• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. High clouds this morning with a temp of 73. We did have a couple of very brief showers yesterday, actually just sprinkles.

Don, I need to get a pole out and do some fishing myself. Haven't fished all summer and I spend almost every weekend at a lake in Oklahoma.
We don't have any Trout, but their are lots of Bass, Crappie, Catfish, and Perch.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Oh my !!!! What an awesome morning stepped out 5a.m. its brisk breezy 62 degrees, has hunting morning feel. Its just a tease lot of heat yet to go but foe this moment feels nice. Old glory catching slight wind cows down road mooing away, counting today as a blessing. 15351024507251366143062.jpg Yall have a wonderful day. 15351024507251366143062.jpg

Good morning to all of you, and thank God for another beautiful day for this is a sad story.

Several weeks, ago a relative of my wife (umm... her much older half-sister's daughter) saw her grandson the doper come home from jail. He was on foot, and his Grandma's house was the first stop after being released.

She said he was acting unusually industrious, cleaning up her messy patio. I told her that I thought he was out there looking for a lost drug stash when she described the ensuing disaster. See, the kid never cleaned anything in his life, and all of a sudden he's doing whatever I do when I have lost a wrench: start cleaning up the place.

I think he found something because she said that she saw him messing with a barbecue lighter, on the barbecue, even though there was no meat to barbecue.

She said she was standing at the kitchen sink when she saw him come in the back door and go out the front door in a hurry. She looked out after him and saw no one, so went back to the sink. A minute later she realized that the barbecue was on fire and so was her porch and all the junk on it.

She said she ran out of the apartment, looked around in horror for her missing grandson, and then realized that her pets were in a burning building and ran back inside.

She emerged with one scorched guinea pig and burns on 30% of her body. Her apartment and all her possessions burned to the ground, and she landed in a hospital bed with skin grafts and painful wounds.

I do not think the grandson has been seen since that day, which is extremely fortunate for him; but I expect that parole dept has sent the sheriff a warrant for his arrest.

After as much time in the hospital as MediCal with allow, she was sent home to live with an adult daughter. She was surviving but in much pain because some of the skin grafts failed and she had lost some muscle tissue as well.

We received the call yesterday that the coroner had confirmed her dead, at the age of 58 years, of unknown causes at the daughters house. I suspect that she had an infection that the hospital had failed to successfully treat and succumbed to sepsis.

There are other possibilities but I am not going to speculate on them, and I will just say that I'm quite horrified by the entire course of events.

I'm going to go try and clean up my garage and cheer up a little bit. My wife is not taking this very well at all.

Cadd, that is indeed a sad story. There seems to be so many opportunities there for a turn in the right direction, and yet things just kept going the wrong way.

My condolences to you and Judy.

Mornin MOers. We came home yesterday from the lake. It was a relaxing weekend, hot during the day and beautiful evenings. Friday and Saturday evening we just sat on the deck and had a glass (or two) of wine and watched the boats and the people.

Next weekend will be the last busy time up there for this year.

It's rather warm this morning , 77 with clear skies and a brisk breeze out of the south. The highs the next few days will be mid 90s and not much of a chance for rain. This is typical weather for us this time of year.

have a great day.

Hey guys. Just heard a truck, which means my new vanity top & sink are here. Hopefully the major work will finish today, with just paint and such remaining.

Well, I can hope.

Ya'll have a nice day.

Good morning MOers. Clear and 76 this morning and it will be mid 90s again later. With the temps and wind it is almost impossible to keep plants watered, but I try. I'm not complaining though, this will change soon enough.

Cadd, your home will soon be yours again. This has been quite the project. I imagine you have a few projects you are rarin to get too, LOL.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Meanie. Well my house is getting closer. The new baseboards got painted yesterday and they look very nice.

But I rejected the Granite again, and they will recut it.

Twice they broke my granite, and twice I rejected Granite they have cut.

Because there are large Granite quarries close to this area it is less expensive compared to some other areas of the country, and demand is so high that getting good installers is almost impossible.

My buddy picked up a large lot of .45 ACP and .45-70 bullets & brass at auction, and he is trying to get me back on the reloading bench.

Unfortunately there are just too many other responsibilities right now.

That's an excellent view right there Dj. What a way to start your day. color me green with envy. I don't have anything around here to compare to that unless I drive for an hour or so. I can however look out the back window and see a Holiday Inn Express and a Target Store. They just are not quite as inspiring any time day or night.

Have a great day and be safe.

That's an excellent view right there Dj. What a way to start your day. color me green with envy. I don't have anything around here to compare to that unless I drive for an hour or so. I can however look out the back window and see a Holiday Inn Express and a Target Store. They just are not quite as inspiring any time day or night.

Have a great day and be safe.

If you ever get a chance you should run over to Newton County Ark.....Highway 7 and the Grand Canyon south of Jasper, Lost Valley Trail over by Ponca and then there is the Buffalo River.

100_7907.JPG

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Well we have all the cabinets, vanities, sinks, floors, baseboards, and painting which we have contracted for, and just waiting to hook up the last bit of plumbing.

We still have to buy some bathroom mirrors and a lot of the house has not been painted yet. In fact, just the two bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room are painted, so we must still paint the foyer, two bedrooms, office, hall, dining room, parlor and den.

We are also going to change the baseboards in the parlor and den, but other than that and a couple light fixtures the remodeling is essentially done and I can start moving my aquariums back around soon.

I still got 10 tanks stuck in one room and the temperature in there never Falls below 80°. Those tanks are all at 84° without any heaters plugged in at all.

Now I have a well-insulated house, and a good AC system, and I could reduce the temperature a little bit but it's not that important. These are tropical fish and it's normal for their temperature to go up in the summer time.

Anyhow this is been a long job and I wish I could say it was all over but I'm afraid the painting and moving of aquariums is still a considerable issue.

Good morning MOers. Mostly sunny skies and 75 at 8 am. Looks like another warm day for us. Oh well, don't have to shovel warm.

I have some projects at home that need to be taken care of. I seem to push them back during the summer, LOL. Painting the garage, new garbage disposal, and replace some boards on the deck to name a few.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Off to range today at club. The state range opened after a remodel, 2.1 mil. $ worth. it is very nice. I will go there during the week as it is very busy on week ends and they don't need me taking up a bench when I can go during the week when the rest of the world is working. I'm makeing the most of this retirement.

Good morning MO forum. We drove to the lake yesterday afternoon. 88 and muggy when we arrived. Within an hour thunderstorms pushed trough the area. We had some wind, a good rain, and the temperature dropped 20 degrees.

This morning is a real beauty. Clear and 64 with a slight breeze. The high today should be mid to upper 80s. A nice day for sure.

I hope the range went well Don. Being retired means flexibility.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

'Morning guys.

I have been plastering, shimming, nailing and fixing door trim, and getting ready to paint trim wood. If we can just get the laundry room trim sanded and painted today, tomorrow we get to try out the new washing machine.

But I had one door which was hung crooked, and I finally fixed it so it doesn't swing shut, on my butt, while I am putting clothes in the dryer. There was three rounds of hand plastering to make that mess look good, but it does now.

Or will when I get my butt in there to sand and paint.

Is it Friday yet? All this labor is cutting into my retirement loafing schedule.

Good afternoon fellas.

Cad, I offer my condolences to you, Judy, and the family. Sad to hear that sort of stuff. Losing a family member is tough....

Had our grandson for the past week. Man, what a little bag of energy he is. Non stop, from wake to bed. I'm pooped. We did lot's of trips and lot's of walking. Aquariums, museum, forest hike, fishing, and frog and salamander catching and insect collection. If it crawled or flew in front of us, we caught it and studied it before releasing them. We have a semi-stream in the back yard so the frogs were all up and down it. I think we caught them all at least twice, but he kept a total, and said there were 38 of them. Heh heh heh....
Cad, I finally got the 40 gal tank set up. Two gold fish in it and I'm getting a pleco tonight for free from a neighbor who doesnt have the room for it. It's about 8" long. I'll see about getting some pix of it later...
My knee is better, but sore from all the walking and the animal collecting....But we had a great time.
We have another grandson coming soon. Hunter Peter. Named after me and her father. I like that. I got First billing. Heh heh heh.....

Nice cool day today.
Life's good.
Enjoy yours.....

Back