• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got 2 today

TracyK

Copper BB
I posted in an earlier thread that I was thinking about buying an 835 ultimag. The wife and I took the hour drive to Gander Mountain today and I traded off a Taurus 82 revolver that was gathering dust and some cash for the 835 and a 20g 500.

Both shotguns appear to be gently used. The 835 has the turkey choke and the 500 a modified choke. I'll pick up other chokes shortly and I was thinking about a slug barrel for the 835.

Stopped on the way home and picked up a new bottle of Hoppes no9 to clean them with and as I was working on them with my 18 month granddaughter who was cleaning out my cleaning box and brushing her hair with all the brushes. I managed to spill 2/3 of the bottle on the carpet as the daughter in law was burning supper in the oven the smoke detectors were going off all over the house and the dogs were going crazy. Talk about interesting:)

As soon as my daughter comes in I'll post some pictures.
God Bless
Tracy

Tracy, it sounds like good times!

I'd love to find one of those older 835s, I passed up quite a few of them over the years. They've always been about $250 and then I didn't see them again. They're usually in the pawn shops around here.

I was very fortunate they actually had 2 835s and a 500 12 gauge to choose from. I figured with the 3 1/2 inch option the 835 may be a little better.
I'm sitting at work wondering how I can pick up the other two now;).

Believe it or not dawn dish soap and a power scrubber do wonders. The wife isn't real happy about the no9 smell though. Doesn't bother me at all, just don't see what all the fuss is.lol

Back