• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg owners. In Iraq. It's like 5 in the evening here.

We have been out Furniture shopping and working on furniture and working on the house. It's coming along but very slowly. I thank God we're not in a hurry.

I was watching The Daily Wire, and Ben Shapiro said that after this recent outrage he's going to start carrying to the synagogue.

Frankly, it would have occurred to me a long time before, if Baptists were as persecuted as Jews.

Good morning Mossberg Owners...
:clock:

been rainy here far too long. I wish it would just stop for a while. Maybe even just rain at night. That would be perfect. Kind of like Floridas rain showers in the afternoon. lol.

Good morning all. Another beauty of a day in Eastern Iowa. High clouds and 57 at 10:30 am. There's a chance of rain showers this afternoon.

I'm headed to Omaha tomorrow for a few days, then back to Fairfax, IA.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning folks. There's not a chance of rain here Rip, and there has not been for many weeks.

It's another clesr, warm, lovely autumn day on the West Coast, yet the motivation to take myself out fishing and shooting has still not overwhelmed the motivation to work on furniture.

I'm suffering from old white male hyper responsibility syndrome.

These are the corner cabinets for the TV room. That's the Left Channel speaker array on one. As you can see, everything is a big mess.
20181030_084942_resized.jpg
I cut the corner off of this cabinet 20 years ago with a handsaw. It didn't quite fit in our house & I remember sweating over it because this is solid Red Oak.

Since we moved in '02 I've been ignoring the fact that that corner was missing off the cabinet, and the liberated chunk has been snoozing in the bottom of my desk for 16 years.

Anyhow, we moved all the furniture around, I finally had an excuse to lay this cabinet down and glue it back together. Since I had to fill up the thickness of a saw kerf, I used Oatey's Fixit Stick epoxy putty.
20181030_084812_resized.jpg
It is not the easiest stuff to work with but it does a grand job if you get it right. A little spot putty, some sanding, a bit of paint and whitewash and it will look OK.

You folks all have a nice Tuesday, and hopefully I'll have some more pictures to throw up tomorrow.

Good morning from Iowa, the eastern side. I'm heading to Omaha today. About a 4 hour drive. Should be back Saturday evening.

Have a great day.

Meanie you seem to get around a lot more than I do. Where's that jealousy icon?

I bought a fishing license this year and have not had the boat out one time. At least I did buy one new gun. I need to go shoot it some more to relieve the tension. ;)

Today I am still working on the sound system and TV room furniture. There is still a way to go. I need to modify a cabinet into a separate cabinet and shelf. If you want to make your wife nervous, aim a circular saw at an $1800 cabinet. LOL

You all have a good morning and a great day.

Meanie you seem to get around a lot more than I do. Where's that jealousy icon?

I bought a fishing license this year and have not had the boat out one time. At least I did buy one new gun. I need to go shoot it some more to relieve the tension. ;)

Today I am still working on the sound system and TV room furniture. There is still a way to go. I need to modify a cabinet into a separate cabinet and shelf. If you want to make your wife nervous, aim a circular saw at an $1800 cabinet. LOL

You all have a good morning and a great day.

LOL. They have a more difficult time locating me that way.

Good morning all. Big day today, heading to the sprawling metropolis of Dalton Ga. Theres an election rally for Governors race and VP Pence is going to be there. Ive never seen him so making the trip with couple friends to support Kemp and hear what the VP has to say. Should be interesting,day, yall be safe out there.

:mornin:
mornin fellas.
Cad, that's quite a long time to keep a little piece of wood. I can relate to that though. lol
Those speakers are huge. are they secured? it would be a little hair raising if they slipped off during a quake. I had a speaker land on my head during the northridge quake. man that smarted...

I'll look and see if the smilie website has a jealous looking one.... :laugh:

It's 53 and no rain today, just a bunch of clouds....

today I'll be setting up a wifi range extender. the netgear n300. the instructions are complicated, so I'll watch a video of how to. after that, I'' go down to the cave and work on something....

cheers...

Good afternoon. I arrived in Omaha about 6pm yesterday. I flew with an old student of mine this morning at 8am. Perfect air for flying. Visibility of about 15 miles and not a ripple.

This evening is the visitation for my friend, then funeral tomorrow.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning all Mossbergers!! VP Pence was impressive yesterday glad i went . il admit im a Trump homer 100% but Pence alleviated any questions i worried about if we lost Potus. I truly knew next to nothing about him left impressed and proud. Politics aside its a neat damp very quite morning after all night storm. The type morning ya get snuck up on ;) maybe...15411669618623103742054213170284.jpg

Good morning. Got up to make a 7:00 meeting and it was still DARK. But at 55 degrees it still felt comfortable but the temp fell slowly all day long.

Good morning all, its a crisp 40 degrees. Gonna take long woods walk this morn at day break. Then something crazy , i love bologna especially fried. But i saw this pic of a smoked whole chub, hmmm i need that in my life so i went bought a 2#er.
Il be smokin it today, review later. Heres the picture i saw. Im thinking this with potatoe rolls fresh tomato 7768655244_d06c7531fc_z.jpg slices and cheese for football game this evening.

Rejoice !!! In this beautiful day the Lord has givin us.
My smoked bologna was a hit ! Nice change basically its smoked meat candy on white bread;)
To LSU and especially Coach O, good strong effort enjoyed the game, but we aint quite finished RoLL Tide !!
Have a great Sunday everyone enjoy living in the greatest country in the world. 20181103_135610.jpg 20181104_083546_HDR.jpg

Good morning from soggy eastern Iowa. I drove over from Omaha yesterday afternoon. It rained all the way.

DJ, as an Ohio State fan I gotta tell ya. The tide does not belong in the SEC. They should be playing on Sunday in the NFL. That was an excellent LSU team that they thoroughly whipped last night. I think the race this year is for runner up.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg lovers and Firearms enthusiasts of all Persuasions.

ripjack13 said:
Those speakers are huge. are they secured? it would be a little hair raising if they slipped off during a quake. I had a speaker land on my head during the northridge quake. man that smarted...

They're screwed together and they are attached to the wall with a steel safety leash.

I am still working on the TV room furnishings this morning. This cabinet used to be the same height as the two matching Corner cabinets and they were really three parts of one big cabinet.
20181104_085349_resized.png
You can see I am trimming the Oak Rim with my antique Diston hand saw. My wife bought this at a yard sale for $3 and was going to hang it on the fence as a decoration but the sucker was still sharp, and I've been using it for years.

I had much modified this 32" cabinet previously so I could remove my 31" TV and install a 52. Basically I took the glass shelves out of the center section and cut two big notches in the sides of the cabinet, about 2 in deep and 30 in tall, so the TV would Nest against that cabinet.

But now I have attached my TV to the wall, in anticipation of larger televisions to come. I shortened the main cabinet by cutting about 3 ft from the sides. I made a lid for the bottom cabinet from the two sides I had removed.

I rimmed the edge of that lid because it was just Oak veneered. I milled the trim from 2x2x36 red oak on my homemade router table.

Now it needs some filler and paint and a little sanding and then I can resume my wiring.

Back