• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

@meanstreak
So did you get the concrete poured before the rain came in?

It has been beautiful here, with cool mornings and warm afternoons, and just the right humidity, fluffy clouds and sunshine.

I have been doing a large number of water changes which always happens when you set up new aquariums, and I have set up three more recently, so they are keeping me busy.

Right now I am running 9 tanks, three 10 gal sump filters, and a dry-sump I am still setting up.

When I get my big custom tanks I will sell most of the little tanks off or give them to my children.

I would have ordered them already except that this week the stock market dropped & that kind of threw me off my chow. I hate to spend money when the market is down.

I never really expected to be poor in my old age, but I never expected to be a retired guy who watched the stock market, waiting for his Investments to go up so he could go out and buy more ammunition and fish. LOL

Anyhow my recent trip to the range has got me thinking that I would like to have a really long, single shot, falling block .45-70 rifle.

But I promised myself I wouldn't buy one until I restore the old goose gun I bought. I might get to that this winter, but I have been working on many different things for a long time and I think what I need right now is a vacation of several weeks.

HAH! You guys have got to be laughing at me now because I'm a retired guy who thinks he needs a vacation . . . :rolleyes:

Hello Mossberg owners.

It's Sunday evening on the West Coast, and I'm so happy that Nunez and Trump came up with a water agreement that's going to keep the farmers here in business.

That means that the pickers and pruners and packers will be in the fields instead of in the county jail.

The San Joaquin Valley is so big and so little of it is actually farmed that if there was adequate water we could put another 10,000 to work tomorrow.

So thank you mr. Nunez and thank you mr. Trump. I am feeling so much more cheerful about California's prospects now that we will quit wasting water.

Now maybe next year they'll be able to do something about that Sanctuary State BS.

Good Monday morning. We are going home later this morning. It's clear and 45.

Cadd, we did not pour any concrete. Ran into some problems, then the rain started. Hopefully we'll get started this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Monday morning. We are going home later this morning. It's clear and 45.

Cadd, we did not pour any concrete. Ran into some problems, then the rain started. Hopefully we'll get started this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great day.

This is the way of all construction projects. Nothing is ever finished on time or on budget and it never comes out exactly like the plans.

Except for a little touch-up on the paint work and the Cabinetry, all that really remains for our round of remodeling here is to build my custom under-cabinet light fixtures for the kitchen.

I've been holding out until I buy a fancy new saw. I think I have finally settled on a DeWalt but I would like something nicer. The stock market kind of Tanked on me and I don't want to go shopping right now.

I bloodied my thumb with a Phillips screwdriver bit going 1200 RPM, and I haven't wanted to do much in the shop for the past couple days so I've been out with the wife shopping for furniture.

We have a "caravan" of 7000 migrants ostensibly heading for San Diego, but I don't know how they can possibly walk that far unless they are getting a lot more support than they're getting now. They call it a caravan on the news because what it really is is a mob, you can't say that word on cable TV anymore.

By the way, according to the fake news, our farmers were complaining about the fact that Farm Workers were hard to come by due to ICE raids. This is a total media lie, and ICE made no mass raids on Farm Workers. ICE basically went around and picked up criminals from the county jails who were being released, and deported them.

Somehow in spite of these reported shortages in labor, this year is going to be a bumper crop in California Agriculture and we will see records in tree fruit, tree nuts, raisins and virtually all other produce.

Good morning all. Beauty of a day in Tulsa shaping up. The high today should be low 70s. Yehaw.

Cadd, as far as the caravan, that looks to me like a job for the marines and sailors . It looks like an invasion to me with helped by the liberals inside this country. This is a well organized and orchestrated mob headed our way.

What really frosts me is the number of folks in this country that actually support these sorts of actions. I bet if 7000 Americans showed up at the border to stop them the news media would be calling them terrorists and calling for their arrests. I tell ya things are so upside down anymore. It makes no sense at all.

Anyways, have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning all it's surely a beauty.
Oh the mob approaching, hmm let me think, dont have my guide book handy were at the dentist. But im gonna say lets start with some HE follow by a bit Willy P , the old shake n bake should disperse them nicely. Sorry but mob on the border im a little intolerant, i have kids and grandkids here.
Thought id clarify, im all for PROPER immigration, we require it lots of jobs need doing. But come CORRECT like my momma did from Austria after WW2, or my best friends blood brothers one from Cuba one from Mexico, served with both both became citizens brothers to me more than 30 years ! We talk EVERYDAY still. So yea im not some intolerant fool as CNN would portray just do things right, or your results will not be good.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg owners.

I've been waiting for news from Turkey, but nada. Either I missed it or they have clamped down.

The latin mob heading north is growing, but the proportion of men to women seems to be growing rapidly. Women and children are generally not going to make another thousand miles, across Mexico, to the United States.

At least not before the election.

Anyhow if there is a trail of dead bodies a thousand miles long across Mexico perhaps people will think twice about trying this stuff, because we're not going to let them in.

A mob is not going to come to America and beat down our gates, no more than some fake news bimbo could beat down the doors of the Supreme Court.

Good morning all. We have some high clouds this morning with a temp of 52. Looking for mid 60s today with increasing clouds.

Cadd, we started pouring concrete yesterday. This is going to be a long process, LOL. My old muscles got a good workout.

I hope the president sends the marines to the border. We'll see an end to this b/s quickly. Then again, perhaps the hurricane will take care of the problem.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning all. Cloudy and wet this . We had some rain last night. It's not going to be very warm today, mid 50s, but it is what it is. The rain has stopped and it will be clearing later this morning.

have a great day.

Good morning all. The clouds never went away yesterday but today has clear skies and 47. Hopefully we will be back to working on the wall from hell this afternoon.

I got word yesterday that an old friend of mine passed away. He lived in Omaha so I'll be heading up there for a few days next week. It sucks when most of your friends are old and on borrowed time. Heck, these days that includes me.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day. Be vigilant and stay safe.

Good morning all. The clouds never went away yesterday but today has clear skies and 47. Hopefully we will be back to working on the wall from hell this afternoon.

I got word yesterday that an old friend of mine passed away. He lived in Omaha so I'll be heading up there for a few days next week. It sucks when most of your friends are old and on borrowed time. Heck, these days that includes me.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day. Be vigilant and stay safe.

Condolences for your loss!

“Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last.” – Marcus Aurelius

sorry to hear of the news man. that is just sucky. i'm moving on up in years, as we all are, and i have lost a few buddies this past year. makes you appreciate life that much more.

:mornin:

morning fellas....stay dry, it's going to be a wet weekend here...

Good Morning folks. It is no secret why people want to come to California.

The weather in the San Joaquin continues to be lovely, with dry sunny days and cool nights. Last night I grilled a huge New York steak, ate like a fool, then stayed up 'til 2:30 staining and rubbing out some nice rainbow wood while I listened to the news.

I also bought some new pre-finished shelves and will be putting them up soon, but today I need to get my surround-sound system back together. Not a trivial task, and I moved most of the speakers around, so I have to cut and tin lots of new wires. There are 38 drivers in 18 boxes, configured for 7.2 channels, but so far only 3 are up and wired. I need to crawl in the attic and run more wires for channel 6 & 7.

We just had the ceiling textured and re-paintsd, and if I screw it up I will be very unhappy, so I am not looking forward to this task.

Just one of many tasks I am avoiding this AM. ;)

Y'all have a great day.

Good morning all. It's a beauty of a day for a drive. Heading to Iowa. Thanks Elbert and Rip. Yep we get older and realize we are mere mortals.

Cadd, are you ever going be finished ? LOL. I know you will just get busy with something else .

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good morning from Fairfax, Iowa. Clear skies and 40 degrees at 8 am. We are here visiting Marilyn's family. I am driving to Omaha later this week. I'll be there 3 or 4 days, then back here.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Back