• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got a 410 Shockwave

BigBri

Copper BB
I just picked up my new 410 SW. I previously had a 12g 500 Persuader that was too much for my wife to handle. With the lighter weight and recoil, I figure this should do the trick. I have yet to be able to shoot it, as I am taking care of my father in home-hospice. When I'm able to, the fun will begin.

Only mod right now is the Foxx grip tape for the birdshead.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWL7YZR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7NeXC3M
tmCAsKS

Congratulations on the shotgun for your wife. I have much the same dilemma in my household and there are very few guns that she can shoot well.

I am sorry that your Dads health isn't doing well. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Congratulations on the shotgun for your wife. I have much the same dilemma in my household and there are very few guns that she can shoot well.

I am sorry that your Dads health isn't doing well. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Thanks - much appreciated.

I use a 20 ga for the same reason. Don't like the recoil of a 12.

Prayers for you and your dad.

.410 Bore is a good choice as it recoils much less than 12 Gauge, but still offers plenty of power for Home Defense, and there are a variety of specialty loads designed for shorter barrels.

Check out the Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 Buck. I've fired some myself out of my Taurus Judge Magnum, and let me tell you, this stuff is seriously good. It uses Federal's Flight Control wad which holds a tight pattern even out of the short 3" rifled barrel of my Judge and hits with authority, so it ought to be quite the showstopper out of the 14" barrel of the 590 Shockwave.

.410 Bore is a good choice as it recoils much less than 12 Gauge, but still offers plenty of power for Home Defense, and there are a variety of specialty loads designed for shorter barrels.

Check out the Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 Buck. I've fired some myself out of my Taurus Judge Magnum, and let me tell you, this stuff is seriously good. It uses Federal's Flight Control wad which holds a tight pattern even out of the short 3" rifled barrel of my Judge and hits with authority, so it ought to be quite the showstopper out of the 14" barrel of the 590 Shockwave.

The flight control wad is only offered in 12 gauge.

Back