• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. We drove home yesterday. Had a nice relaxing couple of days at the lake though.

Cloudy skies this morning and a temp of 69.

I have not had a fish since I was a kid. Back then we just had a couple of goldfish and some guppies. When I go to get dog food I always look at the fish for a while. Some of them are quite colorful while others can be downright ugly.

Cadd, if you aren't careful you be having to build another room for fish.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning to all of yous. The dog has been fed and let out. He comes back in and goes back in the bedroom to catch up on his sleep. Like he needs it, he has just taken care of everything he does these days.

It clear this morning and warm. Supposed to be in the low to mid 80s this afternoon. I have my first cup of coffee of the day and things look good. Life is good to me.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning fellas. Another beauty of a day shaping up. Clear skies today and highs in the mid 80s. Life doesn't get any better.

Have yourselves a great day.

The dog has been fed and let out. He comes back in and goes back in the bedroom to catch up on his sleep. Like he needs it, he has just taken care of everything he does these days.

My dog is still on my bed. She has turned into a sleep hound. she loves our bed more than hers and I even made it more comfortable than our bed. If it was big enough, I'd sleep on her bed ....

:mornin:
mornin fellas. hows the house coming along today cad?

Good morning or good night or good Lord I am tired from working on this new aquarium cabinet. . . .
20181002_214249_resized_1.jpg
That is the door and hinge post from one of our old kitchen cabinets, and most of the rest of the lumber, came from the same cabinets. There's also about $30 worth of pocket screws which I took out of the old cabinets which we disassembled.

I kept lots of wood and screws and doors Etc when we disassembled the old cabinetry. Basically this cabinet was built for my labor so far . . . but now I have bought the top!

There is no such thing as a free lunch, and so far I am into this setup for about 10 hours labor and $120 for the unfinished blank top (that chunk perched precariously on top is just a scrap of the Baltic Birch 1.5" bartop I bought). So far, I still have to make, finish, and attach the top, and then transfer fish etc.

Well my wife thinks dwarf Malawi cichlids are really cute. Okay some of these are Tanganyika, and there's a South American or two....

But when she saw these she said to me, "All those fish have lips!"

20181001_080935.jpg

20181001_080323.jpg

20181001_080619_resized.jpg

20181001_075001.jpg

20181001_080421_resized.jpg

20181001_075744_resized_1.jpg

The thing about cichlids as they all have a big vacuum cleaner mouth that extends when they want to suck up food but their teeth are actually in the larynx. They can fill up that mouth with food like a pelican and chew it at their leisure.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg owners. Cloudy with rain showers this morning. Looking at the radar it appears they are pretty much out of the area. The weekend forecast has us at about a 50% chance both days. We could definitely use a bit more.

We are going to the lake tomorrow. Probably won't be much happening but will be relaxing.
My girlfriend has been trying to sell her boat and a fella up there wants to look at it and take it for a test ride if the weather cooperates. It will be a sad day in a way. She's had it for 15 years, but we have only had it out 3 times this year and it just sits around getting older. Kinda like me.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning all. 71 and clear this morning. There's and area of rain north of us moving to the east. The man says we are probably going to get some, but not this morning.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning everyone. Looking forward to a fun family day. Grillin and chillin and college gameday down south. Ive been nervous knowing projects piling up as im basically doing nothing productive post surg, today il not ponder and just have some fun. Wish each of yall a safe enjoyable weekwmd

Good morning everyone. Warm and windy this morning. We are at the lake and it's 76 degrees, windy, and humid as all get out. I'm looking for the rain that's predicted.

DJ, sounds like you have a perfect day a going on.

Hopefully the weather will hold so we can show the boat to the prospective buyer today.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning from Grand Lake O The Cherokees. 68 degrees and partly cloudy and no wind to speak of. It rained off and on yesterday and late into the night. It looks like today will bring more of the same.

I'm not sure if we'll head home today or not. There is really nothing pressing at home for us.

I watched football yesterday. I like college ball. I don't watch the pros as I lost interest in them years ago. The past couple of years didn't help either.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning fellas.

I've been pretty much off the web due to lots of house repairs and reinstallations, in the wake of our remodeling.

Then in the middle of that I adopted 11 new tropical fish and a 30 gal tank with all its equipment. They desperately needed a bigger home, and I set up a 55 gallon tank for them on a stand that I built yesterday.
20181007_071305_resized.jpg

The decorations are poorly arranged but I was in a hurry and extremely tired. All the African cichlids went in that, and I am going to use the 30 to temporarily house my Oscar while I move his stand and set up his new tank.

Building the short stand for the 55:
20181006_152741_resized(1).jpg

This is the stand I built for the 30 gallon.

20181004_163110_resized.jpg

Today I have to put up some new ceiling fans and set the television back up. It has 18 speaker boxes and they all need to be rewired because we took it all apart when we painted the living room.

My back is still very sore from working on these cabinets and I'll be doing good just to move a little furniture today.

Good morning all. 72 and high clouds this morning. Today we get a chance to dry out, then a 90% chance for rain tomorrow. Last night a tornado touched down in a small town about 50 miles north of us. No one was hurt, at least I have not heard of any, but it went right down the main street. It's a little unusual this time of year, even in Oklahoma.

That stand for the aquarium turned out real nice Cadd. You put a lot of work into that and it shows. Hope the back is feeling better.

Well, my coffee cup needs to be refilled. Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Man wish i had a coffee too mr mean. Im feeling chipper up in a tree !! Im not 100 % but im so tough 50% is better than most haha. I not ready to pull and hold the compound yet but plan b is always ready and just as fun.
Yall have a great day ima enjoy some nature time.20181008_091822.jpg

Good morning Mossberg owners.

@meanstreak I hadn't heard about any tornadoes touching down but I haven't really been following the weather. Mostly have been watching the Congressional news but I'm not busy putting the house back together.
Well I have set up two aquariums in the past two days and put up switch plates and blinds and worked on cleaning up my garage.

I just bought worms at the fishing store and now I'm sitting in a restaurant waiting for my wife to come eat cheese steaks and curly fries. Then I'm going to go home and feed some worms to my fish and some leftover curly fries to my dog and pass out on the couch with a beer.

I have two ceiling fans to assemble, that I need to get up on the ceiling, but I don't think it's going to happen today if I eat these cheese steaks.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful and sunny here with a light Breeze and not hot at all. We had a slight amount of rain this week which was quite welcome.

More later...

Good morning all. Thank goodness a little rain is been falling. Though weather says less than 10% chance it is def a 100% chance where im sitting ?? Today i brought coffee out with me yeah. Yall enjoy your endeavours safely today.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy this morning and 70 degrees. We had a little rain very early this morning and more is on the way. We could even have some severe weather as the day wears on.

Cadd, the tornado hit a small town called Fairfax, northwest of Tulsa. It did some damage to businesses on the main street, but fortunately there were only some minor injuries.

DJ, how far are you from where the hurricane is being predicted to make landfall ? I'll be watching it's progress .

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning everyone. Cloudy this morning and 70 degrees. We had a little rain very early this morning and more is on the way. We could even have some severe weather as the day wears on.

Cadd, the tornado hit a small town called Fairfax, northwest of Tulsa. It did some damage to businesses on the main street, but fortunately there were only some minor injuries.

DJ, how far are you from where the hurricane is being predicted to make landfall ? I'll be watching it's progress .

Brother @meanstreak im in NW Georgia about 40 miles from Chattanooga Tn so we along way from landfall but path brings leftover s our way on occasion causing issues sometimes wind trees power stuff. Now the Bama home is only 90 miles from the gulf coast but weve always had good luck there im vigilant to keep trees cut back and put things away etc... Before storm. My neighbor down there gave everything a good look for me yesterday. Hopefully all is well for those wonderful lil coastal areas appalachicola mexico beach cape san blas etc.....

Well I feel for the folks on the East Coast who are going to get battered.

The weather here has been absolutely perfect. I went to the dentist today and went out shopping and then I worked on some new lids and a lamp for my aquarium.

20181009_184840_resized.jpg

The lids are cut from Clear lexan sheet and the lamp was made from an LED strip light, a small piece of aluminum tubing 4' long and a 4-foot section of plastic rain gutter with two caps and a handful of screws. You can buy a lamp similar to this at just about any pet store, for about $80 more than what this one cost me to build.

I got some of the stuff on sale and the total cost for the lexan, the rain gutter, end caps, aluminum tube and strip lamp was $66 with tax.

Good morning everyone. The clouds are gone this morning and it's 52 degrees. A tad bit chilly, but the air is calm. We have had about 3 inches of rain the past 4 days. Things are mighty green for this time of year .

Hopefully the hurricane will not pack as much of a punch as the weather service is predicting. I feel for those folks. In August of 1969 I was at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. when hurricane Camille made landfall at Gulfport, about 10 miles west of Biloxi. We spent the next 4 weeks helping with the cleanup of the town. I decided right then and there I did not want to go through that again. Dj, I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that your place is spared.

Cadd, you have what must be luckiest fish on the planet. Hell, your fish have it better than a lot of dogs.

Back