• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers. Cloudy and 43 in Cedar Rapids this morning. By late week it's going to be winter here. Lows in the high teens low twenties for several nights. Drats.

Cadd, you sure have a lot of cabinets. Between aquarium stands and stereo equipment stands you have a small forest.i like how you reuse what you have and turn old into new.

Hope you all have a great day.

Furniture is so ridiculously expensive and such poor quality nowadays, that it behooves me to fix up anything I can get ahold of that was well made.

But there's more to this than that, and it took me a long time to realize what it was.

I was sitting in the theater watching the movie Apollo 13, and there is this part where the engineers on earth have to figure out a way to repair an air scrubber in outer space, and all they have to work with is whatever is in the spaceship.

For me of course it's just a game, because if I fail in my quest to build whatever I'm building nobody is going to die.

But I recognized that, quite literally, what I have been doing withmy entire life, since I got my first set of Tinker Toys, is trying to build things out of other things, as a game.

It is often an enormous amount of work, but without that work I would have turned out to be rather less than I am now. That's something else that took me a long time to learn.

Furniture is so ridiculously expensive and such poor quality nowadays, that it behooves me to fix up anything I can get ahold of that was well made.

since I got my first set of Tinker Toys, is trying to build things out of other things, as a game.

It is often an enormous amount of work, but without that work I would have turned out to be rather less than I am now. That's something else that took me a long time to learn.

I'm the same way. I used to say " I was like BASF...I don't make things, I make things better." Just like their old commercial...but nowadays I make stuff. So I don't say that anymore. However, I still like making stuff with other stuff...
The next thing on my list is to make a bluetooth speaker system for my shop. I have some speakers hooked up and a speaker box from an old ipod, but I dislike all the wires and plugs needed to use them. So I'm going to condense the speakers to one box and plug and add a blutooth thing....

anyhow...it's wet start to the day...again. I'm really getting tired of this rain. but it's better than snow I guess....

cheers!

Good morning mates. 40 and cloudy and windy as all get out. Winds 25 mph from the northwest.

Election Day finally, lol. We voted absentee about 10 days ago as we knew we'd be out of town. I am hopefully optimistic about the results. I'm certain if the house and senate remain in Republican control the left will ratchet up their antics from the past two years.

I bought three boxes of ammo yesterday. I bought Federal Premium , 2 boxes of .243 and 1 box of .45-70. I'm going to send in the receipt so I can get a free Buck Knife,lol. Not exactly free, but hey I have more ammo now.

Cadd, Rip, and John, I wish I had the knowledge and skill to do woodworking like you guys.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Mornin fellas.
chilly windy day today to start off.

woodworking is easy....thank goodness for putty and paint. lol

Good morning all. Cloudy, chilly, and gloomy day in eastern Iowa. 34 degrees with not much chance of improvement today.

Rip, you are too humble.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning all. Still cloudy and chilly in eastern Iowa. Tomorrow that changes to cold. Friday night the low is supposed to be about 15. Brrrrr.

Good morning MOers. Partly sunny and 27. The sun will melt the dusting of snow we received last night. Supposed to happen again tonight and get much colder. The low tonight should be in the mid teens.

We are planning to head back to Oklahoma tomorrow. We'll probably make it a two day trip.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Good morning everyone. We drove home yesterday, 9 hours including a couple of stops at rest areas and once for gas. The distance was about 590 miles, all but about 20 was interstate. We had good weather all the way.

It's good to be home, and I'll even make it to the last afternoon of the Wannemacher gun show.

Have a great day and be safe.

Meanie, you sure like to travel. I think I got most of that out of my system in the previous century.

I am looking at several new guns that I can't afford. You cannot buy a new Glock in California. Used ones go for a hefty premium, but cannot be carried in inventory. FFL transacted party-to-party sales only.

80% kits are being sold. Like building an 80% AR, except the "machining" is to plastic. I haven't bought one but I have seen them at the range. Look just like a Glock, but no proper markings.

Really no interest to me. I like metal guns. Old-fashoned at heart I suppose.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. We drove home yesterday, 9 hours including a couple of stops at rest areas and once for gas. The distance was about 590 miles, all but about 20 was interstate. We had good weather all the way.

It's good to be home, and I'll even make it to the last afternoon of the Wannemacher gun show.

Have a great day and be safe.

It was awesome!

102_9556.JPG

Mornin fellas.
it finally has stopped raining....for now. They are calling for more rain this week though. :brick:

Well it's 25 outside now. We have a full day scheduled ahead of us. Have to go to a consignment shop to stock up my pen display. Then meet two peeps who want to buy some van halen looking pens. then go to woodcraft for a new tool rest. then the dr's for my wifes shoulder. may be a rotator cuff.

enjoy the day!

Good morning from snowy northeast Oklahoma. It's white and wet, LOL. It won't last long, but it is purty while it lasts.

Elbert, it looked like they had a good show. I only went yesterday for 4 hours and there were a lot of folks there. I did manage to pick up a couple of knives for what I thought was reasonable. I am already looking forward to the next Wannemacher in April.

Rip, you have a busy Monday for sure. Good luck at the doctors visit.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners, and Veterans around the globe.

The cabinet people are here again, and hopefully they will get all the trim work repaired today. That leaves just a few lamps to wire, and the contractor's job is done. I guess some folks don't believe in Veteran's day, and yet we have a huge parade every year in neighboring Fresno. They claim it to be the country's largest.

I will see it on TV only, because these guys will probably take all day to finish.

Morning all. 23 and cloudy. Not nearly as cold as I thought it might be, smiley face.

Later this week we will be back to normal with temps in the high 40s low 50s, and perhaps low 60s on Friday.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning folks.

Meanie, that is very cold. I don't think it has gotten below 29F in Fresno in the past 45 years.

This morning I arose to find one of my aging mystery snails laying a huge clutch of eggs.
20181113_102210.jpg
This is the third large clutch that has been laid but I have not attempted to raise any of the snails and they have all been eaten.

Because there is no gravel or sand in my snail tank they cannot escape from the hungry adults.

Anyhow you can see in the picture that is single egg is coming from under her shell and she will transport it up to the clutch, using snail slime magic to cheat gravity.

These snails my spend their entire lives in the water, but they must lay & hatch their eggs above the water.

Well the cabinet makers are finished in my house and I owe them some money. There's a little bit of wiring left in the kitchen and then our contract is complete.

I might be able to get it done by Thanksgiving. That would be nice as the entire family is coming over.

Well you guys have a nice day and shoot them if you got them. California has elected Gavin Newsom and he is already railing against gun owners.

Dems also have supermajorities in the state House and Senate, so you know it's going to be a furious time in California.

Good morning from frigid, for us, Tulsa. 21 this morning under clear skies.

Cadd, that's a cool picture of mother nature doing what she does. It would sure take a lot of those to make an omelet. I guess if you are a snail not so many.

I am afraid you are right about the guns Cadd. Probably not just in California either. I'm sure the dems have plans to start chopping at our rights come January.

You all have a great day and be vigilant.

Meanie, I have a feeling that with as many lawyers as there are in the United States there will be lots of guys on our side filing injunctions against things like the Federal Gun Parts ban.

These idiots in Congress don't understand that a Prohibition law is a Prohibition law, and they do not work, and they never have, and they never will.

Anyhow good afternoon Mossberg owners. We are still struggling to get the house all together before Thanksgiving, and today we moved furniture and shampooed carpets.
20181114_131518_resized.jpg
I also cut some more baseboards but have not installed them, and I have started building a plate shelf for my wife.

1542231033993632919637.jpg

I am having some serious pain in my elbow from repetitive motion injuries and arthritis. Too many hours running the screw gun, saw, etc. so I am not going to get this stuff finished today.

I think it's time to go treat my elbow to some alcohol and a sandwich. You all have a great day & try to avoid any serious weather or foreign incursions.

Hey it's lunch time here but good morning anyway.

Southern cooking is not real popular here. Mostly it's Mexican, Okie BBQ, and Mediterranean / Armenian food.

There are few joys in that regard except the occasional key lime pie or these prefabricated things from Patti LaBelle.
20181115_075443_resized(1).jpg
These pies are not bad though. Closest thing you can get around these parts is soul food and you got to go to the opposite corner of Fresno.

The weather sure isn't changing. There's been not a bit of rain but just cool nights and sunny warm days with a light Haze of smoke from the fires burning 200 miles to the norwest of us.

I'm starting to think about home fire suppression systems.

... There's been not a bit of rain but just cool nights and sunny warm days with a light Haze of smoke from the fires burning 200 miles to the norwest of us.

I'm starting to think about home fire suppression systems.

As you know I was in aircraft sales back in the '70s and '80s.
Maybe something like this would suit your needs?

Back