested at any of that cryptostuff. I've been watching computers/networks crash every day for almost 4 decades.

There is no way I could get comfortable with such things, even though in my mind they are not as nuts as somethings our government does.

Do you remember back when we were kids, they were telling us that metal money would be history by the year 2000? It was even in Ripley's Believe It or Not in the Sunday Funnies.

Refugees who come here start and buying and stashing metal money. Gee I wonder what happened to their paper stuff?

The countries they came from had big inflation problems, and their paper was worth bupkis.

My theory is that somebody will eventually hack the thing (when it becomes valuable enough to commit the resources) and then they will own all the coin.

It might be someone who wants the money but it could just as easily be someone rich who wants the system to fail.

A big problem in my mind is security and control of the blockchains and associated crypto currency. If more that 50% of the miners collude they can maliciously control the system.

The risk of a 51% attack applies to blockchain solutions as well. If someone controls more than half of the computing power currently being used for mining, then that person can surreptitiously write an alternative financial history. That version then becomes reality. Thus, it becomes possible to spend the same money more than once. Traditional payment systems are immune to such an attack.
Understanding that risk and knowing the following does not give me a very safe feeling.

...the majority of pools, along with their computing powers, are located inside one country, which makes it much easier to capture them and gain control over Bitcoin.

This may not really be a Good Morning topic so further discussion should probably be taken to a new thread.

Here is the real problem with computers.

We can theorize all day about the ways a system could be taken down, or made secure.

And then one day it's compromised because of something no one ever thought of.

I crashed into a secure system by accident once simply because I hit \\ instead of backspace backspace, then pushed enter without seeing my mistake.

Next thing I know I'm looking at the secure database of all the users private information. Addresses phone numbers everything....

This happened as I was attempting to join one of those free internet companies back in the 90s. I called about their error, and they corrected it right away, but their business never really took off, and it was totally gone within 2 years.

Anyhow you see my point. It's almost impossible to test every possible data entry error that a user could make into a database. If I was a black hat guy I could have compromised the accounts of a whole lot of people!

But this s*** happens every once in a while and they're not always nice guys that stumble into these things.

That was, in fact the third time that such a thing as ever happened in my life, where I inadvertently hacked a system.

Which is not to say that I've never hacked anything on purpose. I have hacked plenty of games that I found boring and decided I wanted to see the end of.

Sometimes I had help with the hacking and sometimes I did not. Often the solution was more simple than you folks could believe.

But those were kid games & not complex Financial systems, yet I don't for a moment hold the illusion that such systems are truly secure.

A famous musician once told the Press, " I am not a virtuoso. A virtuoso can play anything. I can only play what I know."

It's hard to play what you don't know the tempo of and it's hard to secure against threats that you don't know the nature of.

Good morning MOers. Mid 60s and clear skies this morning. Looks like nice weather for the weekend. The temps will be low 90s and no rain forecast.

We'll be heading to the lake later today. Hopefully I can run out to my freinds place and do a little target shooting while we are there. He lives close and has a couple of hundred acres.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Mornin fellerz...
It's 81 right now. And sunny. Yay!
Cad, I have a bitcoin wallet, but no coin in it yet. I like jingling coins better...

Going in for a knee surgery later today. I'm starving! No food after midnite....the op is after 2:30.....killing me smalls!

Stay cool.....

I didn't know about the knee RipJack, I hope this goes well. My missus is now able to walk around without her leg brace but her knee is still very weak and she can't easily raise her foot when she's in a sitting position.

Today the plumbers came out and patched up a couple bits but we don't have a finished master bathroom yet so the job is on hold until our shower door and plumbing is installed tomorrow.

My new stove is on the truck for delivery and they said it would be here sometime before 10 a.m.

4 hours later I'm still waiting.

I'm also waiting for the electrician to come install my GFI and wire up some switches. I was expecting him about 9 a.m.

Fortunately this is one of those things you only have to do about once in your whole lifetime if you're smart.

Good morning fellas. Another beauty of a morning. About 70 and clear with a nice breeze.

The marina has been quite this weekend, very relaxing. I did take a nice motorcycle ride Friday . I was out for about 3 hours and rode about 130 miles.

I hope you all are have a great weekend.

Good morning all, i took a mental health break and went up to NC to do a little hiking and relaxing its been a crazy couple months moving things. Visit Kings Mountain battlefield very nice and enjoyable area fabulous reminders of our past and founding fathers sacrifices. Not remebering myself battles fought in southern areas to defeat the Brits during revolution. 20180804_131534_HDR.jpg 20180804_131520.jpg 20180804_133121_HDR.jpg 20180805_144319.jpg 20180805_110321.jpg 20180804_124028.jpg Standing on ground were shop keepers farmers teachers etc... Made a decision to stand and fight the finest proffessional army in world at the time with the tools and arms they had at home to perpetuate an idea of how they wanted to live and raise theyre families is humbling to me and a vived reminder of why no compromises on certain things EVER !!!
Also did Crowders mountain it is a rough one to peak but well worth effort nice region to check out if your near, and my travel took me thru Greenville so PalmettoSA is right there to putz around in. Yall have great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. We have south winds this morning and fair weather clouds. The temperature is 78 degrees. We'll be warm today for sure.,

We are still at the lake, be heading home about noon.

Nice pics DJ, looks like you had a nice time ,and informative as well. I guess we need to bone up on our history before the liberals decide they want the revolutionary war monuments torn down as well.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a safe weekend.

Back