• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got a project in mind and looking for opinions

Yup. You would have to have both pieces in hand and see how much surface contact between the two.

I dont think there is enough plastic there for the insert.

I agree. Anything like this will weaken the area around the insert, and not be much different than threading a screw directly into the plastic. Very similar in function to those little plastic expanding things people stick in their sheet rock for hanging pictures. They pull out just from gravity over time.

any updates?....im picking up an 88 tonight and was looking into doing the same thing but with an insert called a nutsert...they use them for structural fasteners for bmw and corvettes kind of like a pop rivet but much better and has a bigger backing to prevent tear out...like the oval nut idea too ...

I didnt think of the nutsert I did suggest the brass insert in an earlier post. Could heat the brass insert I used a 5/32 insert they are about 1/8" tall call for a m4 screw got them through grainger down side is you have to buy 25 plus of them!

Back