• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning. Beautiful morning at the lake. It's gonna be a hot one today.
Rip, sounds like you had a great time. That takes me back to my childhood and my grandpa. Great memories.
I hope everyone has a great day.

Rip, the spotted pleco is a real Beauty. I can never tell if they are male or female so I always give them kind of unisex names or of vacuum cleaners.

Kirby, Hoover, Pepper, Baby Morton LOL

So what are you going to stock the 40 with besides plecostomus?

I like fish because they have great advantages as pets. They don't puke all over and you don't have to let them in and out all the time. When they poop it's always in the same place and the system pretty much cleans it up for you. They don't wake you up every night barking at some truck. You never find hair on your pillow or kitty litter on your blanket.

They don't annoy your guests. You never trip over them in the middle of the night.

They can't guard the house of course, but then our mamillian pets pretty much are worthless in that respect too.

Glorious morning all ! Its a beauty for sure. Someone said its a holiday ? Im enjoying permanent retired holiday so il do same as most days today i believe. I hope everyone can enjoy it with friends or family or just at peace have a great day gang !! God bless you and God bless America.15359775914362022541230.jpg

Happy labor day. I will take a day off, more or less (since I too am retired from business.)

Good timing too, as I spent most of the last two days planing, scraping and sanding Krylon off an oak shelf. I put it there about 10 years ago and it never fully cured. I think it reacted to the wood stain. It felt dry, but anything you sat on it for a day started to stick. This was a laundry shelf so it had bits of soap box stuck to the top and lint stuck to the bottom.

Being solid red oak, 1x8 and 8' long, lovingly routed and hand sanded, I had to save it regardless of the labor. Plus at 63, the PT does me a lot of good. I've sharpened my jack plane & shaved the shelf, (I don't have a planer.) This would have been a good excuse to buy one maybe . . .

But I did need the exercise.

I went through several packs of sandpaper and screen, block sanding the faces within an inch of their (and my) lives. Now I must re-do the edges, and they might get shaved with the router, then sanded. I might just shape a blade like a draw-knife and shave them by hand though. My hand router is a monster that will destroy things without 110% control. Very risky at this stage plus it may scuff the faces.

I was an idiot for not doing the edges first, before sanding the faces.

10pm

Just finished rubbing out the stain, and sat down to watch the tube.

I have over 20 hrs refinishing this shelf. Still must fine sand and varnish. 3 times. So maybe by Friday it will be back up.

Mornin gents.
I trust everyone had a great day yesterday?
:perfect:

So what are you going to stock the 40 with besides plecostomus?.

I was thinking of crayfish/freshwater lobster. either a blue one or an orange one. Maybe some smaller schooling fish? I don't want to crowd it, but I'd like the two fish there to have some company besides the plecto. It never comes out of the rock cave I made. (I'll get a pic up later)

have a great day....

Rocks are heavy, so I put a sheet of plastic under the gravel to distribute the weight of em on the glass. And in the center where the cross brace is.
He loves it. He's upside down inside there....

Good morning all. What a long weekend, we got home yesterday afternoon. The weather was good and the lake was busy. It's always good to get back home after a long holiday weekend.

I trust everyone stayed safe and out of trouble.

Have a great day.

Hello Mossberg folks.

Still working on the house today. I put another coat of stain on the shelves and all the brackets and then rubbed it all out by hand. I'm going to let it dry another 24 hours before I put the Poly on.

Most of the garish brass hardware is disappearing to be replaced by either antique bronze or brushed nickel depending on what room. A lot of the hardware I'm just refinishing myself, but I'm going to buy some new ceiling fans because they are just way out of style and getting worn out.

I had to correct a door Post in our house that was crooked & when I did that I had to correct some baseboards and plaster. Reinstalled my old utility sink and hooked up the water softener so now our laundry room is fully functional again.

I still have a new light fixture and lots of shelf paper to install and because the master bathroom is not 100% complete I have not put up the towel bars Etc.

So lots of work remaining to do on the house, and bit by bit I'm getting it done.

Good morning fellers. We have 73 and rain this morning. This is a nice rain, one that will soak in.

Cadd, one of these first days you are going to be finished with the house and won't know what to do with your time. I bet it sure is gonna be nice when finished.

DJ, that's an awesome sunrise. Behold the wonders of mother nature at work.

You guys have a great day.

Back